Darkling

Battle of the Communities- CSGO

csgoctentry.jpg

Battle of the Communities V

This tournament is being hosted by EdgeGamers. We are extremely excited to take part in this tournament and hope that you'll all be there to cheer on our team, and support the clan! The tournament will be played on June 23rd and 24th. This time around we will be playing, not for prizes, but for charity!

That's right, we'll be picking a charity as a community that we want to donate to. Which ever community is the winner, decides which charity all the prize money will go to! 

Bracket: https://challonge.com/BOTCV 

Date: June 23rd and June 24th

Time: TBC

Twitch: TBC

Server Location: NA (TBC where)

Team will consist of 5 players and 4 subs. I'll be approaching some people to take part in this tournament as we aren't limited based on time in GFL.

If you would like to join the team then please post below with the following format

Steam name:

Steam ID

CSGO/ESEA/Faceit Rank:

Charity you want GFL to support:

Preferred position:

If you would just like to help decide which charity we would like to donate to then just post them below as well. They must be a registered charity.

Communities
EdgeGamers
Hellsgamers
Allied Gaming
Renegade Army
TangoWorldWide
GFL Clan
HyperFall Gaming

Rules

EdgeGamers (eGO) Tournament Staff has the final word on all rules and interpretation issues.

These rules are intended to ensure a positive gaming experience for the EdgeGamers community through the facilitation of spirited competitive play, while retaining respect for fellow players. Where the "letter of the law" may be wrong, eGO Tournament Staff retains the right to uphold the "spirit of the law".

Rules - Short Version

1. A team will consist of up to nine players.
2. If a team is not able to attend, they will lose by default.
3. If a team is not able to complete a match, they will lose by default.
4. No substitutes will be allowed once the match starts.
5. Each team is allowed a single time out per match.
6. Any disconnects during a round will be considered a death for that player.
7. Matches will be played on the eGO CS:GO Event Server with eGO Tournament Staff to moderate.
8. The tournament will be a double elimination setup.
9. The first team to win 16 rounds will be the winner.
10. Players with a previous VAC ban on any account within the past 365 days or have less than 25 hours recorded on CS:GO will not be allowed to enter.
11. VAC bans received at any point during the tournament, regardless of the game, will be considered an automatic disqualification.
12. Players will record demos of all their matches and be willing to submit them for review upon request.
13. Cheating of any kind will result in the team's removal from this and possibly future tournaments.
14. All GFL rules apply.

Rules-Long version 

Section 1: Eligibility
1.1 Eligibility Conditions
The following are required for all participants:

- You must have no bans for cheating through VAC within the past 365 days.
- You must have no current bans on the EdgeGamers servers.

Section 2: Tournament Conduct
2.1 Alignment of Rules
All eGO rules and guidelines are in effect for the duration of the event. These include, but are not limited to, conduct, behavior, language, respect, and maturity.

All participants are expected to conduct themselves with the highest standard of sportsmanship and respect their teammates and their competitors for the duration of the event.

2.2 Team Communications
Teams are allowed to communicate with each other via text chat so long as the communicate is appropriate and respectful.

If there is a need to communicate with a referee, please ask the question in staff chat. The referee will then decide upon the appropriate course of action. Staff chat can be accessed by using the % in team chat followed by your message.

2.2.1 In-Game Voice
At all times: Voice chat will be limited to team communication. If necessary, the referees will communicate vocally to both teams.

2.2.2 Admin Chat
Players who do have the ability to use admin chat should refrain from doing so. Admin chat will be used only by referees if necessary.

2.2.3 Questions/Communications to Referee
During game play: The match referee holds the right to ignore and decline to answer any questions regarding rules interpretation, referee decisions, and questions which are answered elsewhere.

During non-game play: The match referee may answer any and all questions if they so choose.

Section 3: Exploitation
3.0 Use of Models
Players must use:
- Default player models
- Default point-of-view ("POV")
- Default sounds

3.1 Use of Sprites
Only default sprites may be used.

3.2 CVARs
Client Variables (CVARs), or any other client side settings or applications that would yield an unfair advantage in match play are not allowed. These CVARs include, but are not limited to: any commands that alter weather; alter the effectiveness of smoke/fragmentation grenades; remove or lessen ambient sounds; modify textures to an extent that would yield an unfair advantage; modify lighting to an extent that would yield an unfair advantage; make any solid object or surface see-through or invisible; modify hitboxes and/or player movement in an unfair way. Interpretation of the legality of CVARs is left to the discretion of eGO Tournament Staff.

3.3 Map/Game Manipulation

3.3.1 Map Exploits
Any form of exploiting the map or the use of map bugs to kill or harm opponents is illegal. This includes boosting exploits, movement exploits, and any other form of exploitation.

3.3.2 Keyboard/Mouse Binds
Players are prohibited from binding any action in conjunction with +attack.
Players may not bind "+attack" to "mwheelup" or "mwheeldown" to accelerate shooting weapons faster than they are intended to be.
Players may not use any kind of macro to allow the shooting of weapons faster. This applies to any keyboard/mouse or even a program that allows you to setup a macro to do so.

3.3.3 CVAR Exploits
A client or server variable that allows for or forces an object to be translucent or invisible is illegal.

3.3.4 Sound Exploits
The toggling/changing of any sound cvar during a match is illegal.

3.4 Right To Examine
All clients connecting to the eGO Event Server explicitly permit the use of anti-cheat detection applications.

Clients connected to the eGO Event Server grant eGO the right to use any application, at its discretion, to examine client CS:GO configurations.

Section 4: Server Configuration
4.1 Pure Server
The server shall be set to use the setting of sv_pure 2.
All non-standard client/user content shall be ignored.

4.2 Server Malfunction or Configuration Error
If an error causes the server to malfunction or otherwise cause the match to be unplayable:

In the first five rounds of play: The match will be restarted.

After the first five rounds of play: The match will be suspended and can be restarted at the discretion of eGO Tournament Staff. If the match is decided to not be restarted, the game will continue at the score marker prior to the server malfunction.

4.3 Match Configuration
The server will be running an ESEA specific match config. The match will have a time limit set at 1:55 per round. The in-game server administrators will be responsible for running the configs.

4.4 Game Recording
The game will be spectated and recorded by an official eGO Tournament Staff member. All players will also be required to record a demo of their game play. Players should start recording demos prior to the beginning of the match. Players should stop recording when instructed to by a referee. Demos must be held for 48 hours after the match ends.

Section 5: Tournament Time & Date
5.1 Time/Date
The scheduled time/date may not be modified. All teams are expected to show up and be ready to play at any time during the tournament day. If a team is unable to make it, the match will count as a loss for the team that did not attend. All times listed in the tournament schedule are subject to change.

Section 6: Location
6.1 Location of Tournament
The Tournament will be held on the eGO CS:GO Event server. If the server is not available due to technical or other issues, the match will be postponed and rescheduled until such time that the server becomes available again.

6.2 Pre-Match
Those who want to participate in the tournament will need to be in the designated server no later than 15 minutes prior to their match time.

6.3 Server Connection
Upon receiving the server password, all players shall have 5 minutes to connect and log onto the given CS:GO eGO server.

6.4 Match Start
Deathmatch will initially be enabled, followed by the game restarting and the scores will begin recording.

Section 7: Tournament Setup
7.1 Matches
Tournament will be set up with a double elimination format. The winner of each match will move on in the Winners Bracket. The other will be moved to the Losers Bracket. A loss in the Losers Bracket will result in the elimination from the tournament. Matches will continue until only 2 teams remain. Players should be attempting to complete objectives at all times. Referees will advise you of your actions if you do not adhere to this style of play.

7.2 Winner Bracket Finals
The winner bracket finals will be a best of 3 match. The first team to win 2 maps will move into the Grand Finals. The losing team will be moved to the Loser Bracket Finals.

7.3 Loser Bracket Finals
The loser bracket finals will be a best of 3 match. The first team to win 2 maps will move into the Grand Finals.

7.4 Grand Finals
Finals will consist of the final two teams. The Grand Finals match will be a best of 5 match. The team emerging from the winners bracket will start with a 1 map advantage. The first team to win 3 maps will be designated the winner.

Section 8: Disputes
8.1 - Disputes
Any disputes regarding game play, exploits, cheating or tactics must be submitted to one of the Tournament Staff members via private message on the edge-gamers.com forums with proof of the occurrence and a detailed description including the associated times. Disputes must be filed within 48 hours of the end of the match. If a player is unsure if something would be considered an exploit or would like more information about who to file a dispute with, they should contact an eGO Tournament Staff member.

8.2 – Sportsmanship
All registrants are required to display the highest standards of conduct and observe common sportsmanship during matches. Name calling, taunting, complaining, swearing, cheating, and temper tantrums will not be tolerated and may result in the disqualification of offending player(s).

8.3 - Penalties
Penalties are broken into two categories, technical penalties and penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct. A technical penalty occurs when the procedures for participating in a match outlined in any previous section are not followed.

First violation: A warning to the participants.
Second violation: The participants will forfeit one round to the opposing team
Third violation: The participants will be removed from the tournament.

Note that these penalties can be increased at any point in time based on the discretion of tournament staff. You may also be suspended for actions that are not covered above. Ultimately, suspension length rests at the discretion of tournament staff and are subject to change at any time.

All penalties will be reviewed to ensure fairness across the tournament by match referees and tournament staff.

CS Leadership reserves the right to disqualify anyone at anytime. The tournament rules are subject to change at any time. If any changes to the rules occur, participants will be notified through the forum on the EdgeGamers website, through private message, email, or through the team's local community staff.

Achievements

I'm currently confirming a few details such as the server location in NA. For the prize, every community has ring fenced $100 of which we will be donating to the winning charity.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by rapperdan

wait a second I'm not banned yay I'm gonna be a big help now :D

Steam name: Dan Rappold | GFL | AMD

Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:28395200

CSGO/ESEA/Faceit Rank: GNM / my face it account that I mostly just goof off on https://www.faceit.com/en/players/rapperdan it's rank 2 btw

Charity you want GFL to support: https://www.autismspeaks.org/:)

Preferred position: it does not matter I tend to adjust based off my team :L

also I'd like to know if we are only allowed one team or can we have more then one like say if I can get like 20 people to sign up will it be worth there time?

@Darkling said over voice it will only be one team in case others wish to know and for documenting this for later.

I like data <3

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

Posted  Edited by canman1151

Steam IDSTEAM_1:0:210718288

CSGO/ESEA/Faceit Rank: MG/GN 1 on alt account which will be used during tournament 

Charity you want GFL to support: Breast Cancer Research Foundation
Preferred position: Primary Awp/Lurker

Edited by canman1151

7 minutes ago, canman1151 said:

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:210718288

CSGO/ESEA/Faceit Rank: MG

Charity you want GFL to support: Breast Cancer Research Foundation
Preferred position: Primary Awp/Lurker

could you possibly correct where it says MG?

8RWYpZKZToCCcMQgLhijDQ.png other then your steam id which would be STEAM_1:0:210718288 in csgo great format :thumbsup:

:D

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

Posted  Edited by CrusTi

I'm not registering but I am recommending a Charity to donate to if we win. I am a big fan of Extra Life. They are a charity that relys on gamers. Slogan is "Play Games, Heal Kids". They are registered and are very involved with Twitch and Humble Bundle based charities.

Edited by CrusTi

Steam name: [GFL] Worgee

Steam IDSTEAM_1:1:13742447

CSGO/ESEA/Faceit Rank: CS:GO rank - Main acc is GNM, My alt (not smurf) is unranked with LE/LEM.

Charity you want GFL to support: What @CrusTi suggested :) 

Preferred position: Main/off-AWP, Entry, Bait.

Nerd

Achievements

Steam name: Mamoru

Steam ID STEAM_1:0:64864484

CSGO/ESEA/Faceit Rank: Mg2

Charity you want GFL to support: multiple sclerosis (note: its not cuz idc about cancer or anything else, i got this sickness my self)

Preferred position: IGL/awper/entery

former Head admin and Manager - CS:GO 1v1

momomo.gif

Achievements

• 2 weeks later...
Posted  Edited by Twin

So far we only have a team of five and we reaaallly need those subs guys. Invite more players please. I'd hate for us to miss out just because someone decided not to be available or because we don't have enough players come game-day.

Also, why are you guys using your alts to compete?? There is no reason for it. I also recommend reading the extended rules section if you have yet to do so.

Edited by Twin

Achievements

Steam ID [STEAM_0:1:288374674]

CSGO/ESEA/Faceit Rank:  MGE (Previously SMFC/GE whether is matters or not)/ A- / Lvl 7
https://play.esea.net/users/1059498
https://www.faceit.com/en/players/VindicatedFa

Charity you want GFL to support: Whatever the majority votes on tbh

Preferred position: AWP/ Secondary AWP/Lurk/Support/Rifler

I don't MM much or play csgo besides the 1v1 server anymore but if needed I can be there for the tourny

Achievements

Currently the team sits at this.

Players:

@Vfallen

@Twin

@Mamoru

@Worgee

@TomRiddle

Subs:

@canman1151

@Darkling

@rapperdan

@Pyros

Our charity is currently either- Autism speaks or Extra Life (Children's Miracle Network Hospitals) I will do a quick @here in discord to get votes for which one we should take. Could anyone currently playing confirm with me that you can play. Cheers guys!

Achievements

18 minutes ago, Darkling said:

Currently the team sits at this.

Players:

@Vfallen

@Twin

@Mamoru

@Worgee

@TomRiddle

Subs:

@canman1151

@Darkling

@rapperdan

@Pyros

Our charity is currently either- Autism speaks or Extra Life (Children's Miracle Network Hospitals) I will do a quick @here in discord to get votes for which one we should take. Could anyone currently playing confirm with me that you can play. Cheers guys!

a vote for autism is a vote for fB9VUna.png.28bf384894ed304eb9a57336867c8249.pnghelp spread the genius gene today with a vote for autism.

if mercury can't do it no one can. #GoTeamMercury

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

2 minutes ago, Worgee said:

that makes me want to not play in case that's the chosen donation

Don't worry we have subs get the subs guys, straight outta jersey bro save-on-your-next-meal-deal-at-jersey-mi

Achievements

2 hours ago, Worgee said:

that makes me want to not play in case that's the chosen donation

I'll be changing mine to Extra life. I've actually been thinking a lot about which charitable cause relates to me the most, and I'm certainly happy with it. BUT... All I'm saying is that if someone promised me a lollipop and he told me I'd get grape instead of the strawberry I asked for, i wouldn't drop out. This is a charity, and not an, "I don't get what I want so I'm leaving." I hope to see you come game day.

Achievements

6 minutes ago, Worgee said:

I'm comming game day... I think the meaning of my comment went over your head lmao

I think it's settled then if Mercury can't do it no one can #GoTeamMercury get the genius gene today go get vaccinated kids.

1IPwVCOwQ_Sdi4SAsFAhGQ.png

and don't forget the preservative yea go mercury.

Achievements

3 hours ago, Worgee said:

I'm comming game day... I think the meaning of my comment went over your head lmao

Definitely a possibility.

Achievements

• Akris unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Akris locked this topic