Roy

The Future Of GFL

Posted · Hidden by Kim, June 5, 2016 - being silly
Hidden by Kim, June 5, 2016 - being silly
3 minutes ago, Dano said:

GFL has improved its security, its staff, etc.

It's certainly not the same that has "failed" before.

On 6/4/2016 at 2:52 PM, Roy said:

We have a few theories about how it all happened and we’ve taken steps to mitigate it as best as we could.  

>Got hacked 3 times on the same day

>Still don't know how

>Improved security

ishygddt.jpg

Sometimes trying your best is still not enough.

Hidden
1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Your lack of security and piss poor management decisions lead to my confidential information being leaked to the internet. Information I trusted to your website. You have failed and then prance back in here with a half ass apology and pretend it's all going to be okay. The trust is gone dude.

May I make a suggestion to you sir?

12e02444c9.jpg

Hidden
2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Why the fuck would I take suggestions from some low level pleb in the community? The management needs to answer for this not you.

"low level pleb"

nice.

but who the fuck are you?

Hidden
On 6/4/2016 at 8:52 AM, Roy said:

Cutting Down On Servers
With GFL being rebuilt, we thought it would be best to cut down on game servers that:

1. Don’t generate much traffic.
  2. Don’t generate any donations.

So does that mean most of the Garry's Mod servers are being scrapped?

sig.jpg

Ex-GMOD Jailbreak Admin 

Ex-GMOD Jailbreak Server Manager.

Ex-Rust Admin

#MakeGMODGreatAgain

Hidden
Just now, CrusTi said:

Probably, anything that doesn't get population will get scrapped, its that simple

Not really, since it hasn't been done already. Most of those servers have had a hard time with population for a while. I'm just curious to see which ones are going. 

sig.jpg

Ex-GMOD Jailbreak Admin 

Ex-GMOD Jailbreak Server Manager.

Ex-Rust Admin

#MakeGMODGreatAgain

Hidden
8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Fresh start with the same management. You've essentially sent the same storm troopers back out again to get the Jedi after they failed the first 10 times....

This could be a decent analogy if stormtroopers weren't easily replaceable.

Your loss in trust is understandable, but your comment will not be taken seriously unless you propose a viable alternative to the current status quo.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: Wanted to add more · Hidden
Hidden
12 minutes ago, Shuruia said:

This could be a decent analogy if stormtroopers weren't easily replaceable.

Your loss in trust is understandable, but your comment will not be taken seriously unless you propose a viable alternative to the current status quo.

Ha!  That reference reminds me of how the Soviet Union / Russia sends their soldiers out for slaughter.  They just send so many that they eventually win the war... with substantial losses.  Poor souls.  Studying Russian History right now for no good reason.

I think we got a lot of the trust issue stuff out of the way.  Most of them were exposed really well, or at least their ties, when the first one dropped the bomb.  I think a new forum and system of leadership - even with the same people - will add more safety interlocks in our decision making and prevent future problems.  Upgrading the forums is a great example of this.

The downfall with these extra safety procedures is that updates and change will become slower, but it's for the greater good if we want to preserve this community.  What a bummer that people have to ruin it for us and our community.

A great way for you guys to get around this or to improve our community is for you to strive for the leadership positions too.  It seems like you have something that you want to change, or if you don't trust someone or like their decisions, then attenuate their voice using your own...  help lead our community (you don't need a leadership position just yet to fill in the role).

Edited by Joshy
Wanted to add more

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Mary · Hidden
Hidden
8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Your lack of security and piss poor management decisions lead to my confidential information being leaked to the internet. Information I trusted to your website. You have failed and then prance back in here with a half ass apology and pretend it's all going to be okay. The trust is gone dude.

iOgBxd4.gif

Being serious though, this is probably gonna end up getting locked. :¬¬:

Edited by Mary

18194929_887078058110054_671157654197429

Posted  Edited by Ghost_Assassin · Hidden
Hidden

I think most people would like to know "who" is responsible for the data breach. I don't blame Brandon for getting upset due to the data breach, especially if he was a donor.

A good website to check whether your email or account has been comprised is https://haveibeenpwned.com/ .

Edited by Ghost_Assassin

spacer.png