Joshy

Clean up badges

The need for removing and consolidating some roles and badges have long existed, but the need has become more apparent with the changes in titles and some goals.

Some badges make very little sense to me such as:

• GFX Leader
  • eSports Competitor
  • Creative Leader
  • TS Manaager
  • Head Developer
  • Event Coordinator
  • PLEASE CHANGE MODERATION TO MODERATOR!!

Another thing I would do is consolidate the various Art of the Month and Story of the Month badges into one badge each (ie. one Art of the Month badge and one Story of the Month Badge).

ouvjdue.png

I'm personally still iffy about the Hall of Fame one.  I think this was a one time splurge on your favourites and it's not really a good incentive for your community  members.  I thought of this when I saw that thread:

2eee1-e1484114115388.jpg?fit=607,403

Team Leader badge kind of looks funky.  I'm wondering what people thought of it?  Do you guys like it?  I don't quite understand it too- I guess those who have it are like the equivalent Council/Staff?

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

2 hours ago, Joshy said:

Team Leader badge kind of looks funky.  I'm wondering what people thought of it?  Do you guys like it?  I don't quite understand it too- I guess those who have it are like the equivalent Council/Staff?

Katie did it, and yes, we are the equivalent of Council/Staff. At least those that were Council before.

2 hours ago, Joshy said:
  • GFX Leader
  • eSports Competitor
  • Creative Leader
  • TS Manaager
  • Head Developer
  • Event Coordinator

I brought that up quite some time ago, the answer was there is no need to remove it, just dont give it.

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit
2 hours ago, Joshy said:

I did the original set of badges, Katie probably got the psd file from Xy and created them. Xy wanted badges that would be considered new, though I could always create the same rectangle boxed look that all the other badges have, the gradient dark to light, grey-ish outline, and splat of color behind the letters.

Xy wanted something that said "GFL" on it.

Edited by TheSadBandit

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

It's possible that the old art leader roles are being kept encase if they choose to bring back the old name. It was originally supposed to be different leaders for media and art. So if they want it where there's3 leaders. Like one handle art side, the other handle the video part. But one handle the overall leaders...

@AverageDrink there was a role for head dev. It was probably renamed to something else. 

Most of the badges was created by someone else. The only thing that that changed was just the inner-design, basically the background.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

18 minutes ago, AverageDrink said:

??? 

You have the head dev role they kept them but they wouldn't give them out because they changed names for the original roles. That's what she tried to say.

Visit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

[Former] PVK Manager  Anarchy Admin 

Just now, Kite9867 said:

I also recommend changing how the badges look. Most seem similar but the Team Leader one is completely different from the rest.

It's like that because the newer ones have been getting that look for a more "GFL" look.

Visit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

[Former] PVK Manager  Anarchy Admin 

Posted  Edited by Joshy
8 hours ago, AverageDrink said:

There is no head dev badge buddy.... or I'd have it since I am dev lead.

CSsP2yk.png

I recommended removing it for that reason: These badges are redundant and are generally unused or have a sensible opportunity to consolidate.  Having them on the forums looks very sloppy and tacky, and the amount of work to remove them is probably very little.

Hrm.  Not receiving positive feedback on this suggestion.  Oh well...  can't win 'em all.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

7 hours ago, Joshy said:

LMFAO now there are two head developer badges.  This thread is so much win despite the lack of support ::D:  Thanks for the feedback guys.

I swear I tried looking for the other badge in acp and couldn't find it, gave him the one in there :c

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png