Before commenting, learn the definition of impeachment. IMPEACHMENT DOES NOT MEAN TO KICK OUT THE PRESIDENT! LEARN THE MEANING BEHIND IT! The definition of impeachment according to Google is a charge of misconduct made against the holder of a public office. 

jitticus

7 minutes ago, TheJitFace said:

Before commenting, learn the definition of impeachment. IMPEACHMENT DOES NOT MEAN TO KICK OUT THE PRESIDENT! LEARN THE MEANING BEHIND IT! The definition of impeachment according to Google is a charge of misconduct made against the holder of a public office. 

yah here is the whole definition if you want :L

8SeIybDxT16sQpDJAeJyNg.png

Achievements

2 hours ago, TheSadBandit said:

I personally don't agree that the government should be spending as much money as it does "fixing" the environment, somewhere on this post I made a comment about Mt. Vesuvius and the impact it had on Pompeii, and the world. I'll just simply summarize it here, the volcano erupted and created more pollution that the entirety of the Industrial era (the most polluting era of the world), and that all went up into our atmosphere. That volcano erupted on Pompeii in 74AD, over 1900 years ago.

Why is the industrial era the most polluted? We are far beyond that, production wise, producing way more than we produced then.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Posted  Edited by rapperdan
3 minutes ago, Duc2000 said:

Why is the industrial era the most polluted? We are far beyond that, production wise, producing way more than we produced then.

we ran on coal you know the thing we gotta bring back to become less productive.

I never really understood it either but hey they took er jebs right? :shrug:

Also if something pollutes the air do we pollute less or pollute more not sure guys.

I personally feel less stuff dying around us is better please correct me if I'm wrong as I might be mistaken we need more bad air where stuff can't breath right?

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit
39 minutes ago, Duc2000 said:

Because in the Industrial Era everything ran on coal/fossil fuels, all the disposal went into the bodies of water (the Great Lakes of the US were health hazards), and ever, just read up more on it here if you're interested.

Edited by TheSadBandit

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

2 hours ago, TheSadBandit said:

Because in the Industrial Era everything ran on coal/fossil fuels, all the disposal went into the bodies of water (the Great Lakes of the US were health hazards), and ever, just read up more on it here if you're interested.

yah we once dumped gasoline into the atlantic ocean like mad crazy has it ever recovered? but yah gasoline was once considered as too hazardous of a product to even think about using so look at the scales here we dumped all of what was this over 40 percent into the ocean Usesofpetroleum.png with every cycle of processing petroleum that we made.

I still think to myself why does the pacific ocean not look so bad then I think about it and we touched the atlantic one more in dirty ways we could never do in such a scale or even would attempt to do to the pacific ocean.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

4 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

yah we once dumped gasoline into the atlantic ocean like mad crazy has it ever recovered? but yah gasoline was once considered as too hazardous of a product to even think about using so look at the scales here we dumped all of what was this over 40 percent into the ocean Usesofpetroleum.png with every cycle of processing petroleum the we made.

I still think to myself why does the pacific ocean not look so bad then I think about it and we touched the atlantic one more in dirty ways we could never do in such a scale or even would attempt to do to the pacific ocean.

Actually the reason is because of the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, I learned about this in a Marine Bio class I took. Due to the water currents in the Pacific, any trash that makes it into the ocean actually makes it into this garbage patch, which in 2016 or so it was the size of 3x France. https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/23/world/plastic-great-pacific-garbage-patch-intl/index.html

7 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

Actually the reason is because of the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, I learned about this in a Marine Bio class I took. Due to the water currents in the Pacific, any trash that makes it into the ocean actually makes it into this garbage patch, which in 2016 or so it was the size of 3x France. https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/23/world/plastic-great-pacific-garbage-patch-intl/index.html

yah I learned of the dead zones over there it's a terrible thought that fish may be swimming then just die of a lack of oxgyen :shrug:

I studied a decent amount aswell pretty interesting stuff though if anyone wants to know about dead zones here you go :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_zone_(ecology)

can we check this down as another thing we both agree on @TheSadBandit pollution = bad right? correct me if I'm wrong but clean air is greater then dirty air right?

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Spode
14 hours ago, rapperdan said:

you guys remember the irish?

I'm so pissed they never even considered to join our culture of the americas.

after all look at these apes.

saint-pattys-day.png

It is funny, my family were Irish immigrants. My great great grandfather came over by boat in the late 1800's at sixteen, and with nothing. Legally btw. Irish had it tough since the americans hated them. But he assimilated and worked his ass off, and got to where I was. The mexicans have it easy, but chose to not pay taxes, and beg for healthcare and handouts. The beauty of capitalism is the harder you try, the more you get. Also the Irish bois don't give a damn about being offended. I'll say alot of Irish did not assimilate, and I wouldv'e kicked them out, so the message is to just work hard people. ok-hand-sign_1f44c.png.b26c5a665c2d9ad0efeb20111e74ee25.png

Edited by Spode

1 minute ago, Spode said:

It is funny, my family were Irish immigrants. My great great grandfather came over by boat in the late 1800's at sixteen, and with nothing. Legally btw. Irish had it tough since the americans hated them. But he assimilated and worked his ass off, and got to where I was. The mexicans have it easy, but chose to not pay taxes, and beg for healthcare and handouts. They beauty of capitalism is the harder you try, the more you get. Also the Irish bois don't give a damn about being offended. I'll say alot of Irish did not assimilate, and I wouldv'e kicked them out, so the message is to just work hard people. ok-hand-sign_1f44c.png.b26c5a665c2d9ad0efeb20111e74ee25.png

you can't work hard without a chance to be able to do so...

your reasoning is flawed here buddy fyi dehumanizing people does not work was the message I was trying to get across fyi I am from irish german and polish descent if you wish to know my heritage.

Achievements

1 hour ago, TheSadBandit said:

because the things we use now are so much better. Gasoline is a fossil fuel as well, so obviously we are still using those.

Achievements

1 hour ago, rapperdan said:

you can't work hard without a chance to be able to do so...

your reasoning is flawed here buddy fyi dehumanizing people does not work was the message I was trying to get across fyi I am from irish german and polish descent if you wish to know my heritage.

They lost their chance by coming illegally first of all, but half the people in America gives them the chance. It sucks for the kids though, they should be the only ones to stay here. Maybe get a good family to raise them, that is giving a chance. But the big bois that come here just leech off of everyone elses tax dollars are not welcome.

1 hour ago, Duc2000 said:

because the things we use now are so much better. Gasoline is a fossil fuel as well, so obviously we are still using those.

We still use gasoline, yes, but every big factory that produced anything ran on coal. Factories in the 40s-50s were very popular too, as well as the wrongful disposal of toxins. They used to use the Great Lakes of the US as a dump zone, anything that was deemed toxic or garbage was thrown in rivers and lakes because they weren't thinking about the environment, they were thinking about money. Since then, the US (I can't speak for the rest of the world, because idk their laws) has created laws that protect the environment, and fine people a lot of money for wrongfully disposing of something. If a big company disposes of their wastes in a lake or something, they would get fined a hefty amount for it. That's why I said the Industrial Era (or Industrial Revolution, same thing), because it was the time when America polluted the most.

1 minute ago, TheSadBandit said:

We still use gasoline, yes, but every big factory that produced anything ran on coal. Factories in the 40s-50s were very popular too, as well as the wrongful disposal of toxins. They used to use the Great Lakes of the US as a dump zone, anything that was deemed toxic or garbage was thrown in rivers and lakes because they weren't thinking about the environment, they were thinking about money. Since then, the US (I can't speak for the rest of the world, because idk their laws) has created laws that protect the environment, and fine people a lot of money for wrongfully disposing of something. If a big company disposes of their wastes in a lake or something, they would get fined a hefty amount for it. That's why I said the Industrial Era (or Industrial Revolution, same thing), because it was the time when America polluted the most.

And trump wants to remove these laws because global warming is a Chinese hoax. (he wants to make more money/make rich people more money)

Achievements

1 minute ago, Duc2000 said:

And trump wants to remove these laws because global warming is a Chinese hoax. (he wants to make more money/make rich people more money)

I think we are slowly but surely turning him I am not sure how but we seem to be getting through to him I mean I got him to agree with me and I think atleast I would say a few others slightly leaning to the right. join us @TheSadBandit did we convince you yet?

after all the grass is greener over here due to it having better air and boi is this planet nice tbh I don't see mars as a very viable solution but first we need to drain this damn swamp that became a swamp with a few mating calls of this man.

d4c38553682a73ca58fd8f291249bb84.jpg

Achievements

I like the discussions. It very civil, and uses logic than emotion.  Keep it up people. 

Steven Crowder would be like, "look at these nerds, Tame De Cosuta, XD" 

Just now, Duc2000 said:

Global warming has nothing to do with pollution (at least it's not scientifically proven), the fact is, in the 70s scientists were saying the Earth was going to freeze because of global cooling, then in the early 90s they changed their ideology to the Earth was warming up and the polar ice caps were melting, and the Earth would flood. Now the scientists changed their opinion just yet again to climate change, which is normal for Earth, as you can see in this image, Earth has been warming up since the Ice Age, it's just a normal process, and there really hasn't been a change in the climate that has caused deterioration of the Ozone layer either. The "hole" that scientists saw in 2012, that they said would end the world, not only shrinks and grows because of it's natural process, but it's remained unchanged (other than the fact that it grows and shrinks on it's own) since it was discovered. How many times have the scientists said the world is going to end? It's always wrong, the world isn't ending in 2012, it's not ending in 2022, or whenever the new date is. The fact that the scientists don't have a grasp of environmental problems such as "global warming" in all the years they've been funded (since 1970 when Nixon signed an executive order), it's been 48 years, and they're still unsure about the effects of global warming. That program doesn't need to be funded as it's just wasting money that could go elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, Spode said:

I like the discussions. It very civil, and uses logic than emotion.  Keep it up people. 

Steven Crowder would be like, "look at these nerds, Tame De Cosuta, XD" 

Lmao nah I think he'd be civil, like he is in his "change my mind"s, the one you might be thinking about is Gavin Mcinnes though, that dude would be up these people's asses LOL

4 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

Global warming has nothing to do with pollution (at least it's not scientifically proven), the fact is, in the 70s scientists were saying the Earth was going to freeze because of global cooling, then in the early 90s they changed their ideology to the Earth was warming up and the polar ice caps were melting, and the Earth would flood. Now the scientists changed their opinion just yet again to climate change, which is normal for Earth, as you can see in this image, Earth has been warming up since the Ice Age, it's just a normal process, and there really hasn't been a change in the climate that has caused deterioration of the Ozone layer either. The "hole" that scientists saw in 2012, that they said would end the world, not only shrinks and grows because of it's natural process, but it's remained unchanged (other than the fact that it grows and shrinks on it's own) since it was discovered. How many times have the scientists said the world is going to end? It's always wrong, the world isn't ending in 2012, it's not ending in 2022, or whenever the new date is. The fact that the scientists don't have a grasp of environmental problems such as "global warming" in all the years they've been funded (since 1970 when Nixon signed an executive order), it's been 48 years, and they're still unsure about the effects of global warming. That program doesn't need to be funded as it's just wasting money that could go elsewhere. 

The change in climate had nothing to do with the hole in the ozone layer, that was caused by CFCs (chlorofluorocarbons) that were used in products until they were banned.

Achievements