Roy

The Future Of GFL

Hidden
1 minute ago, Shuruia said:

I'd just like to repeat Roy's point about passwords. Don't be one of those mongs who use the same password for every website.

Many websites and companies besides GFL have been hit by hackers in the past. Tumblr, Twitter, Sony, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Adobe, Apple, AOL and MySpace are all examples of websites/companies that have experienced data breaches and illegal data trading. Registering an account with these service providers (including GFL, given recent events) will put your other accounts at risk if you use a common password between accounts. An unpleasant chain reaction, to be certain.

Tell 'em. 

18194929_887078058110054_671157654197429

Posted  Edited by Edge · Hidden
Hidden

It's completely understandable for people to have lost trust but any anger is just irrational. It's 100% your fault for using the same password on multiple sites, let alone a gaming community site. How can you trust a gaming community when the likes of Sony, Target, Spotify, etc. get leaked all the time? Shit happens,  you need to treat password security like defensive driving. The breach at worst should have only compromised your GFLClan password, not anything else.

Edited by Edge

Achievements

Hidden
1 hour ago, Shuruia said:

I'd just like to repeat Roy's point about passwords. Don't be one of those mongs who use the same password for every website.

Many websites and companies besides GFL have been hit by hackers in the past. Tumblr, Twitter, Sony, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Adobe, Apple, AOL and MySpace are all examples of websites/companies that have experienced data breaches and illegal data trading. Registering an account with these service providers (including GFL, given recent events) will put your other accounts at risk if you use a common password between accounts. An unpleasant chain reaction, to be certain.

Oh no I use the same "yourmom6969" password on all my accounts, I hope they don't take anything.

Hidden
3 hours ago, Otter said:

Oh no I use the same "yourmom6969" password on all my accounts, I hope they don't take anything.

Depending on how you guys encrypted passwords in the past, might not be a huge issue.

Hidden
7 hours ago, Hannah said:

I didn't say this is a laughing matter I am just saying you are way to fucking serious. It's been dealt with let that shit go 

Unfortunately, just because we completely built a new forum from stratch does not mean the issue was dealt with. This is not like an issue with an abusing admin. We had a major security breach. Until everyone who had financial information on the forums can guarantee that their money is safe again and nothing was stolen then the issue is still here. 

However, 

7 hours ago, Telemetry said:

Why am I not surprised that the little girls in GFL don't get the reach of the problem *shrugemote*

Telemetry , I think its been stated multiple times that the staff and member understand your frustration but you are acting like a child. You come here with a bad attitude and blame the management. I would like to say that no one in a management, DL or even council has access to PayPal. With a few obvious exclusions like denros. You are blaming management for the security breach which doesn't make sense really if they didn't have the access. 

Smh 

Image result for roo emotes

Achievements

Hidden

How about we all stop bitching and moaning about the breach that happened? At least the website and the servers are back. We can all communicate again. If you want to bitch and moan you could of easily not joined the forums again.

swegbuster1.png

Posted  Edited by Brandon · Hidden
Hidden

Yeah my personal paypal information is now public knowledge because the administration here failed even the most basic of security procedures when protecting data I trusted them with but yeah it's all cool the forums are back. Honestly this blind optimism is fucking retarded but it has come to the point that the forum admins are deleting my posts so I will end this by saying the following.

You let us down. You knew there was a security issue with certain things happening in the community you did nothing. This wasn't a hack. It wasn't a leak. You had so many people with access to your shit I highly doubt anyone stole anything from you I imagine they fucking logged in with a legitimate username and password because you were too dumb to change them after a power shift (people leaving the community over years). But you don't even know that do you, you really have no fucking idea what happend other than your users table ending up on fucking pastebin. Considering your past records with your servers this doesn't surprise me at all. Everyone talks about this great "hijack" of servers and shit when it comes down to it no one did anything they weren't allowed to do because you gave out your root, your rcon, your ftp passwords like fucking candy. You're a bunch of dumbasses and if I could go back years ago and not donate to you I would that was my mistake. Trusting you.

Edited by Brandon

Hidden
Just now, Brandon said:

Yeah my personal paypal information is now public knowledge because the administration here failed even the most basic of security procedures when protecting data I trusted them with but yeah it's all cool the forums are back. Honestly this blind optimism is fucking retarded but it has come to the point that the forum admins are deleting my posts so I will end this by saying the following.

You let us down. You knew there was a security issue with certain things happening in the community you did nothing. This wasn't a hack. It wasn't a leak. You had so many people with access to your shit I highly doubt anyone stole anything from you I imagine they fucking logged in with a legitimate username and password because you were too dumb to change them after a power shift (people leaving the community over years). Considering your past records with your servers this doesn't surprise me at all. Everyone talks about this great "hijack" of servers and shit when it comes down to it no one did anything they weren't allowed to do because you gave out your root, your rcon, your ftp passwords like fucking candy. You're a bunch of dumbasses and if I could go back years ago and not donate to you I would that was my mistake. Trusting you.

Im not one for insulting people. It just isnt my style. But if you are daft enough to make your information on a gaming community the same as your paypal than that was your own incompetence at work. You need to have a difficult password that should change every so often. Especially for something as vital as paypal. 

12e02444c9.jpg

Posted  Edited by Brandon · Hidden
Hidden

For your information they're not the same. That doesn't mean I should not expect someone to treat my personal information with the respect it deserves but again I speaking to the administration of this site not a random pleb with his head up their ass. Piss off surely they do not need you to defend them. If it's all cool and everyone should just chill surely they can come up with a decent response to this other than "lol sorry guyz".

Edited by Brandon

Hidden
2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

For your information they're not the same. That doesn't mean I should not expect someone to treat my personal information with the respect it deserves but again I speaking to the administration of this site not a random pleb with his head up their ass. Piss off surely they do not need you to defend them. If it's all cool and everyone should just chill surely they can come up with a decent response to this other than "lol sorry guyz".

You keep saying random pleb but please explain your importance if you dont mind? And why lie and say they have given out your paypal information? it makes no sense you are trying to prove an invalid point. If you have proper pass management that the only thing that should have been at risk is your gfl account. 

12e02444c9.jpg

Hidden
2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

For your information they're not the same. That doesn't mean I should not expect someone to treat my personal information with the respect it deserves but again I speaking to the administration of this site not a random pleb with his head up their ass. Piss off surely they do not need you to defend them.

You are right with some of your statements, even if they're expressed in a rather bad way.

But honestly, what are you trying to reach? Bringing it up again and again, saying how bad the management was, what does that do for anyone? I doubt it makes you feel better.

If you're interested in more information, I'd recommend privately messaging Roy and possibly you'll get an explanation.

Some of your posts were hidden, yes, that is because you're disrespecting other users, which is against our forum rules. (I am not sure if they're posted anywhere yet, so take this as a reminder)

Snow Owl.jpg

Achievements

Hidden

I missed the show. Dang. 

Coming home today though. It's great decision use IPB4 though. 

There's to new era or something 

76561198043643390.png

Posted  Edited by CheapTactic · Hidden
Hidden

I look through this thread and sweet lord what I see.

Sorry guys, I won't go into attacking Roy or anything, but I can agree with those who do attack them to some extend, it WAS lack of responsibility, just because it already happened, doesn't mean we should just shrug it off like it never happened(The same way if a leader is fucking shit and fucking shit up, you ain't gonna elect him again because of the actions he did), people had their personal information leaked, including Paypal and financial things, how is that fine?How can that be even ignored?I get paranoid, although I don't care when I just have a slight thought that someone is tracking me so I can't comprehend how people whose sensitive information leaked, their complaints are JUSTIFIED and aren't "whining".

But I guess this site can be a fresh start, I can only breath that I changed my google password instantly and google has extra security features to  basically not give anyone any choice to enter my Gmail and I don't have Paypal.

My trust was hurt too, but I would want to think that the problems were fixed.

Edited by CheapTactic

02-416x277.jpg