SuperSpace

Muting

Posted  Edited by SuperSpace

Hey, I was muted because my mic was to loud, the admin said that I was "screaming", well I was talking normally. The issue with what happened is that he didn't give a reason as to why I was muted, I had to ask 4 times to finally get his answer, it should honestly be mandatory to give a reason as to why you were muted, if I hadn't asked or he just didn't bother to look at chat to answer me, then I would've continued to talk after the 10 minutes with my mic being loud and having no idea, and I would likely end up getting muted again. 

Not angry at the admin who did this, notice how I didn't list their name, I just think things should be clearer when someone is muted.

Edited by SuperSpace

When someone is muted, they are muted for either an annoying fucking mic or mic spam - in 99% of cases it's abundantly obvious as to why someone was muted

and your case isn't an exception.

you also contradict yourself in the post by saying "i was talking normally" and then openly admitting your mic was loud as fuck

you can say the exact same thing about a gag , when someone types the N  WO R D  (which is honestly the only thing people are gagged for most of the time) we all fucking know why lmao

MY POINT IS    

no need for reasons xd

When I said I was talking normally, I mean i wasn't yelling or overly excited or whatnot, I learned my mic was loud afterwords from the admin after asking him 4 times. In my case it wasn't obvious, but yes it is obvious most of the time, just don't understand why they can't add a simple rule that they need to explain why someone was muted, literally just needed to type "mic to loud" and I would've understood. Literally would take like 1 extra second to type 3 words.

Edited by SuperSpace

Posted  Edited by donchill

hello, according to sourcebans this isn't the first time that you got muted https://sourcebans.gflclan.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_1%3A0%3A116958895+&Submit=Search

usually if it's a minor offense like that your mic is set up too loud you get muted for 5 or 10 minutes. typically admins even warn before muting. that is short compared to other reasons and should be the time you need to fix your mic. if you are a repeated offender your mute gets stacked and the duration will be longer.

if there are no admins online and multiple players use !sm on you than you could guess it's too loud too.

for giving reasons: if i see it's the first time then i give a reason and for repeated offenses sometimes no reason (simply because it's quicker in some situations) and cause you already know why you're getting muted again.

afaik you can always check your duration and reason of the mute/gag with the command !comms ingame

Edited by donchill

There's a nifty command you can use ingame in order to hear your own voice, this can be used to check just how loud/broken your mic really is.

Type in the following in console:

voice_loopback 1

Then talk in the mic and you'll hear yourself just as others would hear you on servers.

Turn it off by typing:

voice_loopback 0

This command works just fine offline as well, no need to join a server to try it out.

It's not to big of a deal, I got muted the 18th because it was loud as well, except that time the guy told me why I was muted. For some reason the "levels" on my mic reset when I shut down my pc so that's fun. Thanks for the help Luffaren.

Edited by SuperSpace

12 hours ago, Luffaren said:

There's a nifty command you can use ingame in order to hear your own voice, this can be used to check just how loud/broken your mic really is.

Type in the following in console:

voice_loopback 1

Then talk in the mic and you'll hear yourself just as others would hear you on servers.

Turn it off by typing:

voice_loopback 0

This command works just fine offline as well, no need to join a server to try it out.

Thank you for this Luff, my mic has been spotty recently and this will help me out.

-Sneaky