Rockoxe

SCP-297 "Steely Dan"

From the wiki:

"SCP-297 is a transparent plastic vibrator, approximately 30 cm in length, 5 cm in width. Examination has determined that the internal structure has been heavily altered, and that the standard 6 V power supply has been converted into what appears to be a micronized nuclear reactor powered by a small quantity of plutonium."

"In addition, the standard power/intensity controls have been altered from the normal on/off switch with secondary intensity dial, to a single five-stage selector switch. The bottom four intensity levels (off, low, medium, high) appear to be within normal parameters for such a device, and can be used safely for such purposes if so desired."

"When turned to the highest intensity setting (labeled "suicide"), SCP-297's vibration frequency swiftly increases to upwards of 200,000 kHz. If the upper portion of the device is touched to any solid material, SCP-297 will change frequency to one that causes a positive harmonic feedback loop in the object, causing the object to lose cohesion within sixty seconds of continual contact. This invariably kills organisms that it is exposed to."

I suggest that SCP-297 should be added to the game as an easter-egg weapon, like the melon bomb in 932's chamber. The SCP should be operated as a hand-held weapon, similar to a stun-stick (butt-rape is a painful adversary), and can alternate between dials using the right-click. When equipped, the SCP should make a buzzing, vibrating noise that increases in decibel when a higher dial is selected. When a higher dial is selected, the SCP's damage should increase as well as the required energy for each swing.

The higher the dial, the more damage but the less usage:

Starting power: 200

-Dial 1 (Pleasure mode): 1% damage, 1 power (200 swings)

-Dial 2 (Rough): 5% damage, 4 power (50 swings)

-Dial 3 (Hardcore): 25% damage, 8 power (20 swings)

-Dial 4 (Basically a stun-stick): 40% damage, 15 power (13 swings)

-Dial 5 (Sterilization): 75% damage, 25 power (8 Swings)

-Dial 6 (Suicide): Insta-kill's anything, 150 power (1-swing)

(the higher the dial for 1-5, the more total damage you can deal, but you face a greater risk of loosing total damage if you miss a swing because of the greater power requirements)

(edit the stats as you please, maybe turn up the starting power, but I suggest a 1-swing 1-use insta-kill dial)

I believe it would be appropriate to place SCP-297 in one of the offices in the entrance zone (the female researchers can get lonely sometimes...) and edit the door to only accept a lvl 5 keycard.

Joke suggestion: make the player moan when hit by SCP-297

+1

The instant kill setting would probably be too overpowered, because despite having only one shot, someone with that instant kill shot could take down a SCP with a lot of health, and people wouldn't be happy about that.

Posted  Edited by Surreal

-1. I am not gonna have to deal with certain asswipes (Gary) in the community trying to fuck themselves with Steely Dan. Or make jokes about doing 1 on 1 research with Steely Dan. 

Edited by Surreal

what the fuck did I just read

No.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements