-_Fx_-

My Gfl Story

Posted  Edited by -_Fx_-

I've seen a bunch of these lately so I figured I'd make one too

I finally got Gmod christmas of 2014 and wanted to play the jailbreak gamemode so I found a server called [CG] jailbreak (no longer exists i think also fuck cg) and it was a pretty good server until the admins became power hungry and ruined the server, so someone by the name of @IlluminatiTurtle who was an admin at the time on the Gfl jailbreak server brought me and a few others over from cg. It was one of the best jailbreak servers I've played. Me Illuminati @Nubz and a few others would play it all the time, but eventually I got bored of playing jailbreak so I found our TTT1 server and began playing on it constantly where I met @Frobro, we became quick friends and he put in a good word for me to @Violator and I eventually became admin. Me and violator eventually started becoming really close to the point where we decided we wanted to be together. About a year later violator became a division leader and started working on new gamemodes and @Kubnair suggested a gamemode called breach at first I thought it wasn't a good gamemode but then  I actually started playing on it and immediately started to like it so I applied to become admin and got it. I was also an admin on deathrun for a short time but due to drama turned me off to that server and yeah that's it lol.

And that's how I found gfl and a quick summery of what happened after.

:yes:

Edited by -_Fx_-

30 minutes ago, -_Fx_- said:

so someone by the name of @IlluminatiTurtle who was an admin at the time on the Gfl jailbreak server brought me and a few others over from cg

I fucking remember that. He messages me like " yo i just stole a shit ton of regulars from cg lol". Guys still cool asf too, got good music taste and sucks at cs with me. Rip 2014 gmod jb 

Image result for roo emotes

Achievements

1 hour ago, -_Fx_- said:

I finally got Gmod christmas of 2014 and wanted to play the jailbreak gamemode so I found a server called [CG] jailbreak (no longer exists i think also fuck cg) and it was a pretty good server until the admins became power hungry and ruined the server, so someone by the name of @IlluminatiTurtle who was an admin at the time on the Gfl jailbreak server brought me and a few others over from cg. It was one of the best jailbreak servers I've played. Me Illuminati @Nubz and a few others would play it all the time, but eventually I got bored of playing jailbreak so I found our TTT1 server and began playing on it constantly where I met @Frobro, we became quick friends and he put in a good word for me to @Violator and I eventually became admin. Me and violator eventually started becoming really close to the point where we decided we wanted to be together. About a year later violator became a division leader and started working on new gamemodes and @Kubnair suggested a gamemode called breach at first I thought it wasn't a good gamemode but then  I actually started playing on it and immediately started to like it so I applied to become admin and got it. I was also an admin on deathrun for a short time but due to drama turned me off to that server and yeah that's it lol.

Nice story 

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Thanks for sharing your story.  I think you point out something really valuable: Lessons learned from another community; a lesson we do not and should not have to learn on our own by repeating their mistake.  Power hungry admins can really damage a community, and so I would hope we worked on our culture, the ability to adapt, and our tolerances.  I feel like we're really lagging on this and anyone who brings up issues regarding bans have been unfairly doomed with their leadership roles.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

On 5/27/2018 at 3:43 PM, -_Fx_- said:

buddy ur k8 2.0 haha 

┍━━—━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

spacer.png

┕━━—━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙