beter

New Rule Alternative

This new rule is a bit silly, because you're forcing Researchers to give Class-D the first attack. I think instead of Class-D being treated like innocent virgins until they pick up a gun, you should place crowbar spawns in Class-D cells so they have a means  of defending themself. Their advantage over the Researchers in the beginning is their number. 10 Class-D with crowbars is scarier than a lone pistoleer Researcher. If  you don't like that number, change it however -- my point is that Class-D have horrible means of survival. They look forward to a CI or 035 clearing the way, though they're not guaranteed to spawn in a round or even do well. If there's nothing, then 049 is their only light. For experienced regulars, they might get by with their own strategy, but newer players are the ones complaining the most, right?

If adding 10 crowbar spawns to the Class-D spawn is too much, maybe replace some of those with medkits.

Now I imagine Duc is gonna respond to that with the explanation that Researchers would only kill to protect themselves. If that's the case, Researchers should also not be allowed to stay and fight with the MTF, because in reality, guards are highly-trained and are paid to combat SCPs -- scientists are not trained at all, and fighting is not what they do. A Researcher would escape as soon as possible because they're afraid of being messily devoured by 682 or eaten alive and whole by 096 or be dissolved and eaten by 106 or be forced into surgery by 049.

As for gameplay logic -- military-grade flashbangs and level 2 keycards already spawn inside the cells of Class-D, so crowbars and medkits might as well be added in there as well to give Class-D an edge in survival. Being forced to escape as Researcher doesn't sound fun, so please don't add that as a rule(though maybe it'd work out if escaped-Researchers were guaranteed a slot in respawning as NTF/CI -- maybe).

Posted  Edited by miike475 - Edit Reason: Typo

Actually, if the Class-D poses a threat to you in any way, you are completely justified in attacking them as a researcher. The Class-Ds have plenty of advantages to survive, a few examples would be the level 3 keycard that could spawn in 173’s chamber, Scp-914, which  basically is a free pass to a level 5 which allows a Class-D to access the rifle and pistol armory, giving them plenty of protection.   As for the “researchers shouldn’t be allowed to fight with the MTF” suggestion, that would just take away from the gameplay when playing as a researcher.

Edited by miike475
Typo

17 minutes ago, miike475 said:

As for the “researchers shouldn’t be allowed to fight with the MTF” suggestion, that would just take away from the gameplay when playing as a researcher.

That was not a real suggestion. That was my argument on why the logic that Researchers only kill to save themselves would not work.

20 minutes ago, miike475 said:

Actually, if the Class-D poses a threat to you in any way, you are completely justified in attacking them as a researcher.

I also didn't say there was anything wrong about killing in self-defense -- the problem is that Researchers are not allowed to attack until they see the Class-D pull out a gun in front of them(meaning letting the Class-D attack first).

21 minutes ago, miike475 said:

The Class-Ds have plenty of advantages to survive, a few examples would be the level 3 keycard that could spawn in 173’s chamber, Scp-914, which  basically is a free pass to a level 5 which allows a Class-D to access the rifle and pistol armory, giving them plenty of protection.

Yes, that is true that they might get to those weapons first, but before the rule was added, Researchers would sometimes storm into 914 and murder everyone in the room. 173's chamber does not always spawn a LV3, and if it does, there's a chance 173 is in there as well. That's risk-for-reward, which is good. Still, that's only one gun that goes to whoever gets in first. You'll still find the one Researcher crowbarring his way through helpless crowds of Class-D, at least until 173 or the Class-D with an SMG stops him.

1 hour ago, beter said:

Researchers should also not be allowed to stay and fight with the MTF, because in reality, guards are highly-trained and are paid to combat SCPs -- scientists are not trained at all

I hope to accomplish something like this through gameplay mechanics. (Heavily discouraging researchers from not escaping by making it harder on them to stay inside the facility during the late game)

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Well, Researchers are wimpy, pudgy lil' nerds. They're not used to getting hurt, and they probably can't even aim a gun properly. I imagine they'd have really sucky accuracy and take like 25% more damage than a trained guard or rough prison inmate. Still, people need actual incentive to escape, because escaping puts them out of the game. Like I said, I'd probably escape as a Researcher if it guarantees that I'll respawn as an NTF/CI/Omega.

A nice little idea to give further incentive would be to have your loadout carry on to when you respawn. (Example: Escaping with a medkit/NVG/pistol as a Researcher will respawn you as NTF with the same stuff.)

I think a few (like a third of them) researchers should spawn in hcz (maybe senior researchers w/ lv 3s to make it less of them the D class must face. D class should get more stuff too. It's too bad 1162 is on the other side of the gas chamber because it could really help the D class. 

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

There is one spot in front of 049's chamber where a rifle(with ammo) and medkit spawns. I usually go for that as a Researcher since few others do, but I've seen a few regulars get the same idea. Spawning ahead of the checkpoint would save time in getting to that gun, which would be unfortunate for not only the Class-D, but some of the SCPs as well such as 017, 035, 066, or 049. That depends on where these HCZ Researchers are going to spawn, though. Not only that, but those Researchers could be very annoying for the MTF, because they'll beat them to the armory in the EZ that has a pill and loads of ammo. People usually take two boxes of ammo, so there is only enough in that room for five people. MTF would probably end up leaving spawn as soon as the round starts only to find all the ammo and good guns have been taken by the Researchers. 

10 hours ago, beter said:

There is one spot in front of 049's chamber where a rifle(with ammo) and medkit spawns. I usually go for that as a Researcher since few others do, but I've seen a few regulars get the same idea. Spawning ahead of the checkpoint would save time in getting to that gun, which would be unfortunate for not only the Class-D, but some of the SCPs as well such as 017, 035, 066, or 049. That depends on where these HCZ Researchers are going to spawn, though. Not only that, but those Researchers could be very annoying for the MTF, because they'll beat them to the armory in the EZ that has a pill and loads of ammo. People usually take two boxes of ammo, so there is only enough in that room for five people. MTF would probably end up leaving spawn as soon as the round starts only to find all the ammo and good guns have been taken by the Researchers. 

Mtf already have guns though. Researchers don't. 

:shrug:

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Basically, all the researchers bother doing is killing whatever they see and escaping if it feels convenient  to them. They should honestly be entirely neutral to each other unless a situation requires violence.  Despite  what's commonly believed. Reasurchers can escape with D class, They don't need to kill them. Reasurchers should just let mtf do their jobs and focus on escape