FireStarter

Make !voteleader last until map change

8 hours ago, alpha_steven said:

!voteleader can't guarantee the current leader won't get spawned as mother zombie for each round.

But some leading marks are made only for humans

These are valid concerns, but I don't see them as unsolvable problems. :)

When the leader gets infected (as a mother zombie or during the round) he loses all his special abilities. I propose to make it so that he automatically regains all his special abilities at the start of the next round. This is how it works on other ZE servers, where leadership is permanent (until the map is changed).

As for the round when the leader becomes a mother zombie, I can see two possible ways out:
1) we could allow to have more than one leader at the same time. Or
2) we could let players replace the current leader (if they feel like it).
I would prefer the variant with multiple leaders, I've seen it work on other servers as well. But replacing the mother-zombie leader is not such a big deal as electing one in the first place, because this is not something we need to worry about every single round.

Posted  Edited by alpha_steven

Thank you for the suggestions,

Unfortunately we are working on recovering the most basic functionalities (like !stopmusic, incorrect/missing messages on panorama ui, etc.) on the server back to work, !voteleader is not the urgent issue we have to resolve it now, hope you can understand. But we may update it later in the future and take your solution into consideration.

Again, thank you for making the community better!

Edited by alpha_steven

Would you guys like it so the number of votes a player has using !voteleader stays instead of it resetting every round?

EDIT: The votes you have will only reset once you get voted as a leader.

Let me know your thoughts

5 hours ago, xSnowyAngel said:

Would you guys like it so the number of votes a player has using !voteleader stays instead of it resetting every round?

Let me know your thoughts

Just use the way the plugin does it by default and save votes, however make it so you can revote for someone without changing your vote

that sounds like a good idea snowy. I think the issue is that it takes like 4 or 5 min of spamming !vl __________ in chat or mic to get a leader re enabled, and a lot can go wrong in that time a leader could help solve, so anything that helps getting a new beacon up faster (main thing for a leade) is the end goal. seems like your suggestion could accomplish that goal.

20 hours ago, xSnowyAngel said:

I haven't been in a situation when I would like my vote to be reset. So I would prefer it to be saved.

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, FireStarter said:

Has it got broken or been reverted?

Yesterday we had to do a lot of votes for the same leader every round, when I played on ze_necromanteion_v2_4b.

From what i know, it hasnt been reverted. Currently the vote count for a player ONLY resets after they have been selected as a leader to prevent misuse of the leader immunity with mute on vote

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FireStarter said:

I haven't seen the new voting system work even once. We still need to vote for the leader every round.

Im not sure if you even read any of my past comments

Posted  Edited by FireStarter
7 hours ago, xSnowyAngel said:

Im not sure if you even read any of my past comments

I haven't been selected as a leader myself, but from what I've heard from others not only the vote count resets, but also the "!leader" command is not working (does not bring up the leader menu) for the previously selected leader in the next round.

Edited by FireStarter

Posted  Edited by xSnowyAngel

1) 

30 minutes ago, FireStarter said:

but from what I've heard from others not only the vote count resets

On 8/2/2018 at 12:46 PM, xSnowyAngel said:

From what i know, it hasnt been reverted. Currently the vote count for a player ONLY resets after they have been selected as a leader to prevent misuse of the leader immunity with mute on vote

2)

30 minutes ago, FireStarter said:

but also the "!leader" command is not working (does not bring up the leader menu) for the previously selected leader in the next round.

You wanted to leader to stay forever until he resigns? Im pretty sure some people can find ways to misuse that

Edited by xSnowyAngel

Posted  Edited by FireStarter - Edit Reason: Reason: grammar.
11 hours ago, xSnowyAngel said:

You wanted to leader to stay forever until he resigns?

My proposal was to have selected leader stay in his power until the map is changed (as I've said it in the name of the thread and explained later on in this post).

11 hours ago, xSnowyAngel said:

Im pretty sure some people can find ways to misuse that

I've never seen players select someone inadequate as the leader, who would then use his abilities for griefing, e.g. would be deliberately misleading. If you feel it necessary to have an option for revoking a leader's status while there are no admins online, you could trust players to do this. The easiest way to do it that I can think of is to make it so that if players give enough votes to someone else to become the new leader, the previously selected leader would lose all his special abilities automatically. I've already proposed such an option in the previously mentioned post as well ("2. we could let players replace the current leader (if they feel like it)").

On 8/2/2018 at 7:46 AM, xSnowyAngel said:

The single most important leader's special ability is the beacon, in my opinion. A sign above his head which makes him better stand out in the crowd is also useful. The leader status would still be useful without mute immunity, if vote manipulation is such a big concern; convenient leader selection by players is a bigger problem, as it looks to me.

Edited by FireStarter
Reason: grammar.

• 1 month later...

I am of mixed opinions in this matter,

@FireStarter, in my time as a leader - if i have actually needed beacon, the community usually can get out of spawn and type !vl leader. As there are some times where i feel i wish i had a beacon, there are also times where the current leader gives up on the team and may troll after he/she dies and wants to restart the round or change the map.

So although i'd never thought i say this but i prefer the old way. 

I wanted change from the old system because i thought the ratio of !vl's needed was too great, however, under further inspection it appears fine and leaders are voted upon necessity. If the reason that permanent leader isn't given is because of threats of trolling, having players retain !vl's from previous maps can also lead to 'interesting' situations as if they are unsuited to lead the current map but by chance they have a set number of !vl's and they get voted. 

Permanent leader would be nice, and retaining !vl's from a previous time is nice, but... In the grand scheme of things, if you 'actually' need a beacon to explain a confusing part the of map, i believe that the community will help you out. 

2 hours ago, ReivaX said:

having players retain !vl's from previous maps can also lead to 'interesting' situations as if they are unsuited to lead the current map but by chance they have a set number of !vl's and they get voted. 

it retains over rounds not maps...

this literally is the old system only with a higher ratio needed

Sausage, you are taking this a bit too far.

On 10/6/2018 at 4:16 PM, ReivaX said:

may troll after he/she dies and wants to restart the round or change the map.

My proposal was to keep the current system, where a leader instantly loses all his special abilities as soon as he becomes a zombie (as a mother zombie or dies during the round), but at the same time make it so that he automatically regains his leader abilities at the start of the next round.

On 10/6/2018 at 4:16 PM, ReivaX said:

having players retain !vl's from previous maps

My proposal was that a leader retains his special abilities until the map is changed.