Rena

Bring Back CS:GO Jailbreak

Bring back CS:GO Jailbreak?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the idea of Jailbreak returning to the community servers list?

It needs to be brought back just for all the Lockdown memes!:kappa:@King_Wailord @Aurelien

Former CS:GO Surf RPG Deathmatch EU/US Admin.

My Steam Profile

glitter weed emoticonFeel free to add me on Steam if you need to ask me something.

sig.php?player_id=2031453&background=1

Posted  Edited by Major_Push

I say this not to stir up trouble or anything like that, but does anyone know why the server died in the first place, or have any ideas?

And let's be civil about it, I hate it when people take my posts like this as an excuse to attack others personally. I recall the server being quite active at the start but then I stopped playing it due to my removal as admin and not wanting to reapply due to the fact I thought my demotion was unfair and quite disrespectful, so I don't know exactly what went wrong.

If I recall correctly, and I probably am not, it had to do with the lack of active admins? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

We need to learn from our mistakes, and figuring out what they were in the first place is the first step. 

Edited by Major_Push

"Be good people"

I think the server died because of personal problems between members, which lead them to stop playing and leave for other servers. The staff was also fairly inactive so that didn't help.

But if we know the exact root of the problem, we can prevent it from happening again.

original.gif

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Chef_
13 minutes ago, Major_Push said:

It had to do with the lack of active admins?

I may be wrong, but I never remember this being that much of an issue. IMO, one huge problem that caused people to lose interest in the server was the constant map crashing when the map was switched and all around bugs.

Edited by Chef_

2 minutes ago, Chef_ said:

I may be wrong, but I never remember this being that much of an issue. IMO, one huge problem that caused people to lose interest in the server was the constant map crashing when the map was switched and all around bugs.

I don't remember that strangely enough. Lol.

I'll admit it's been a while and my memory isn't the best though. One problem I did have was that a lot of the admins didn't seem to know the basic rules of JB from what I recall. I think that had more to do with the whole global admin thing that I was demoted for, even though I knew the rules pretty well at the time. 

"Be good people"

26 minutes ago, Major_Push said:

I'll admit it's been a while and my memory isn't the best though. One problem I did have was that a lot of the admins didn't seem to know the basic rules of JB from what I recall. I think that had more to do with the whole global admin thing that I was demoted for, even though I knew the rules pretty well at the time. 

That's kind of true. Sometimes they put the guidelines aside and went hand punishments their way (I've seen it happen a few times).

What Chef said was also true, the server had quite a few bugs that weren't fixed, which didn't make it very fun to play.

original.gif

Achievements

10 hours ago, RickGrimesTM said:

I'm willing to give it another chance especially with the new machine. I will have a talk later with Roy tonight about this.

I wouldn't mind giving it another shot on the new GMCHosting machine. However, I'm not really sure if we have the resources for it right now.

The newer machines come with less RAM (16 GBs compared to 64 GBs). Since we already have a few servers on the machine and plan to possibly put servers such as Rust and Squad on the machine (which can consume a lot of RAM), it would be best to wait to see how things go with the other servers first.

I personally feel there's a high chance the server won't succeed just due to how things are in CS:GO (I explain a lot of issues here). But honestly, it may be worth just running the illegal plugins Valve banned long ago with the CS:GO JailBreak server because Valve won't fix their terrible system, servers still use these to succeed, and these specific servers have a big advantage over servers like ours. And yes, I have tried contacting Valve about this and expressed the community's frustration. I was unfortunately ignored.

But yeah, if we do go with the JailBreak server (and there is a high chance if we have room), I don't mind running those plugins due to what I said above. With that said, I plan to make a major Reddit thread in the near future (future) and address concerns along with recommending my server browser suggestion. A very high chance Valve won't listen, but no harm in trying...

TL;DR - There is a high chance we can get the server back if the machine has room. However, we will have to wait to see because we have many servers on the machine and not as much RAM as our previous machines.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Lean said:

This is a controversial idea, but what about replacing that 1v1 server no one played on anymore. JB was closed for inactivity, so why not 1v1. The server should be completely wiped clean and new plugins installed to avoid the issues the other one suffered when new things were added and everything broke. 

Nothing is broken the server was simply never updated https://github.com/splewis/csgo-multi-1v1/issues/205 : )

update sourcemod to the latest 1.9 build pretty simple fix tbh.

Achievements

10 minutes ago, Lean said:

@rapperban I was referring to how the jailbreak server had so many outdated mods used in conjunction that the server broke, 1v1 is fine but noone plays it anymore.

I mean not like you can play on it as it does not get the attention it deserves when @skell said it went down this is what he ment.

Achievements