k2nod

Making a 32 players server?

I see a lot of people playing on those endless "ranked" servers. Might as well try because the current 2 servers are full everyday.

• Like 1

We've tried an 80 slot server. It actually got to 20 - 30 players but very rarely. I'd say once or twice every month.

After upgrading GS03, I decided to shut it down until we can get some sort of management going in Killing Floor 2.

Thanks.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2018 at 11:24 AM, Roy said:

We've tried an 80 slot server. It actually got to 20 - 30 players but very rarely. I'd say once or twice every month.

After upgrading GS03, I decided to shut it down until we can get some sort of management going in Killing Floor 2.

Thanks.

I would play KF more if it had more slots for players to join like the old days when it use to max out.
Maybe since mutators are whitelisted: https://tripwireinteractive.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KF2SW/pages/161316886/Current+Whitelisted+Mutators+mods

With a couple of adjustments, scripts and mods we could make it really good, but the problem is if people still play the KF as much since it seems to be dying lately due to how Tripwire has been lately.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Argyros said:

I would play KF more if it had more slots for players to join like the old days when it use to max out.
Maybe since mutators are whitelisted: https://tripwireinteractive.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KF2SW/pages/161316886/Current+Whitelisted+Mutators+mods

With a couple of adjustments, scripts and mods we could make it really good, but the problem is if people still play the KF as much since it seems to be dying lately due to how Tripwire has been lately.

We don't have a team that'll populate the servers. We had an 80 slot server out for months and it rarely got any players.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Roy said:

We don't have a team that'll populate the servers. We had an 80 slot server out for months and it rarely got any players.

Thanks.

Ah, I wonder if someone made scripts and mods for it would get players to join.
Maybe by adding Server Extension mod, a global leveling system across the KF2 servers and some custom things that might bring players to the server.
The game uses unreal engine so it should not be to hard to make mods for it since the game does include the SDK for it.

Edited by Argyros

Just now, Argyros said:

Ah, I wonder if someone made scripts and mods for it that got players to join.
Maybe by adding Server Extension mod, a global leveling system across the KF2 servers and some customer things that might bring players to the server.
The game uses unreal engine so it should not be to hard to make mods for it.

I personally feel this would help the higher slot servers a lot. I've noticed our 6-slot servers would become full often while our 80-slot server would rarely get to 6 players.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Roy said:

I personally feel this would help the higher slot servers a lot. I've noticed our 6-slot servers would become full often while our 80-slot server would rarely get to 6 players.

Thanks.

Could you try explaining this a little more?
If I have an understanding of what you want to accomplish with this then it shouldn't be to hard to make one for it since I have a slightly working one for Squad.

4 minutes ago, Argyros said:

Could you try explaining this a little more?
If I have an understanding of what you want to accomplish with this then it shouldn't be to hard to make one for it since I have a slightly working one for Squad.

Have it configured so the maximum players is set to 6 until it gets to 5 players. Once it gets to 5 players, it increases to 12 max players. It keeps going up as the server fills to 80 or w/e the actual maximum server size is.

I'm not sure if this is possible in Killing Floor 2. I've tried Googling for a mutator on this and couldn't find anything. I don't believe there's any "visible max players" variable in Killing Floor 2 like there is in most Source Engine games (sv_visiblemaxplayers). Only issue is I'm not sure if we can change the maximum amount of players while the server is running.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Roy said:

Have it configured so the maximum players is set to 6 until it gets to 5 players. Once it gets to 5 players, it increases to 12 max players. It keeps going up as the server fills to 80 or w/e the actual maximum server size is.

I'm not sure if this is possible in Killing Floor 2. I've tried Googling for a mutator on this and couldn't find anything. I don't believe there's any "visible max players" variable in Killing Floor 2 like there is in most Source Engine games. Only issue is I'm not sure if we can change the maximum amount of players while the server is running.

Thanks.

Not unless the server updates the player count via live without a restart then this wont really be possible.
If it does update players live then it's not really hard to write a script that gets the current online players, if max then increase the slots by sending an update player amount command to the console.

Edited by Argyros

47 minutes ago, Argyros said:

Not unless the server updates the player count via live without a restart then this wont really be possible.
If it does update players live then it's not really hard to write a script that gets the current online players, if max then increase the slots by sending an update player amount command to the console.

Agreed. We used this mutator to set the maximum players to above 6 players in KF2. This requires setting it through the command line but I'm unsure if it needs to be in the command line/startup script or not.

The mutator equivalent to the one above in KF1 required setting it through the config file (System/MaxPlayers.ini or something like that). That makes me wonder if it was required to set it at the startup.

I'll take a look at the code when I have the time.

Thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roy said:

Agreed. We used this mutator to set the maximum players to above 6 players in KF2. This requires setting it through the command line but I'm unsure if it needs to be in the command line/startup script or not.

The mutator equivalent to the one above in KF1 required setting it through the config file (System/MaxPlayers.ini or something like that). That makes me wonder if it was required to set it at the startup.

I'll take a look at the code when I have the time.

Thanks.

Or could just make changes to the mutator to do the check and changes.