Roy

Steam Login/Integration Fixed!

Hello everyone, I just wanted to let everyone know the Steam login/integration with the website is fixed! This means you should be able to login and sign up through Steam again.

The Issue

We use this IPS 4 plugin to handle Steam logins.

After debugging the issue for around an hour, in system/Login/Steam.php I added logging to this area:

preg_match("#^http://steamcommunity.com/openid/id/([0-9]{17,25})#", $_GET['openid_claimed_id'], $matches);
$steamID64 = is_numeric($matches[1]) ? $matches[1] : 0;
\IPS\Log::log($_GET['openid_claimed_id'], 'steam_login');

$_GET['openid_claimed_id'] was returning a HTTPS URL instead of HTTP. I'd assume Steam's OpenID is now going over HTTPS instead of HTTP (probably a recent change). Therefore, simply changing it to check on HTTPS fixed the issue:

preg_match("#^https://steamcommunity.com/openid/id/([0-9]{17,25})#", $_GET['openid_claimed_id'], $matches);

Before this issue was fixed, this is the error you likely received while trying to login:

image.png

Something went wrong. Please try again.

I hope this helps any others running IPS 4 with the Steam login handler!

Thanks!

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit · Hidden
Hidden
3 hours ago, Roy said:

Hello everyone, I just wanted to let everyone know the Steam login/integration with the website is fixed! This means you should be able to login and sign up through Steam again.

The Issue

We use this IPS 4 plugin to handle Steam logins.

After debugging the issue for around an hour, in system/Login/Steam.php I added logging to this area:

preg_match("#^http://steamcommunity.com/openid/id/([0-9]{17,25})#", $_GET['openid_claimed_id'], $matches);
$steamID64 = is_numeric($matches[1]) ? $matches[1] : 0;
\IPS\Log::log($_GET['openid_claimed_id'], 'steam_login');

$_GET['openid_claimed_id'] was returning a HTTPS URL instead of HTTP. I'd assume Steam's OpenID is now going over HTTPS instead of HTTP (probably a recent change). Therefore, simply changing it to check on HTTPS fixed the issue:

preg_match("#^https://steamcommunity.com/openid/id/([0-9]{17,25})#", $_GET['openid_claimed_id'], $matches);

Before this issue was fixed, this is the error you likely received while trying to login:

image.png

Something went wrong. Please try again.

I hope this helps any others running IPS 4 with the Steam login handler!

Thanks!

Is this the sourcebans thing or no

Edit: no its not

Edited by TheSadBandit

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

2 hours ago, Jerry Hat Trick said:

It's still doing it for me.

12.jpg

Is this on mobile? Also, I'd assume you're signing in, correct?

Thanks.

53 minutes ago, Jerry Hat Trick said:

No, this is on my pc, and using both Chrome & Firefox.

I am able to sign in using my email address, but have customarily done so using the Steam log in.

I will enable debug logging again once I have the time. I will send you a PM once I've done so and you can try to log in. Hopefully I'll be able to gain more information.

I apologize for this inconvenience. 

Thanks.

@Jerry Hat Trick, I have enabled debugging for your Steam ID. Would you be able to try logging in through Steam again? It will likely not work but it'll let me gather more information.

// Jerry Hat Trick Logging.
if (strpos($_GET['openid_claimed_id'], '76561197995102325') !== false)
{
	$stuffz = Array();

// Get the stuffz.
	$stuffz['claimed_id'] = $_GET['openid_claimed_id'];
	$stuffz['values'] = $values;
	$stuffz['params'] = $params;

// Encode it in JSON.
	$daStuffz = json_encode($stuffz);

// Log da message?!?!?!?!?!?!? YES!
	\IPS\Log::log($daStuffz, 'steam_login');
}

Thanks.