Cassie

[Spoilers] Thoughts on Infinity War

WARNING: Spoilers ahead!
The following contains spoilers from Avengers: Infinity War, so if you haven't seen it yet, proceed at your own risk.

General thoughts:
I liked the movie a lot. The way characters were introduced was nice. I also liked how they handled each other. Tony and Doctor Strange didn't like each other because-well, hes a man of science, and Strange is a man of magic. Thanos was an amazing villain. He saw what he was doing as right. He didn't want to destroy the universe or rule it with the power of the Infinity Stones. He wanted to deal with overpopulation, an issue we face today or will face in the near future. Thanos had a extreme approach to the problem, though. He thought killing half of the life in the Universe would make life better for everyone else. More on that later, though. I also liked the jokes in the movie, my favorite being when Tony calls Ebony Maw squidward. 
Deeper thoughts:
Thanos believed it was right to sacrifice some if you could save more. The Avengers and everyone else said no, it is better to save as many as you can. "We don't trade lives" Captain America says. This has come up before in the Avengers, A favorite youtube channel of mine, Wisecrack, has a video on the philosophy of Infinity War (+some predictions) here which I liked. It explains Utilitarian Consequentialism Vs Deontology, what this film can be explained as. Is Thanos right? Would the universe be better with half as much beings in it? Maybe physically yes, given that they would have more space, food, and water, but mentally, they would be survivors of a genocide. They would be missing friends and family. It would take generations before people were happy. Thanos is taking an extreme view to it. Maybe he should have looked more into the infinity stones. Infinite power at his fingertips, and he uses it for destruction, rather than creation. Couldn't he create worlds with them? He could be solving overpopulation by spreading people out among other planets and causing life to form on those planets. There were other ways to solve the problem, but he chose violence. And that's his flaw, failing to use the stones for what they could be.

Questions I had:

• Why did Thor not AIM FOR THE HEAD or at least the arm to get the infinity gauntlet off of Thanos?
  • Why didn't Strange EVER use the time stone to reverse anything? He could have let Thanos kill Tony then reverse time, or done a thousand other things with it?
  • Why was it Red Skull who showed up and not someone else? Surely more than just him have tried to get the stones and been unworthy or whatever it was that sent him there?
  • Why was the soul stone THERE? It was just in this random spot and never explained how it got there. Had it been there since it was created?
  • What was the point?

The last question I asked because, as amazing as this movie was, we have the next part.
Predictions:
Half the Universe dies, and I ask what the point of the movie. Why? Because, many of the people who died have more movies. There's going to be a second Spiderman movie and a Guardians of the Galaxy V3. While it is believable they could take place before the events of Infinity War, I don't think it very likely. They are going to come back to life. How? The time stone of course. Someone is going to get it and reverse time. The video above thinks it could be Thanos himself, who decides what he did was not worth it and reverses everything. I think it all is going to have been part of the plan. Strange saw one way they could win, and this is a part of it. Thanos has to win, then more stuff happens. Strange said "It was the only way" because he saw that this was the only way for them to win. But what will happen? Who will reverse time? How will they get the gauntlet? Personally, I think Tony will, just like the video says. He's the one Strange planned it to happen. How will he get it? I don't know. I find it hard to believe what Wisecrack said, that Thanos will realize that Tony is a better man and deserves the gauntlet. However, it could be right. Strange saved Tony and gave the stone up because he realized Tony needed to survive for them to win so he could convince Thanos. Maybe the point is that fighting and destruction is not the solution. Thanos tries it, and look how that turned out. He could have done other things to fix it as stated above, but he did not. So maybe the two movies are trying to teach us a lesson. Fighting is not how to solve every problem.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

I'll start by saying that this film did amazingly well with the cliffhangers. To answer your questions:

29 minutes ago, Duc2000 said:
  • Why didn't Strange EVER use the time stone to reverse anything? He could have let Thanos kill Tony then reverse time, or done a thousand other things with it?

Because Thanos already have had reality stone, meaning Strange tried to put him into Mirror Dimension during the fight scene (It was amazing, and the most Naruto fight I've seen in real action), and instead it backfired, making it possible for Thanos to start a black hole. 

31 minutes ago, Duc2000 said:
  • Why was it Red Skull who showed up and not someone else? Surely more than just him have tried to get the stones and been unworthy or whatever it was that sent him there?

In Captain America: The First Avenger, it is very likely that Red Skull physically handles the Tesseract, which opens a wormhole into space, sucking him into it, thus entering him into that planet. 

33 minutes ago, Duc2000 said:
  • Why was the soul stone THERE? It was just in this random spot and never explained how it got there. Had it been there since it was created?

Most likely. I kinda thought that it was in Wakanda, given that in Black Panther, Wakandans had their ancient traditions.

34 minutes ago, Duc2000 said:
  • What was the point?

This film? It was about Thanos. There's a second film preparing to be a sequel to Infinity War. I'll have to say though, this is the perfect way to end the film with just supervillian winning, while heroes attempt to struggle.

Although, I've noticed that Doctor Strange told Tony that this is an endgame, which he said those stuff in Age of Ultron to Nick Fury while they were in Hawkeye's safehouse, and his nightmare is coming true. It could be that Tony is planning to get revenge and undo what Thanos did, with the remaining Avengers. (hence why those characters vanished with dust. They will come back). I've also noticed that on Avengers 4 onset, there's a tiny chance that there'll be some time machine or a flashback back to 2012 film.

Tony started it all (2008, Iron Man), and there's a chance that he's going to end it all(2019 Avengers 4) as Infinity Stone storyline conclusion. 

76561198043643390.png

Posted  Edited by Viopr

Duc I believe Dr. Strange gave up the stone because he knew it was the only way they could win so when dr strange was "dying" he told Tony that it is the only way plus I cried when spider was "dying"

It was a really good movie and I cant wait till part 2 comes out next may

Edited by Viopr

Visit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

[Former] PVK Manager  Anarchy Admin 

47 minutes ago, Duc2000 said:

Why did Thor not AIM FOR THE HEAD or at least the arm to get the infinity gauntlet off of Thanos?

Thor just lost his entire planet, his brother, and his best friend that he was so filled with revenge he just aimed for the heart (which normally kills most things.)

12 minutes ago, Ben Roy said:

Most likely. I kinda thought that it was in Wakanda, given that in Black Panther, Wakandans had their ancient traditions.

I believed Mat Pat's theory that it was in the birthing pod at the end of Guardians v2 and Adam Warlock would get it. But considering his streak recently of incorrect theories, maybe I should have known better.

13 minutes ago, Ben Roy said:

Because Thanos already have had reality stone, meaning Strange tried to put him into Mirror Dimension during the fight scene (It was amazing, and the most Naruto fight I've seen in real action), and instead it backfired, making it possible for Thanos to start a black hole. 

Yeah I loved that fight scene, probably my favorite in the whole movie.

14 minutes ago, Ben Roy said:

Tony started it all (2008, Iron Man), and there's a chance that he's going to end it all(2019 Avengers 4) as Infinity Stone storyline conclusion. 

Most likely that's how it will go.
Thanks for answering my questions Ben. I loved the movie a lot and I can't wait for part 2.
It comes out March 3rd, 2019.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Achievements

just a heads up, this whole movie is going to get retconned when the second one comes out

I believe the next movie is simply going to have Thor get the gauntlet, then he is going to reverse time, kill Thanos, and then everyone will be alive and happy then hide the stones.

[Former] GMod Jailbreak Admin (Shut Down)

[Former] GMod Prop Hunt Admin (Resigned)

[Former] GMod Hns T-Admin (Resigned)

[Former] GMod Skill Surf T-Admin (Shut Down)

Violator.PNG

here_bb.PNG.0a6beee6881d8cae5efdb143016a2825.PNG

As a question for you guys, whose death was the most sad? I definitely came close to crying with Peter Parker's "I'm don't want to go". I hope he returns...

Achievements

1 hour ago, Duc2000 said:

As a question for you guys, whose death was the most sad? I definitely came close to crying with Peter Parker's "I'm don't want to go". I hope he returns...

spider-man, that scene legit got me sad

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

Posted  Edited by Viopr
1 hour ago, Duc2000 said:

Same a tear might of came out did you know Tom hallond(spider man) improvised that part

Edited by Viopr

5 hours ago, Finnick said:

I liked the end credits scene

I hated it when Star lord wouldn't help take off the gauntlet though

You do have to feel for him he did find out the love of his life just died by the hands of thanos that would make anyone do what he did

Posted  Edited by Finnick
5 hours ago, Viopr said:

You do have to feel for him he did find out the love of his life just died by the hands of thanos that would make anyone do what he did

I know that's hard to take in, but wouldn't it be more logical, even if you lost someone to try and save the universe (Trillions of lives) rather than sobbing in the moment over one person?

But I ain't him so I can't really do anything about it

Edited by Finnick

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements