Rune

can't connect to server.

i got a little problem that i completely can't connect to Zombie Escape server. ( since end of september )

it's still appear and working fine on Favourite Server List but when i try to connect in-game, it's keep timed out no metter how many i tried. (´・ω・`)

then i check the actuall ping with cmd and the result is.

5bc273894165e_cmdpingcheck.png.ac97f73878f9165522106ef7bae65dbc.png

tenor.gif

I dont use forum a lot.

To make a fair guess, the packet your client was trying to send might has a chance been filter by either firewall devices installed in DC or other protection mechanics, since we recently under a massive qconnect attack.

If it's a false positive, it can be resolved by changing an ip address (Ironically I had the same issue while connecting to other csgo server, and their technician told me they're testing the flood protection plugin before i had the issue, so I solved it by connecting to a personal vpn then connect the server itself :) )

If you are interested why you can check the server status but cannot connect to the server, its quite easy because they are using the different protocol:

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Server_queries

An A2S_INFO query (Queries for server status like server name, current playing map, client slots status etc. ) has a significantly different packet structure than a C2S_Connect query (Queries for connecting to a server including user authentication, long-connection pre-handshake etc. ). All the anti-flood protection mechanics are based on detecting the packet structure to determine the legality of an incoming packet.

so would his IP block be one that is getting filtered by the server due to recent attacks? wouldnt that mean there is a chance the attackers are close to him geographically as I thought IP blocks have some sort or geographic distribution parameters.... I could 100% be talking out my bum right now as I have not been in networking for a loooonnngggg time, and even when I was I was shit at most of it. 

14 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

so would his IP block be one that is getting filtered by the server due to recent attacks? wouldnt that mean there is a chance the attackers are close to him geographically as I thought IP blocks have some sort or geographic distribution parameters.... I could 100% be talking out my bum right now as I have not been in networking for a loooonnngggg time, and even when I was I was shit at most of it. 

IP blocks have many things like direct ip, ip ranges, geolocation and isp

that's what I thought.... couldnt this information help us get closer to the source of the ddos attacks? they are both banned, so the server filter must be set to ban a certain range down to some level of the IP block..... so if they share the same IP details up to a certain point, that can get us much closer to identifying the source of the attacks.

at least I think maybe 

3 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

that's what I thought.... couldnt this information help us get closer to the source of the ddos attacks?

no

first of all thats pointless given you could just see the ip being used, secondly the ip being used isnt likely the real ip

ah, that's true, they are probably operating behind a VPN or spoofing the IP headers... i just need an enemy to attack.... my life is too quiet right now! and as far as I can tell im in anonymous and I want to unleash the Low Orbit Ion Cannon on someone/something!  

• 2 weeks later...

Try to contact your ISP and tell them that your CSGO can't connect to GFL ip address. This thing also happened to me when I changed to a new ISP and then they suggest me to make a VPN connection only for gaming. And it works.

93896602_p0.jpg

Posted  Edited by Rune
On 10/25/2018 at 6:02 AM, mikasa said:

Try to contact your ISP and tell them that your CSGO can't connect to GFL ip address. This thing also happened to me when I changed to a new ISP and then they suggest me to make a VPN connection only for gaming. And it works.

yesterday i finally can connect to server without VPN but the loss is absolutely unacceptable ( 30% loss ). when i restart my Connection, the server isn't respond at all, also i can't access some website like PSE forums ( but the donate site working fine ), well decided to play with VPN ( Singapore ) for now.

Edited by Rune

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, Rune said:

yesterday i finally can connect to server without VPN but the loss is absolutely unacceptable ( 30% loss ). when i restart my Connection, the server isn't respond at all, also i can't access some website like PSE forums ( but the donate site working fine ), well decided to play with VPN ( Singapore ) for now.

Assuming it's your ISP blocking it

https://github.com/ValdikSS/GoodbyeDPI

23 hours ago, Malal said:

Assuming it's your ISP blocking it

https://github.com/ValdikSS/GoodbyeDPI

this is the biggest possibility. my thought is your current ISP probably working on fixing the overseas server since the end of september until now.

93896602_p0.jpg