NewNebula12

Whats happened?

chasing-tail-1.gif

Anyhoo: The Council team is new and there are more people filling in the position than usual.  I think it's too soon to make a good estimate on their projection; it'll take time and there will be a few learning experiences along the way.  Increasing the team size was a great strategy to combat some of the problems we've had, and so I have a little more confidence than usual although there is no doubt my activity and interest has decayed.

CS:GO DL role has always been a problem, but I believe this is inherent of past decisions with low tolerance for any failure- the safe thing to do here for any staff position is to try nothing and not get demoted or harassed.  Among the first prominent rounds of demotions were your two or three most loud and active members of the team, and so other people became weary of it too if they didn't want to be demoted; the precedence was set.  #rollSafe #thinkaboutit  I think we will hit a really big milestone if and when we see someone make a sensible mistake or end up on the wrong side of a risky decision, and it's tolerated well enough such that they don't end up demoted or leaving the role (likely due to harassment or a demotion in the foreseeable future).  Even when these people leave or are demoted...  we don't learn from that lesson.  We see threads just like this one and that one all the time...  there's a small spark of excitement, and then it mysteriously vanishes.  This is why I enjoy posting that gif of the cute little puppy chasing its tail.

The other issue with it is, that it's so diverse and constantly changing. There really is almost no one or two people who could cover all corners, and so we're always going to have to accept the cost or some errors of choosing individuals for the role.  There's no free lunch.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

On 5/25/2018 at 5:07 PM, Darkling said:

Not going to lie I assumed teddy and Riggs was the same person :zebra:

Welcome back anyway.

I AM NOT ROSE....I AM NOT TEDDY 

PLZ STOP

jinnd1.png

39 minutes ago, Riggs said:

I AM NOT ROSE....I AM NOT TEDDY 

PLZ STOP

wait really?

you had me fooled this whole time ffs.