TheJitFace

Prison RP server?

Posted  Edited by TheJitFace

Maybe we should add in a prison RP server? Let me know what you think. (I used to play DDG prison RP  before I joined GFL and when I took a break from GFL last year) 

THIS IS NOT LIKE JAILBREAK 

download.jpg

Edited by TheJitFace

jitticus

Posted  Edited by Faex

Throw in some Halo RP and we have a trilogy 

Edited by Faex

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058101056/

76561198058101056.pngAddFriend.png

"...You do a thing and it becomes the paint others will use on their canvas

of the internet for their memes" - Michael Stevens, Vsauce

2014 - 2020

Thanks for the good times, kings.

Former Global Admin

Achievements

4 hours ago, King_Wailord said:

Not happening any time soon. We need to focus on the servers we currently have instead of adding new ones all the time. 

We need servers that will get popularity and get rid of dead servers. Prison RP is a game mode new GFL members and even the old ones can enjoy. Right now, I feel as if there are no servers that I find fun. 

jitticus

This game mode is fucking ass dude, i remember ddg prison rp, worst fucking experience, I even opened on at a point in my life and it fucking sucks dick as a game mode in general. Dont do it

[Former] GMod Jailbreak Admin (Shut Down)

[Former] GMod Prop Hunt Admin (Resigned)

[Former] GMod Hns T-Admin (Resigned)

[Former] GMod Skill Surf T-Admin (Shut Down)

Violator.PNG

here_bb.PNG.0a6beee6881d8cae5efdb143016a2825.PNG

1 hour ago, Porch Monkey said:

This game mode is fucking ass dude, i remember ddg prison rp, worst fucking experience, I even opened on at a point in my life and it fucking sucks dick as a game mode in general. Dont do it

It’s not the game mode that’s ass, DDG is filled with abusive 10 year old admins. It’s not a good community, I knew most of the staff and would speak to them and the owner everyday on team speak. The game mode would be great if we try it. 

jitticus

Good suggestion but it would be a lot more toxic than Purge, and that's saying something.

:shrug:

GFL Ranks

[Former] Manager for Purge/DarkRP.                 

[Former] Manager for AWP 24/7

[Former] Senior Badmin for the old Purge.

[Former] Senior Badmin for the new Purge.             

[Former] Senior Admin for Hightower. 

[Former] Server Admin for 2Fort. 

[Former] Server Admin for 2Fort 2

[Former] Human Resources.  

[Bans] Old Purge - 400+

[Joined] 2012-2013.

Achievements

Purge lasted a long ass time with support from all the old players.

Most of those players are gone now, focusing on college/school, working, in another community, or some other reason.

That is one of the only reasons why Purge lasted for so long.

Since the majority of the players who supported Purge left. Purge died, so Prison RP would not work. (I'm implying because both are RP)

In fact almost any RP server won't work currently because of GFL's workings of the higher ups. (If it's still how it was since I left)

Controlling the server as an admin would be a pain in the ass because most of the admins/higher ups are lazy or they don't listen.

All my opinion so don't attack me you monsters.

GFL Ranks

[Former] Manager for Purge/DarkRP.                 

[Former] Manager for AWP 24/7

[Former] Senior Badmin for the old Purge.

[Former] Senior Badmin for the new Purge.             

[Former] Senior Admin for Hightower. 

[Former] Server Admin for 2Fort. 

[Former] Server Admin for 2Fort 2

[Former] Human Resources.  

[Bans] Old Purge - 400+

[Joined] 2012-2013.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by TheJitFace
2 minutes ago, DaLaw said:

Purge lasted a long ass time with support from all the old players.

Most of those players are gone now, focusing on college/school, working, in another community, or some other reason.

That is one of the only reasons why Purge lasted for so long.

Since the majority of the players who supported Purge left. Purge died, so Prison RP would not work. (I'm implying because both are RP)

In fact almost any RP server won't work currently because of GFL's workings of the higher ups. (If it's still how it was since I left)

Controlling the server as an admin would be a pain in the ass because most of the admins/higher ups are lazy or they don't listen.

All my opinion so don't attack me you monsters.

I will attack you , but this is why we need admins that would be active. 

Edited by TheJitFace

jitticus

Like many of us have said so many times before, we should focus on the servers we have now. Like CWRP and other servers that need a population before we move on.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

6 minutes ago, Kite9867 said:

Like many of us have said so many times before, we should focus on the servers we have now. Like CWRP and other servers that need a population before we move on.

With the prison RP server though, it won't die off because the game mode is very fun and would keep the population going. Dead servers are dead because admins decide to not stay on and help populate or there not fun anymore. Prison RP is a populated and fun game mode in general, most of the servers in that game mode are filled up. 

jitticus

1 hour ago, TheJitFace said:

With the prison RP server though, it won't die off because the game mode is very fun and would keep the population going.

You can’t guarentee it won’t die / have a low population 

VIOLATORSAIDSO.png

thanks @Violator

1 hour ago, TheJitFace said:

With the prison RP server though, it won't die off because the game mode is very fun and would keep the population going. Dead servers are dead because admins decide to not stay on and help populate or there not fun anymore. Prison RP is a populated and fun game mode in general, most of the servers in that game mode are filled up. 

ZS is a fun game mode, Jailbreak is a fun game mode, purge is a fun game mode. What do these have in common? They all got shut down. It doesn't matter if its fun, it matters if the staff and manager actually care for the server.

Visit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

[Former] PVK Manager  Anarchy Admin 

The thing is jb and purge did have caring managers, thats not what killed the servers. It's staff, If a prison rp opened for gfl how would they get staff that played the server. I don't think anyone is going to be playing the server with one person just them alone, thats fucking boring dude. If you sit there alone trying to become staff on a server that has no players you officially have no life, who are you going to make sure follows the rules? The air? If they really want it to pop they would have to hire a shit ton of staff before hand to have them get more players to staff. which I don't know if they want to do knowing that you cant just trust anyone with being staff on a prison rp and not killing it. This is just a horrible idea over all and you can just easily open a server with a different, more populated gamemode that is easier to get staff for and populate than prison rp that would generate more population, players, and money for gfl.

[Former] GMod Jailbreak Admin (Shut Down)

[Former] GMod Prop Hunt Admin (Resigned)

[Former] GMod Hns T-Admin (Resigned)

[Former] GMod Skill Surf T-Admin (Shut Down)

Violator.PNG

here_bb.PNG.0a6beee6881d8cae5efdb143016a2825.PNG