Guest Some guy

My ZE concerns

Guest Some guy

So i play on the server alot and i always die to a 1000 mile knife from a zombie. 

Your hitboxes are complete trash, and i know im not the only one. When im defending from zombies im always a good distance away from the zombies but always happen to get knifed from a range that is incomprehensible. 

And also when im a zombie the 1000 mile knife range is non existent to me and its so bad that i have to be kissing there ass to even get a knife kill, whats even worse i knife a human and it makes the stabbing sound but doesn't register.  Hitboxes are horrible look into it.

Apart from the god awful hitboxes i noticed when im playing any map and everyone is running in a straight line up a long ramp im slower than most humans even on a flat surface without bhopping im still slower than all other humans. I mean its playable but these things are really trash knowing that i have this.

(I usually get 70-100 ping)

Broken server or fixable things ?

Posted  Edited by Elemental

Seems like a ping thing with long knives. I get where you're coming from but I don't think this is the server's fault. One reason for the long knives is when you are on a ramp, the zombies will seem further away than you think. A tip for this is to defend from the top of the ramp and keep a longer distance between you and the zombies. For the speed, you by default will always move the same speed as someone else, it could be possible that you are holding your pistol or primary, while the others are holding their knives. Another strategy to move faster besides bhopping could be the reason for your problem as well. It isn't as common or as well known as bhop, called strafe walking which gives users a slight edge when moving. It looks close to the same as normal walking which could be the source of your confusion. Hope this helps.

Edited by Elemental

For the part about ppl being faster than u on ramps, they might be strafe walking/running whatever its called Lul

As for the long knifes... rip lmfao tbh ive only ever been long knifed when i get lag spikes and shit

Thanks for the feedback.

1) Long knives can be due to ping issues, as for server side, we can try to reduce the chance of it happening by changing a ZR cvar

2) Are you holding a weapon while running? Switching to knife would be fastest. ORRR they could just be strafe walking

1 hour ago, xSnowyAngel said:

1) Long knives can be due to ping issues, as for server side, we can try to reduce the chance of it happening by changing a ZR cvar

Botox made a plugin to fix it on CSS.

1 hour ago, xSnowyAngel said:

ORRR they could just be strafe walking

I thought it didn't work on CS:GO or are you using a plugin for it?

Posted  Edited by xSnowyAngel
17 minutes ago, Malal said:

Botox made a plugin to fix it on CSS.

Thanks for reminding me it was BoToX /s, it was already implemented in ZR awhile ago, and that' s why i said "changing a ZR cvar" (If we're talking about the same thing)

17 minutes ago, Malal said:

I thought it didn't work on CS:GO or are you using a plugin for it?

A combination of stuffs

Edited by xSnowyAngel

For strafe walking all you need to do is look around 30 degrees to the left or to the right , then as your looking there hit your d key constantly while holding w (for looking left). If your looking right , hit your a key constantly while holding w. This should give a a slight boost of speed i think around 10. The original walking speed is 250 while strafing walking it should be giving 260 even tho it does not show on cs_showpos 1. 

the_test_to_time.png

6 hours ago, xSnowyAngel said:

(If we're talking about the same thing)

I'm not talking about

zr_infect_max_distance 

if that is what you are referring to

strafe walking is what I do all the time... and I really wail on my keyboard on the ramps where you can overtake people that dont know how to move other than bhopping... 

I can confirm if you are good you will be at 260+ Velocity. It does not register for some reason on your own cl_showpos 1 HUD, but if someone specs you in game it will register for them and they can tell you how fast you are going as you tweak your technique. 

I dont know if you can change any settings like you could back in the old days of 1.6 (Rate, cl_updaterate, cl_cmdrate) and if any of those things effect the game anymore (or similar commands in CSGO, but perhaps that is something to look at). 

Remember, how the game works is that you have a X,Y,Z location in the environment, and the models and what you see are rendered in relation so those data coordinates. Sometimes the location you are (X, Y, Z, and knife radius of say 10) puts you within range of someone else's knife, but their model is rendered in a location out of sync with their actual location according to the server. 

Another thing, make sure you are timing your knife attacks correctly. The animation you see is not a true representation of what is happening with regards to registration of a hit on another players hitbox. If they are outside of the knife range when you click (attack), and then as you are going through the knife swing animation they come in range, it can look like you are stabbing them but it is not having any effect... this is due to the fact when the server went to read if your attack occurred within knife range of the target's hitbox, it was not within parameters to register a "hit", but still kicked off the animation of the knife movement. This mostly happens when a player is running towards you.   

Remember, this is a game, and it tries to replicate what would happen IRL, but like most games it still falls way short (thank goodness, we would have so many blown Achilles tendons in this community from all the bhopping) ... 

Posted  Edited by Potti
17 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

sv_friction 4 is the default server setting for csgo. out of curiosity, how much does that effect strafe running? 

sv_friction 5.2 is default value

Edited by Potti

Posted  Edited by mikasa

from what i experienced, low fps can also reduce your movement speed as well. it happened to me everytime i got under 15 fps, having velocity around 250 with knife out but my teammates that isnt bhopping or strafe running move faster than me. how many fps do u get when u play ze? and also keep checking your loss / choke by typing net_graph 1 at console. make sure it always 0%.

Edited by mikasa

93896602_p0.jpg