RivalRevival

Server Ideas

After a few sessions on our only running left 4 dead 2 server, i had thought of some ideas for when we decide (more so "if" we decide) to expand. 

Ideas for current server: 

- change the server advertisements on the side to showcase the games, using the servers as examples. I.e "We also have servers on (insert game)! Check out: (randomized server for said game). It'd show that we're headstrong in expanding our horizon and not just winging it towards popular games. 

- Add in roles system to replace the [US] tags. Since theres not much you can do to keep it fair for all but make vip/supporters feel special, maybe give small bonuses like a tag on the side, or jukebox (hive) access/priority. Always nice to find ways to get more donations in for more system shit. 

- Put a challenges/record system in place. Keep it vanilla but add a way for bonus points or a level up system or something. Sets us apart from literally any other 4 person coop server. 

Ideas for future servers:

- 10v10 server. They're very popular nowadays.

- Mutation/Realism server. Could probably fit custom content or maps into this as well. 

- Versus/Scavenge mix or separate servers. 8 person vs is pretty fun, but this also works for a 10v10. 8 spots filled up quickly with @Kite9867, @Cas, @Heaven, and several others. 

Special Round Server - Ive seen a lot more servers with "Tank Challenge" or "Double Tank Witch" etc etc. they seem to be almost always full as well. 

DISCLAIMER: Yes this seems like a waste of time with servers having small space and being so late into a game market, but its always worth thinking about the future. These are just little thoughts I've had that I think might get us more on the map. Any other ideas or suggestions could be posted below!

10.png

09d0b896183dbff5a60d2b2cc222695d.png

367262534_BOI.png.c132dc31a7816b5ef0a2142c6559bc4c.png

Achievements

1 hour ago, Smiles said:

Could we have a taaank server, if not could we have gfl related taaank matches

Randomized special round server, probably. Just remember, that taaaank game got old quickly lol

10.png

09d0b896183dbff5a60d2b2cc222695d.png

367262534_BOI.png.c132dc31a7816b5ef0a2142c6559bc4c.png

Achievements

Change the server advertisements on the side to showcase the games, using the servers as examples. I.e "We also have servers on (insert game)! Check out: (randomized server for said game). It'd show that we're headstrong in expanding our horizon and not just winging it towards popular games. 

I will look into implementing this into my Server Hop plugin that is currently on the server.

Add in roles system to replace the [US] tags. Since theres not much you can do to keep it fair for all but make vip/supporters feel special, maybe give small bonuses like a tag on the side, or jukebox (hive) access/priority. Always nice to find ways to get more donations in for more system shit.

I don't believe the server has the country codes plugin at the moment. Though, it would be nice to give supporters and so on tags. I'll think about this and see what I can do.

Put a challenges/record system in place. Keep it vanilla but add a way for bonus points or a level up system or something. Sets us apart from literally any other 4 person coop server. 

At some point I will be adding GameME to the server.

As for new servers, unfortunately it doesn't seem vanilla L4D2 servers are as popular as I initially thought now-a-days even with matchmaking. I am very interested in making 10vs10 servers and if @Cas along with others are interested in helping out, that would be awesome!

I am also interested in a tank challenge server as I made one myself a month ago for friends and I to play on (made a plugin that white-listed only us).

Great ideas! :)

Thanks!

@Roy Don't you still have access to that server that I asked you to borrow to GCC, with like, 32 slots? Or you used that to create this one server we already have?

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

2 minutes ago, Pyros said:

@Roy Don't you still have access to that server that I asked you to borrow to GCC, with like, 32 slots? Or you used that to create this one server we already have?

That server is still on one of our European machines, yes.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Roy said:

That server is still on one of our European machines, yes.

Thanks.

Couldn't we use that one for Germany? I'm pretty sure it isn't Vanilla, but if it is we can expand on that since GCC don't need it anymore, forgot to tell you that

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

1 hour ago, WigglesWorth said:

You have me on steam and discord, lemme know when you need anything :P

Of course :)

I will be contacting you regarding these ideas more than likely.

Thanks.