Flops

make extend map on 4 always

idk if its possible but please for the love of god make it on 4. GFL nowadays always fucking changes map right after we actually beat a couple of levels due to retard 4 spam (CASES - DREAMING TODAY, TILEX SOME DAYS AGO, MANY OTHERS)

please for the sake of my sanity do this 

Posted  Edited by Nah

Possible but it is not a good idea since the server pop wants to spam 4 (Spam 4 Elitist) no matter what.

In short:

Hell no

Edited by Nah

Is it possible to add a delay before people are actually allowed to vote, like show the nominated maps but make people wait like 5 seconds before they can actually start voting. Yes I can see how for some people this will be annoying since most of them just press a number to get the box off of their screen but this will help by making people actually look at the maps instead of just pressing 4 right away to remove the vote box.

Chill Water Fall.gif

Why is it that whenever I make posts like this warranting actual responses, the ADMINS are the ones shitposting of all people... why can’t you cucks actually contribute something other than a bunch of HAHAA memes

Posted  Edited by Flops

Alot of the arguments against my suggestion include “oh, shit maps will get extended”

well, that’s preferable over good maps being rtved isn’t it? And plus, whenever people are tired of a map, no one ever extends it anyways... The situation u guys say will happen literally never happens anyways

Edited by Flops

Posted  Edited by donchill
5 hours ago, Auvora said:

Is it possible to add a delay before people are actually allowed to vote, like show the nominated maps but make people wait like 5 seconds before they can actually start voting. Yes I can see how for some people this will be annoying since most of them just press a number to get the box off of their screen but this will help by making people actually look at the maps instead of just pressing 4 right away to remove the vote box.

if that's technically possible i would give it a try.

most of the random players smash 4 or 5 so it all depends on the playerbase that is currently on. it frustrates me too sometimes when maps dont get extended but placing it to number 4 isnt the perfect solution here.

What i always wondered is why are number 2 and 3 not used? I can only think of the weapon switch here

Maybe its even possible to have the extend vote option only available on the numbers 2-3-4 (random appearance  on those)?

Edited by donchill

I like 2 Ideas so far

1. add the delay so that someone does not fast switch on their mouse and select 4, or something like that.... not a bad idea, and that could help

2. I like the idea of like 1-6, not 4-9 and keep it random... that way players are less likely to smash something just because it is the close option. 

i would love to figure a way to ensure things are fair, and that the will of the people is actually accomplished. 

Posted  Edited by Anibear

Honestly even if it results in maps being played longer on average, I don't see that as a bad thing considering that also means it'll provide a solution to the problem at hand. Worst case is haunted lab escape gets extended twice and they RTV. Whereas on the bright side people can make it to the RTV level of tilex without having to worry about randoms switching it to korea due to 4 spam. There is the issue of people just switching the number they vote for to the next thing however (But that's usually only if an option is removed, for example if 4 was taken out they'd go 5), but I'm not sure how likely that'll be, since most people just mash whats closest to get it off the screen. Either way I don't see an issue with this suggestion. 

17 hours ago, qtox said:

lol no ppl want variety in maps if u put extend on 4 even the retard maps get extended which doesnt sound good

Switching from a map that has multiple levels is more harmful than extending it tbh. Said map goes on a cool-down. In other words it gets wasted for the entire day. Where as if it's extended its only 30 minutes extra that its played. And even then it can be RTV'd after.

Edited by Anibear

On 7/28/2018 at 4:03 PM, donchill said:

if that's technically possible i would give it a try.

most of the random players smash 4 or 5 so it all depends on the playerbase that is currently on. it frustrates me too sometimes when maps dont get extended but placing it to number 4 isnt the perfect solution here.

What i always wondered is why are number 2 and 3 not used? I can only think of the weapon switch here

Maybe its even possible to have the extend vote option only available on the numbers 2-3-4 (random appearance  on those)?

Good luck modifying mapchooser plugin.  image.png.ca3cdd15897c336091b11b92da6852ab.png

Posted  Edited by Luffaren

What about making all the options 100% random individually for players instead?

So if the majority 4-spams it's at least spread out/not biased towards a single map.

Example:

Player 1 gets:

4. extend map

5. pirates

6. lostworld

7. atix

Player 2 gets:

4. lostworld

5. atix

6. pirates

7. extend map

Edited by Luffaren

2 hours ago, Luffaren said:

What about making all the options 100% random individually for players instead?

So if the majority 4-spams it's at least spread out/not biased towards a single map.

Example:

Player 1 gets:

4. extend map

5. pirates

6. lostworld

7. atix

Player 2 gets:

4. lostworld

5. atix

6. pirates

7. extend map

We've been discussing internally about this recently actually. We might be trying it out on the server if we can get the plugin working that way.