Finnick

Last comment Wins

2 hours ago, Joe with the numbers said:

You don't win unless you get this question correct
Is a gas a fluid?

Yes, do I win now?

-Head of the Cult of Noot-

-CWRP Admin-

@Joe with the numbers To answer that question, we need to define the term "wet."

If we define "wet" as the condition of a liquid sticking to a solid surface, such as water wetting our skin, then we cannot say that water is wet by itself, because it takes a liquid AND a solid to define the term "wet."

If we define "wet" as a sensation that we get when a liquid comes in contact with us, then yes, water is wet to us.

If we define "wet" as "made of liquid or moisture", then water is definitely wet because it is made of liquid, and in this sense, all liquids are wet because they are all made of liquids. I think that this is a case of a word being useful only in appropriate contexts.

-Head of the Cult of Noot-

-CWRP Admin-

1 minute ago, Neon Cat said:

@Joe with the numbers wins! Do you want 1 month of vip or 2 months of supporter?

Why do I win?

50 minutes ago, Noot said:

@Joe with the numbers To answer that question, we need to define the term "wet."

If we define "wet" as the condition of a liquid sticking to a solid surface, such as water wetting our skin, then we cannot say that water is wet by itself, because it takes a liquid AND a solid to define the term "wet."

If we define "wet" as a sensation that we get when a liquid comes in contact with us, then yes, water is wet to us.

If we define "wet" as "made of liquid or moisture", then water is definitely wet because it is made of liquid, and in this sense, all liquids are wet because they are all made of liquids. I think that this is a case of a word being useful only in appropriate contexts.

That 2nd one is wrong, I was asking for water itself. Water may make us feel the sensation of wet but it itself isnt wet

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers