strawberry crab

Other Guns For Breach

What Would you like to see the most out of all of these?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What Would you like to see the most out of all of these

• Scout
    • M249

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/2018 at 02:20 PM

Posted  Edited by strawberry crab - Edit Reason: calculations

INTRO

I touched briefly upon this second proposal back in my Krieg 552 proposal. This, of course, would be my 2nd and final proposal related to firearms. Initially, this received mixed responses but more recently I’ve received more positive responses in-game and thus why I’m writing this now rather than before. I don’t 100% expect this one to be implemented though I’d just like to see what you guys think.

GUNS

What I purpose is the return of the M249 and the inclusion of the Steyr scout from CS:S. The M249 is only equipped to CI (like how Kanade set it up). It would deal low damage, at a high fire rate like the AUG & Galil except the m249 would have a 100 clip capacity. Continuous fire would lead to moderate recoil. The m249 would have a long reload time to counter this. Being a machine gun I believe it would run off of SMG bullets or be un-refillable but a full refill is contained within the player’s gun itself. It is intended to be a high-risk high reward weapon.

As for Steyr Scout, this one was meant to be scouting bolt-action sniper rifle. Not the Krieg 552 as that was originally intended to be a powerful semi-automatic like the Desert Eagle. I believe the scout would solve the “camping” problem associated with sniper rifles as it’s low fire rate and low(er) damage would make it a disincentive. Thus having this rifle be more or less a long-range Deagle that ran on pulse ammo.

STATS

Here are the purposed stats for each

M249

Damage: 10

DPM: 1000 (damage per magazine)

DPS:  130 (damage per second)

RPM: 780 (rounds per minute)

Magazine: 100

Stability: 50%

Range: 0.2K

Notes: would act as a galil/mp5 navy with a larger clip. While the 1000 damage per mag and 130 damage per second would seem like a lot. Remember it would only spawn with CI and would have moderate along with a long reload time. It is meant to act as high-risk, high-reward weapon.

Steyr Scout

Damage: 40 (minimum) 45 (suggested) 50 (maximum)

DPM: Between 240 to 550

DPS:  40 to 150

RPM: 60 (reference) 120 (median) 180 (would make it more like a long-range Deagle)

Magazine: 5+1 or 10+1 rounds

Stability: 0%

Range: 0.8K

Notes: Despite dealing high damage it’s very low rate of fire rate and the low clip would disincentive it as a "camping weapon". The DPS is rather low and its DPM is among that of most SMGs and ARs so it won’t it doesn’t seem OP. For Armored Targets, the damage outputs would be 32, 39 and 44 respectively.

scout for reference: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1500811828

Edited by strawberry crab
calculations

space.png

Hell no. Scout would be useless against SCPs I think, escpecially when they come up the tower and rape you…

M249 is good though we should add it back. 

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Posted  Edited by strawberry crab - Edit Reason: grammar
6 minutes ago, Duc2000 said:

Hell no. Scout would be useless against SCPs I think, escpecially when they come up the tower and rape you…

M249 is good though we should add it back. 

I honestly wish there was both. The scout for human targets & non-tank scps (035 & 076-2) with the m249 being a better weapon than the ak-47 for most scps. 

grammar

space.png

We already used the scout before. It was terrible. Not only is it useless against SCPs but it would promote camping for other players who'll use it. And it's really annoying if an MTF was camping the exit with a scout. Plus it delays the round longer, so big -1 to that.

And as for the M249, we had it before but after Xy made the weapon change again the M249 wasn't added for some reason. I don't mind having that weapon back. It was pretty well used on the server. So +1 to that.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

I actually have a proposal to add the M249 back through a specialized C.I. unit. 

I posted a link above, but essentially the idea is that the Unit will spawn with two standard C.I.s and a Gamma-Class military commander who spawns with the M249 and a level 5 keycard, but no slams. This would essentially make the M249 a special weapon similar to the shotgun with Dr. Clef. Xy liked the idea so it might be added one day. So +1 to the M249. 

3 hours ago, UnityII said:

We already have enough automatic guns it's just become mundane at this point

You've got a point thing is idk wouldn't a good sniper rifle be a camping incentive? The scout is the closest thing for a camping distinctive and while not being "effective" for scps it could act as a good deterrent. 

space.png

12 minutes ago, strawberry crab said:

You've got a point thing is idk wouldn't a good sniper rifle be a camping incentive? The scout is the closest thing for a camping distinctive and while not being "effective" for scps it could act as a good deterrent. 

We don't want people to camp though, escpecially not thw surface. 

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Posted  Edited by strawberry crab
54 minutes ago, Duc2000 said:

We don't want people to camp though, escpecially not thw surface. 

Ik wouldn't that scout prevent that? A 5+1 round clip that does say 40 or 45 damage sounds more like a long-range Deagle than a camping tool. With a fire rate of say 60 rpm as in the reference, I don't see that weapon as a camping tool and if anything would actually be a disincentive to camp. Is that assertion wrong?

space.png