annoying furry

[Announcement] Changes to staff structure <- Reverted

Many of you have probably noticed the introduction of a couple of ranks, noticeably: Moderation, Event Management, and Public Relations. Essentially, these are the result of the council being split up into separate teams with a former council member as their leader (These former council members have the same level of access as the council did). We hope that this new structure will allow more people to get involved with the administration of the community as a whole and will address issues that we previously had with the council rank itself.

The following teams were created as a result of the split:

Moderation

Public Relations

• Helps maintain good relations between GFL and its community
  • Advertises GFL in a respectful manner (i.e. not getting on other servers and spamming ‘JOIN GFL!’)
  • Assists managers in making sure that bans are consistent with community policy.
  • Application: https://gflclan.com/forms/13-public-relations-application/
  • Lead by @Unknown

Event Management

Currently, none of the new teams have strict requirements with the exception of Moderation (due to its nature).

PFAQ (Probably Frequently Asked Questions)

Q: Why was I/[INSERT FORMER MODS NAME HERE] removed from TS3 Admin/ Discord Moderator?

A: Due to the expansion of the role to include all platforms, trusted did a vote on all current communications staff. If >= 50% voted Yes, the staff member was retained, but if they didn’t get enough yes votes, then they were removed from the position. If you were removed from the position, you are free to re-apply at any time using the link above.

Q: What happened to Crusty and Flyingjoe?

A: Crusty is now the manager of the upcoming Arma 3 server and flyingjoe is now overseeing the media team alongside SadBandit (who is still the primary leader).

That's all for now ❤️

View full article

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Does anyone remember my long response to some thread about Rank Changes?  I can't believe I still had this lying around.  I cannot remember if it was the old forums, this one, or possibly both, but we've gone full circle again.

ZNhZwNv.png

Lessons are not being learned and we're fully committed to voting.  You can't get something out of nothing; there's no free lunch.  I think it's a great idea to expand on the administrative and operational roles, but you're taking away the link between the divisions and the leadership members fulfilling these roles will naturally be more interested in the greater good of their advocating groups rather than for the community as a whole.  They can say all they want and mean it...  when it comes down to it: They'll be held responsible for the failures within these areas of interest and so they are willing to pay the cost elsewhere to make those numbers look good.

The concept is good...  implementation is poor, and we'll be seeing a lot of the same stuff.  I like when new people are being involved and their vote counts, but they also weren't there to know; that's when someone needs to speak up and say something regardless of its popularity.  If we were to always follow the popular vote, then you don't need leadership... just poll everything and follow the outcome blindly (not a great idea).  Leadership sometimes need to make difficult decisions- that's what it takes.

I do recall Roy and some other people discuss and support the idea of consolidation...  look where we're at today...  still "steps in the right direction"?  Looks like no direction to me.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Charmayy

Another way this could've been done without changing everything within Staff Structure:

"Hey Pyros, you are being put in charge of Events, Unknown you're in charge of PR, and Benroy is in charge of moderation...

...and Crusty and Flyingjoe you're demoted :kappa:"

Jokes aside, couldn't the same impact in GFL be done without removing the entire council role? Seems a little counter-productive and confusing to the community itself how the team leaders work and why they have their power while other team leaders don't (i.e: @TheSadBandit)

--- no nevermind on this middle edited part ---

I feel like change is good, but too much change can lead to redundancy and confusions, especially with over-complications.

Edited by Charmayy

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $943 ($530 with sales)
  • Games owned: 174
  • Games played: 112 (64%)
  • Hours on record: 5,797.5h

• 2 weeks later...

Make more tier 3 admins because it's hard to beat shroom forest 3 at seven levels without it. Today we only got 2 shots at the final level with only 4 losses. I nominate sneaky because most of the time this happens he's there and can't do anything.

• 1 month later...
Guest SkydivingSquid
On 9/2/2018 at 11:52 AM, Violator said:

I feel like I ranked up and everyone got demoted :lenny:

Spoke too soon? 

When are we starting the revolution, Vio? 

• Pyros locked this topic
  • 2 months later...

These changes are in the process of being reverted back to the Council role as the Team Leader role ended up having the wrong focus when it came to GFL.

I want to thank everyone for their hard work.

11f4263ab6c30a3489f8db3145340861.png

So everyone is listing their former stuff so I'll just be cool and list mine :3

Former @HackingPotato's White Knight and Boss Former Director Former TF2 Division Leader Former Community Advisor Former TF2 Technical Administrator Former TF2 Server Manager Former TF2 Trial Manager Former TF2 Admin Former TF2 Revivalist Former TF2 Player Former TF2 God Former Media Leaderish Former somewhat Media team person Former VIP Former Supporter Former Member Former TF2 Player Former Player