Roy

The Future Of GFL

The fact this is still going on is quite amusing as well as disheartening. Ill say this and leave it at that. The breach happened. YES, for gods sake they get it. They fucked up. Big time. However, bitching and complaining about their "lack of responsibility" isnt going to change that. They cant build a time machine and make a damn sequel to back to the future. If you are unhappy with the response GFL has given then leave. I dont speak for the community as I am in no position to do so. However, if you dislike the services they are offering than feel free to refrain from using them from this point on. Thats just how it is. But going on and on about their mistake isnt going to change the past and unless you have a legitimate idea of how to fix the situation than i suggest that you drop the flame war entirely as it solves absolutely nothing and serves no one any benefit except for myself because i get to watch and laugh. Thank you. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stealthysnacks said:

Good luck. We're coming for you.

Wtf is that suppose to mean?

Just now, Hannah said:

Wtf is that suppose to mean?

Get your security together and stop stealing my money/passwords.

Just now, stealthysnacks said:

Get your security together and stop stealing my money/passwords.

Still does not explain what "We're coming for you" means

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Telemetry said:

Why am I not surprised that the little girls in GFL don't get the reach of the problem *shrugemote*

Did she just-.... did she call me a-.... oh lord have mercy. 

tumblr_njw4ukdS071tyukqso1_500.gif

Just now, ComradeSteaky said:

Bloody Mary has been enraged. This oughta be good

No, I'm good. I'm good. I'm chill.

37 minutes ago, Mary said:

Did she just-.... did she call me a-.... oh lord have mercy. 

tumblr_njw4ukdS071tyukqso1_500.gif

I believe Tel was referring to me 

1 minute ago, Shuruia said:

I'd just like to repeat Roy's point about passwords. Don't be one of those mongs who use the same password for every website.

Many websites and companies besides GFL have been hit by hackers in the past. Tumblr, Twitter, Sony, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Adobe, Apple, AOL and MySpace are all examples of websites/companies that have experienced data breaches and illegal data trading. Registering an account with these service providers (including GFL, given recent events) will put your other accounts at risk if you use a common password between accounts. An unpleasant chain reaction, to be certain.

Tell 'em. 

It's completely understandable for people to have lost trust but any anger is just irrational. It's 100% your fault for using the same password on multiple sites, let alone a gaming community site. How can you trust a gaming community when the likes of Sony, Target, Spotify, etc. get leaked all the time? Shit happens,  you need to treat password security like defensive driving. The breach at worst should have only compromised your GFLClan password, not anything else.

Edited by Edge
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Shuruia said:

I'd just like to repeat Roy's point about passwords. Don't be one of those mongs who use the same password for every website.

Many websites and companies besides GFL have been hit by hackers in the past. Tumblr, Twitter, Sony, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Adobe, Apple, AOL and MySpace are all examples of websites/companies that have experienced data breaches and illegal data trading. Registering an account with these service providers (including GFL, given recent events) will put your other accounts at risk if you use a common password between accounts. An unpleasant chain reaction, to be certain.

Oh no I use the same "yourmom6969" password on all my accounts, I hope they don't take anything.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Otter said:

Oh no I use the same "yourmom6969" password on all my accounts, I hope they don't take anything.

Depending on how you guys encrypted passwords in the past, might not be a huge issue.

7 hours ago, Hannah said:

I didn't say this is a laughing matter I am just saying you are way to fucking serious. It's been dealt with let that shit go 

Unfortunately, just because we completely built a new forum from stratch does not mean the issue was dealt with. This is not like an issue with an abusing admin. We had a major security breach. Until everyone who had financial information on the forums can guarantee that their money is safe again and nothing was stolen then the issue is still here. 

However, 

7 hours ago, Telemetry said:

Why am I not surprised that the little girls in GFL don't get the reach of the problem *shrugemote*

Telemetry , I think its been stated multiple times that the staff and member understand your frustration but you are acting like a child. You come here with a bad attitude and blame the management. I would like to say that no one in a management, DL or even council has access to PayPal. With a few obvious exclusions like denros. You are blaming management for the security breach which doesn't make sense really if they didn't have the access. 

Smh 

• Like 2

Achievements

How about we all stop bitching and moaning about the breach that happened? At least the website and the servers are back. We can all communicate again. If you want to bitch and moan you could of easily not joined the forums again.

• Like 1

Yeah my personal paypal information is now public knowledge because the administration here failed even the most basic of security procedures when protecting data I trusted them with but yeah it's all cool the forums are back. Honestly this blind optimism is fucking retarded but it has come to the point that the forum admins are deleting my posts so I will end this by saying the following.

You let us down. You knew there was a security issue with certain things happening in the community you did nothing. This wasn't a hack. It wasn't a leak. You had so many people with access to your shit I highly doubt anyone stole anything from you I imagine they fucking logged in with a legitimate username and password because you were too dumb to change them after a power shift (people leaving the community over years). But you don't even know that do you, you really have no fucking idea what happend other than your users table ending up on fucking pastebin. Considering your past records with your servers this doesn't surprise me at all. Everyone talks about this great "hijack" of servers and shit when it comes down to it no one did anything they weren't allowed to do because you gave out your root, your rcon, your ftp passwords like fucking candy. You're a bunch of dumbasses and if I could go back years ago and not donate to you I would that was my mistake. Trusting you.

Edited by Brandon
  • Like 2

Just now, Brandon said:

Yeah my personal paypal information is now public knowledge because the administration here failed even the most basic of security procedures when protecting data I trusted them with but yeah it's all cool the forums are back. Honestly this blind optimism is fucking retarded but it has come to the point that the forum admins are deleting my posts so I will end this by saying the following.

You let us down. You knew there was a security issue with certain things happening in the community you did nothing. This wasn't a hack. It wasn't a leak. You had so many people with access to your shit I highly doubt anyone stole anything from you I imagine they fucking logged in with a legitimate username and password because you were too dumb to change them after a power shift (people leaving the community over years). Considering your past records with your servers this doesn't surprise me at all. Everyone talks about this great "hijack" of servers and shit when it comes down to it no one did anything they weren't allowed to do because you gave out your root, your rcon, your ftp passwords like fucking candy. You're a bunch of dumbasses and if I could go back years ago and not donate to you I would that was my mistake. Trusting you.

Im not one for insulting people. It just isnt my style. But if you are daft enough to make your information on a gaming community the same as your paypal than that was your own incompetence at work. You need to have a difficult password that should change every so often. Especially for something as vital as paypal. 

For your information they're not the same. That doesn't mean I should not expect someone to treat my personal information with the respect it deserves but again I speaking to the administration of this site not a random pleb with his head up their ass. Piss off surely they do not need you to defend them. If it's all cool and everyone should just chill surely they can come up with a decent response to this other than "lol sorry guyz".

Edited by Brandon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

For your information they're not the same. That doesn't mean I should not expect someone to treat my personal information with the respect it deserves but again I speaking to the administration of this site not a random pleb with his head up their ass. Piss off surely they do not need you to defend them. If it's all cool and everyone should just chill surely they can come up with a decent response to this other than "lol sorry guyz".

You keep saying random pleb but please explain your importance if you dont mind? And why lie and say they have given out your paypal information? it makes no sense you are trying to prove an invalid point. If you have proper pass management that the only thing that should have been at risk is your gfl account.