im not inactive you are

Short Break - Personal Problems

Not a goodbye, not a resignation.

Some have noticed my absence the past couple of days, and I will be absent a bit longer. Currently I'm living in a country that's been in civil unrest for about one month, in which about 100 people have died, 800 injured, and 500 detained. The country isn't in any way normal at the moment, and I'm trying my hardest to live as normal as I can, even found a freelance job online. I've also started playing league, but I've been put in LPQ again due to leaving, since I can't really be on the computer because I'm trying to enjoy living here as much as I can, before I leave on Sunday. I have a plane ticket to leave on Sunday, and have been enjoying the country as long as I can before then. Yesterday was Mother's Day (in this country), and there was a huge march/protest that took place along one of the major highways in the capital city, and near the end there had already been 2 attacks on the protesters. One of which a son who was peacefully protesting next to his mother died, on Mother's Day. Due to this civil unrest the OAS (Organization of American States) and UNHRC (United Nation Human Rights Council) got involved, has put lots of pressure on the Dictator, who spoke yesterday about not wanting to leave office. Anyways, the country does need help, and someone created this petition yesterday after the attacks on the people, and well it's got like 7200 signatures, and would be great if GFL people could sign and share it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Anyways this below is just a petition to the US White House, I'm not seeking monetary donations, just a signature (click the link to find out how).

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/sanction-daniel-ortega-under-magnitsky-act

Anyways here are the sources to confirm what I said is true (all of these are for the march YESTERDAY, people have been marching/protesting for a month now):

https://www.google.com.ni/search?q=nicaragua+protests+2018&oq=nicaragua+protests+2018&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.3092j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/31/nicaragua-peace-talks-daniel-ortega-abandoned-mothers-day-protest

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/nicaragua-march-ends-in-shooting-amid-calls-for-early-vote/2018/05/30/ea2d9c18-6471-11e8-81ca-bb14593acaa6_story.html?noredirect=on

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2018-05-30/nicaragua-march-ends-in-shooting-amid-calls-for-early-vote

Anyways, due to this, and my family going through economic problems due to the issue, I will not be as active for the rest of this week (and until my family feels as if we are safe).

And no, I am not resigning my positions, I will be back on them ASAP, just don't want to seem like I'm inactive on GFL for a petty reason.

Thanks for your understanding,

TheSadBandit

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

I normally don't sign these petitions, but since I saw a bit more of info I decided "why not?".

Anyway, good luck with your problems and your country in general.

Cheers!

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

Posted  Edited by rapperdan

take care dude and best of luck I'll never forget the joy you brought me when you made that VIP channel in ts3 good times and best of luck, take care fam.

wS7oAxt-QTeqm65lRFftPQ.png

<3

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

2 minutes ago, Pyros said:

I normally don't sign these petitions, but since I saw a bit more of info I decided "why not?".

Anyway, good luck with your problems and your country in general.

Cheers!

Thanks bud!

Hope everything's well in Brazil

13 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

take care dude and best of luck I'll never forget the joy you brought me when you made that VIP channel in ts3 good times and best of luck, take care fam.

wS7oAxt-QTeqm65lRFftPQ.png

<3

thanks bud, ill probably get vip when i come back and re-create that ts3 channel

5 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

thanks bud, ill probably get vip when i come back and re-create that ts3 channel

sounds dope best of luck lmao

Achievements

Posted  Edited by CeeJay_The_Weeb_Panda - Edit Reason: Minor edits
4 minutes ago, Franchize said:

Just trying to get some clarifcation. You're leaving the states?

@Franchize, I don't think he's leaving the US as he has said that Mother's Day was yesterday (May 30th in the USA) which it is not in the USA. But who knows? :shrug:

Edited by CeeJay_The_Weeb_Panda
Minor edits

27 minutes ago, Franchize said:

Just trying to get some clarifcation. You're leaving the states?

24 minutes ago, CeeJay_The_Weeb_Panda said:

@Franchize, I don't think he's leaving the US as he has said that Mother's Day was yesterday (May 30th in the USA) which it is not in the USA. But who knows? :shrug:

Ceejay basically answered it. So a little backstory on me & a little on the situation (I got carried away sorry):

I'm a US Citizen who was living abroad in a country called Nicaragua, lived there my whole life, and I'm a dual citizen (I have both a Nicaraguan and US Passport, as well as both Nicaraguan and US ID). For the past 11 years or so, the country has been run by a President (Dictator really), and he's kept the people at ease, and has kept the peace within the country. This year, specifically in April, he did some changes to a tax, raised them, and raised the amount of money retired folk has to pay for meds by 5%, which in a 3rd world country like this one, is a lot of their money. So protests started, and they were met with police brutality, and governmental thugs, and these protests in the past would cease to exist, but something amplified the protests, and the people have been protesting for over a month now. Initially, police were shooting tear gas, and when that didn't work, they shot people with rubber bullets (at the feet, like it's supposed to), when that didn't work, they escalated things to shooting at people from the waist up with rubber bullets (hurt like a bitch, and can kill), so some people died, and people started protesting about the police brutality, and every time they were met by either gov't gangs, or by police. In some cities the police started burning down buildings, and shooting at the protesters with real bullets, and 2 weeks ago, the President met with the protesters in a civil conference, and the 2 times they tried having a conference, the President had to leave early because he doesn't want to leave power, and the only solution to stop the protests is if he leaves power (it's what the protesters demand). So yesterday, he basically gave a speech, (while the protesters were out protesting with their mothers, and for the mothers of those who have lost people because of police brutality) and the police attacked them in 3 different locations, and so did the gov't affiliated gangs. I didn't personally attend any of the protests, because of my dual citizenship, and I could be targeted by police. Police have also been arresting people and torturing them, and dumping the bodies in a place where the past dictator would dump bodies. 

On 5/31/2018 at 6:02 PM, TheSadBandit said:

Ceejay basically answered it. So a little backstory on me & a little on the situation (I got carried away sorry):

I'm a US Citizen who was living abroad in a country called Nicaragua, lived there my whole life, and I'm a dual citizen (I have both a Nicaraguan and US Passport, as well as both Nicaraguan and US ID). For the past 11 years or so, the country has been run by a President (Dictator really), and he's kept the people at ease, and has kept the peace within the country. This year, specifically in April, he did some changes to a tax, raised them, and raised the amount of money retired folk has to pay for meds by 5%, which in a 3rd world country like this one, is a lot of their money. So protests started, and they were met with police brutality, and governmental thugs, and these protests in the past would cease to exist, but something amplified the protests, and the people have been protesting for over a month now. Initially, police were shooting tear gas, and when that didn't work, they shot people with rubber bullets (at the feet, like it's supposed to), when that didn't work, they escalated things to shooting at people from the waist up with rubber bullets (hurt like a bitch, and can kill), so some people died, and people started protesting about the police brutality, and every time they were met by either gov't gangs, or by police. In some cities the police started burning down buildings, and shooting at the protesters with real bullets, and 2 weeks ago, the President met with the protesters in a civil conference, and the 2 times they tried having a conference, the President had to leave early because he doesn't want to leave power, and the only solution to stop the protests is if he leaves power (it's what the protesters demand). So yesterday, he basically gave a speech, (while the protesters were out protesting with their mothers, and for the mothers of those who have lost people because of police brutality) and the police attacked them in 3 different locations, and so did the gov't affiliated gangs. I didn't personally attend any of the protests, because of my dual citizenship, and I could be targeted by police. Police have also been arresting people and torturing them, and dumping the bodies in a place where the past dictator would dump bodies.

Damn, I thought I was going through a lot. Truthfully, I didn't think you were going through something THAT bad. Bless you, my dude hope you are safe!