Cameron2nd

(permanently banned) i reposted the servers discord into the ingame cha

Posted  Edited by Cameron2nd

I got onto the TTT server and was curious if they had a discord, when I checked and seen a link in chat I copied and pasted it in chat again so my friend didn't have to go through the hassle of finding it themselves. From what I understand it is an old link which has been abandoned and is no longer used. When I try to join it it shows up as it being expired or me not having permission. The link I re posted was as follows (https://discord.gg/JJMkT), I'm restating the link I posted because after a certain period of time the server will advertise the same link in purple text encouraging people to join their discord. Once I pasted the link back into the chat, I received a slay, I tried to reason that It was linked by the server previously but right after I did I just received a permanent ban. I understand why there is a rule against advertising but I wasn't advertising anything but the exact same thing the server itself did. I don't have any console logs to show this because I started a sandbox in single player after the incident. Somebody with a twitch link as their name was the one who banned me. 

https://steamcommunity.com/id/PlanesV/

ingame name: ςค๓єг๏ภ/cameron

banned by www.twitch.tv/motorstreak (this is their ingame name)

I wish to be un banned from the server because, I enjoy playing on the server, the community of players who play on it are great people and make the game fun. I also have friends who play on the server, and having to be left out each time they are online would be a inconvenience. Personally, I don't think that the rule I broke should be applied here because it was a copy and paste of a server advertisement

Edited by Cameron2nd

Posted  Edited by Guest - Edit Reason: more info

hello i am the admin that banned you, there's no need to follow the format because as far as i'm concerned you aren't getting unbanned.

you posted a link in ingame chat

20180829004403_1.thumb.jpg.bd0a4d5dad33721b422a07e1a827e034.jpg

with a discord link that you claimed was for the main gfl discord or the gfl gmod discord (you were not specific) 

the discord link for the gfl gmod discord is http://discord.me/gflgmod so it wasn't that and i had a main discord mod check the invite links for main discord and he said the link you provided wasn't listed anywhere in the invite links for that discord.

here's proof

5b862b2dc0713_non-gfldiscordlink.JPG.720474a098c0806ebaac5738cb9b25b9.JPG

therefore my only conclusion is that you were advertising another community. 

We don't like when people on gfl servers advertise non-gfl communities and like every other server out there advertising other communities is a permanent ban.

also as a side note as soon as i banned you your friend (yes i know you're friends on steam) Tony the Tiger got banned for targeting which leads me to suspect you aren't as innocent as you claim

Edit: i have also searched through the members on the gfl gmod discord incase the link was from there and you did not turn up, last time i checked you had to be in a server to create an invite link to it

Edited by Guest
more info

Posted  Edited by Cameron2nd

I edited my previous one to add in any info that I missed. The discord link that I pasted into the chat of the server was already in the chat in purple text so I'm certain it wasn't another players link. From the information that I understand here, it is most likely a link to an old discord server that was with the gfl ttt server, judging from what happens when I try to join it. The link itself was not originally advertised by me, I assume that because it was in purple it was at least stated by the server or from somebody else with power (sidenote: it was a far scroll through the chat). I don't understand how you wouldn't be able to find it within the servers logs as it was a direct copy and paste, just doing a Ctrl + F should allow you to search the exact text the I posted in it. 

Also, I was unaware that there was seperate discord servers, like I said before I just reposted the one I read in purple text. Also if you open the link that I sent, You'll understand that I wasn't advertising any other community. To clarify even further, the link that I pasted into the chat was copied from the chat and written in purple text. Check again for the link.

Also, me being associated with Tony the Tiger doesn't prove or affect anything. His ban is a completely different case with different reasons altogether. Don't drag other people into this as a method of discrediting me. I never tried to hide the fact I'm friends with him on steam as you implied with statement "(yes i know you're friends on steam)".

Also as a sidenote, its quite ironic that someone advertising their own twitch in their username is banning others for advertising. Just a thought.

Edited by Cameron2nd

3 minutes ago, Violator said:

That invite link does not match any invites on our GFL GMod discord server.

it was written in purple text, It was at the top of the chat when I scrolled up. Its pretty clear that me not having screenshots of it basically ensures me losing the appeal anyways.

Just now, Violator said:

I checked logs, the only mention of that link is from you.

The link was copied from the chat, I assume that it is from the server because I didn't see a name attached to it, just purple text encouraging people to join it. If you can't find it in the logs then that might be the reason why. I'm not sure as I haven't ran my own gmod server before.

also my name is motorsteak not motorstreak

Just now, Violator said:

hl2_2018-08-28_22-56-30.png.a7722beba04e2209a87efdd6fdf7ef33.png

That is the only discord link the server advertises.

If the only link the server advertises is that, then it wasn't posted by the server itself. It was posted in purple text, maybe another player who had coloured chat text posted it. I'm seriously lost with this.

Just now, Cameron2nd said:

If the only link the server advertises is that, then it wasn't posted by the server itself. It was posted in purple text, maybe another player who had coloured chat text posted it. I'm seriously lost with this.

Again impossible I have the logs open and you are the only person that posted that url link.

I9MhKK5.png

1 minute ago, MilkMan said:

Well we don't even have anything in purple that pops up either, I don't believe? Violator have you check the links we send out?

Sorry, I'm slightly colour blind but I'm still amazed that nobody else can find the original text.