motorsteak

New Moderation application

What is your TeamSpeak username and Discord ID? discord motorsteak#0970 teamspeak motorsteak

Which of the platforms do you use the most?

Mostly Discord and Forums

How would you describe your activity there?

i'm not top 10 on discord but i have over 6,500 messages in main discord (broke 7000 as of 9/4) and about 12,000 in gmod discord (broke 12,500 as of 9/4). on forums i'm always in the ttt subsection dealing with player reports and either doing ban appeals that are because of my bans or notifying the appropriate admin via either discord or forums that they have a ban appeal

Why are you interested in becoming a Moderator?

I want to be a moderator to help deal with ttt ban appeals, they always seem to get posted in the wrong spot and i'd like to be able to move them to the right spot
and to assist with locking them if the ban appeal is denied, and the same for player reports.

On discord I tag admins a lot, I know in the past it wasn't constructive but i've pretty much cut that out and i only tag them now if it's for someone posting NSFW or for breaking other rules

How would you typically go about handling a conflict between two users?

On TTT i tell them to break it up, if they won't i'll warn, if they continue I mute or gag for 5-10 minutes depending on the severity of the argument then upgrade punishments from there
even going as far as upgrading to a permanent gag if the situation demands it or even banning the user if they start doing things that are bannable (ie. targeting or harrasment)

Have you ever been warned or muted? If so, explain what happened.

Yes a few times, mainly for spamming, which i deserved but they were months ago now I believe. I know you guys can check this if you want to so if this is wrong please let me know and I can change it.

Moderators and Trusted+, please +1 or -1 this application with an explanation for your vote.

Edited by motorsteak
updated activity
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Winner 2

Personally, I believe Motorsteak is a reasonable guy, I know he has experience with Moderation from other servers I share with him and he does well, so that's just my bias.

Though the facts are that Motorsteak's known to be the one to tag Moderators as he states to alert us to rule breaking, squabbling, etc. in the GFL Discord showing he understands what is wrong and what is right. He is quite good when it comes to helping people with GMOD appeals and stuff. DLs and Server Managers aren't incredibly active, but Motorsteak sure is and helps with that server crap, him having Moderator would allow him to do what he does now (help people) much more efficiently, as right now he needs to bother Moderators or higherups to do things for him when he could just do them himself. (This is a little bit of a fused sentence but I'm inept at English so, blow me?)

I'm an advocate of chances and a believer in the fact that people can change (as Motorsteak knows, he was a bit of a cock before).

+1

Edited by Liloz01
added to my explaination
  • Like 1
  • Winner 1

+1 never had bad experiences with him and he's pretty active 

EDIT: Dan did tell me he has tried in the past to start an argument with him/be rude. My vote is still +1 but I may watch closer for that kinda stuff

Edited by Duc2000
  • Like 1
  • Winner 1

Achievements

+1 all the way.

You show high activity within Discords that you and I share, as well as you knowing the ins-and-outs (i.e. rules). Most of my other reasons have been stated above, go figure ;). Other than that, you know what you're doing and can adapt well.

Good luck on the rest of your application!

• Winner 1

Thank you all for your responses so far, if you have any specific questions for me that you don't want to ask here for whatever reason don't be afraid to pm me (same for people that haven't voted yet).

I'll just say that if you are able to vote and choose to use that then you should vote on all the applications and not only one.

Now to reply. You have great activity and good intentions though I haven't really had convos with you. Based on what others say aswell as your attitude I'll give a +1

• Winner 2

Achievements

Guess I'm late to the party :lenny:

big ol' +1

• plenty of activity everywhere;
  • friendly and professional (when needed);
  • he's admin on ttt, so that's pretty much a lifetime resistance to cancer

good luck on your app!

• Winner 1

stay active till we need more mods? to make sure... @Ben Roy do we need more atm or all on hold?

• Winner 1

Achievements

I'd say that we could use a few more people due to school returning.

Applications will take a quite while, so there may be more replies coming on the way.

• Winner 1

Thanks for the responses, i did get muted twice today in main discord. The first was because of an old ban on the gmod ttt server both the other person and i were gagged but i was told this was just so the other person did not cause any more issues. 

Edited by motorsteak
edit i misunderstood
  • Winner 1

Some of you may have noticed i am having disagreements with a certain member on discord, i am doing my best to mitigate any disputes and avoid the person. If any of you have any questions or comments about it please pm me because i do not want to cause any drama with the member. I have also forwarded proof of my side to @Ben Roy so he may be able to answer some questions about it if i am not available at the time.

Normally I'd give a +1, but I'm going to stay neutral on this due to recent events with you. I'll revaluate in a week or two if this app is still active.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

Achievements

Changing to Neutral due to recent events. If all is well in due time I will change back.

Good luck.

• Like 1

i'm not sure what you guys are looking for with regards to if the app (or if i am) still active so i'll just post my main discord activity. I have almost 8500 messages in main discord as of today 9/18.

• Thanks 1

I imagine that the apps will be accepted/denied in bulk, I assume we're just waiting for a time when there'll be a need for more mods. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Good luck.

• Like 1

It will most likely be bulk, though idk what the current needs are as TS and discord mods are now one team but @Ben Roy

• Like 1

Achievements

Returning to +1 due to continued activity, positive and cooperative behavior, few issues along the way and because the drama has mostly blown over.

Good luck.

• Winner 2

2 minutes ago, Winter said:

few issues along the way and because the drama has mostly blown over.

trust me, i learned my lesson

• Thanks 1