BOOMER

updates for Phase Turret

Posted  Edited by SCP-999

The phase turret has always interested me as a heavy duty statinonary weapon to use as a last resort if any enemies make it to gate A. But using it is obscenely difficult and i think it could use some improvements.

1) Instead of blindly moving it with the WASD and looking at a static-filled monitor, instead put the camera in the point of view of the turret to give a more accurate view of where the shooter is aiming. 

2) No updates to damage for the turret, its perfect in that regard. but maybe a slower warmup.

3) Give SCP-079 access to the turret, because it seems realistic that with control over all of the facility's system,  079 could control and fire the phase turret.

4) THIS IS AN EXTREME REACH. I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND IF THIS CANT HAPPEN. Mount the other two towers with turrets. Triple the fuckin lasers, hell yeah.

5) Disable freindly fire for the turret. During some Low Population hours ive noticed some people using the turret as a method of RDM, thinking its an excusable form of teamkill. 

6) Finally, disable 066, 173, 682, 999, 939, and 372 from the turret. they dont got no arms, they cant do shit.

-Boomer

Edited by SCP-999

1) I do approve of this one. Makes it much more easier to aim and hit opponents with.

2) Damage seems fine as well.

3) Makes sense. Wouldn't be opposed to the idea.

4) I doubt that'll happen. 

5) I don't know if that's possible.

6) More realism, the better, I guess. Doubt the players would focus on the turret anyways as one of those SCPs. 

These aren't bad ideas, and I'd think they would be good improvements to the turret. 

Signature..png

Posted  Edited by Mr Z

Well, the "Phase Turret" [H.I.D Turret] was only made for 106 from what i've read [Looking at the SCP CB Wiki [Where it is from]

1) I Agree with 1

2) I'd say more damage to 106 since its designed to take down 106

3) 079 should have control

4) You reach further then me and i want to stick to the original files

5) yes.

6) 173, 682, and 999 can control it if they want to, 173 is a stretch but if no one is watching him who says he can't use it, he can fucking open doors and snap necks which requires the moving of hands/arms, 682 can just grow some, 999 is goo so he could technically form a arm or go in it and control it.

UPDATE: Just found out that the H.I.D turret is actually a giant spotlight that focuses light to look like a laser, it is the hottest/brightest turret the foundation has, thats why it's made for 106, 106 is weak to light.

Edited by Mr Z

817658739_FlowerZ.thumb.png.5bf77aa140b61b74c725a98d32be45f8.png

image.png.47609d048ef327e928a296b5149734fb.png