strawberry crab

A new Assault Rifle for Breach (Krieg552)

would you like to see a 5th AR in breach such as the Krieg 552?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see a 5th AR in breach such as the Krieg 552?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2018 at 02:33 PM

Posted  Edited by strawberry crab - Edit Reason: fixed somethings

INTRO

At the current time of writing this, there is 4 ARs, 2 misc weapons, 5 pistols and 5 smgs.  This is the bolder of the 2 suggestions planned and with the recent addition of the USP-S the site director does not appear to be shy about adding in new guns. In the past, there was a sniper rifle for the server which dealt immense damage and would lead to a lot of people camping the gates with the said sniper rifle and it was justly removed. I asked about an alternative sniper rifle and got mixed results so thusly did not write a proposal for it. On the other hand, I received mostly positive comments in the game regarding the idea of a 5th assault rifle that is  NOT a sniper rifle.  This I believe will not only balance the game out a bit but there will be an equal number of each main weapon type.   

THE RIFLE 

The rifle I am purposing is the Krieg 552. This appears to be the only AR in CS:S that is not in this server.  (i could be wrong). The rifle would function as a mix between the AUG and the Deagle. As it would be a high powered semi-automatic assault rifle with a low zoom scope. It would make up for this by having a low-rate of fire and being semi-auto.  So it will be powerful and semi-auto in respect to the deagle and like the aug the player's view will shrink the players FOV but offer less recoil.  I'd purpose it to have  240rpm between that of the Deagle and famas (the strongest AR).  A damage output of 21 damage. Why 21 damage because at the moment unarmored targets at full hp are capable of sustaining an extra hit from the famas if they take 19 damage instead of 20. This can prove fatal on 1 on 1 fights. While uncommon it can get under ones skin if it happens unexpectedly this could be a way to deal with it.  An alternative in terms of damage would be 24 though this would be if the gun is seen as underpowered. The clip size would be  a 20 round magazine. I would initially suggest a 10 or 15 but there exists no standard mags for this weapon with that amount. If putting it in the armory doesn't sound like a good idea. Then in the case that everyone goes for this rifle instead of a higher-fire rate alternative, a suggestion could be to place it in a specific spot such as near gate a  and could be seen as an alternative to the shotgun at gate b.  

COMPARISONS

Currently, there is a large damage gap between the famas and the deagle.  This could help shut the damage gap if there was a semi-auto assault rifle that did some damage just above the famas at 21.

To show how large the damage gap here is a simple graph below this text. There is also a gap in terms of rpm between 185-300. I believe this would help shut that too. 

just for reference 

Famas 

Magazine: 20+1

Damage: 20

range: 140 meters

stability: 69% 

firerate: 300rpm

Desert Eagle 

Magazine: 7+1

Damage: 40

range: 390 meters

stability: 0%

firerate 185 rpm

Krieg 552 (proposed) (yes it's from CS:S)

Magazine: 20+1 (10 or 15 is okay too despite these kinds of clips not actually existing for this gun)

Damage: 21 (suggested) 24 (if seen as underpowered)

range: 200 meters

stability: 70% (to keep it on par)

firerate: 240 rpm (semi-auto)

scope: similar to aug (scope is optional but preferred)

Note: the wiki for CS mentions this as a "powerful assault rifle" and it should stay true to its name if implemented. 

This would make it a balance between the AK-47 and Famas in terms of rpm, Would be a moderate between the two but make up for it by offering slightly higher power.

regardless let me know what you think assuming you've read the proposal and didn't just look at the stats. 

scout.png

Edited by strawberry crab
fixed somethings

space.png

Sure

It's going to use that RPM, but it'll do 28 damage. Here how the math works out:

240 / 60 = 4 shots per second

4 shots * 24 damage = 96 damage per second

This is rather weak, so I'll go a higher damage count than 24, which will give it 112 DPS.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Posted  Edited by strawberry crab - Edit Reason: grammar
2 hours ago, Xy said:

Sure

It's going to use that RPM, but it'll do 28 damage. Here how the math works out:

240 / 60 = 4 shots per second

4 shots * 24 damage = 96 damage per second

This is rather weak, so I'll go a higher damage count than 24, which will give it 112 DPS.

I see, In the rough draft for this I originally purposed 30 damage but quickly changed it to 21/24 so the high damage wouldn't drive people away from the idea.  Your proposition of 28 sound very good @Xy because if my math is correct unarmored targets would take 28 damage and armored targets would take 25 (24.5) damage I believe though I could be wrong.  28 damage would place it justly between the famas and deagle in terms of damage.   Lastly, While a bit off topic if everything else is to hold true (damage etc.) please add the AUG-like scope to this weapon as this idea originally stemmed from being able to zoom in with the AUG though, of course, this is optional on your part.

Edited by strawberry crab
grammar

space.png