Doomnack

The Slow Burn Sloth (SCP-2774)

Posted  Edited by Doomnack

Well, I guess its that time of year again to get spooky.

And what's more spooky than sloths?

Well, a lot of things.

Skeletons perhaps.

But what about spooky sloths?

image.png.62cabc7923a1258da0602fc3ae8fb3e4.png

(Custom Screenshot)

YOU ARE SCP-2774

You are a humanoid-like sloth entity.

You are capable of controlling the victims you target.

People who view you are continously slowed down, and you will be notified.

Engage the helpless and take them under your will.

Stats:

Health: 1500 ( + 100 for each infected)

Attack Cool Down: 0.5 seconds

Special Cool Down: 60 seconds

Speed: Normal Walking Speed

Controls:

When not possessing a player:

LMB (attack): "Infect"

RMB (special): Possess Selected Infected

R: Cycle through Selected Infected Option

image.thumb.png.c7b16457f20cbbc09e59faf3d43dfc58.png

Description:

SCP-2774 rapidly slows down the people that view him.

Looking away will slowly decrease the slowness until you can move normally.

Use doors to evade his grasp before its too late.

(Max slowness is the speed of normal 682)

SCP-2774 can "infect" victims using LMB.

Infected players are now subject to being controlled by SCP-2774.

Each time SCP-2774 infects a player, he will briefly turn invisible and invulnerable for 5 seconds. During which, he cannot attack other players, but can get away or sneak up on other players to attack after the 5 seconds have passed.

SCP-2774 earns 100 health each time he successfully infects a person.

Once SCP-2774 has at least one infected person, he can choose to control a selected one.

SCP-2774 can cycle through the possible options of infected people, and select the one he chooses.

People "possessed" by SCP-2774 are completely controlled by the person playing SCP-2774.

SCP-2774 can use the host to kill others of his own team members, or utilize the items he has for escaping and stuff. They are also temporarily allied with SCPs until the possession ends.

(SCP-2774's username and team will signify that he is controlling the host; People killed by the host will be notified that they were killed by the person playing 2774 and not the host itself.)

Possession only lasts for a maximum of 30 seconds. After which, the host will no longer be controlled by SCP-2774, but can be infected again once the special cooldown is over.

SCP-2774's possession does NOT affect the health of the host, and the host will retain whatever health they had prior to possession.

If the host dies during possession, then SCP-2774 will forcibly exit possession mode.

When possession mode ends SCP-2774 will return to where he was before possession.

When a host takes damage SCP-2774 will also take damage as a whole too. To reinforce his health, the actual SCP-2774 gets 100+ HP for each infected person.

image.thumb.png.3f517e08f00711938935a26c7d349a2f.png

Put images in to "spice" up the topic. The model used in the pictures isn't really the actual model. It's a resized version of this addon below:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740001017

This doesn't include a playermodel, but if you could rig one that would be amazing. Possibly make it black and white for extra spookiness.

"Thanks, and have fun."

Oh yeah it's self advertising time.

As much as I want SCP-2774 to be in the game, also check out my other suggestion SCP-1048. He's a chill teddy.

image.thumb.png.1f118e623fbb9fe59dc4abc7c5181cc4.png

https://gflclan.com/forums/topic/32138-scp-1048-1048-a-and-1048-c-updated/

Edited by Doomnack

-1 I love the concept, I truly do, but my only big problem is that this SCP is gonna be have to be super rare as in almost 1% chance this scp will spawn. The stats and even the some of the powers of this SCP will have to be nerfed. Some of these things will be listed below.

1. The reinforcement. He can choose to infect people, but this will also be a problem since he will be basically grinding health all the time. He be much like 106, who used to be able to regenerate health by getting people, but ultimately got removed. Either one, his health reduces by a lot and he gets this power or two, remove the 100+ health bonus for infecting people entirely.

2.When the host dies, the possession ends. No, I find this as an SCP who can intentionally let the host die, and live afterwards. It can let someone get their round taken and immediately die or just lose all their items since the SCP has full control. This SCP can intentionally THROW items away to an area they cannot reach or just a place that would leave to certain death. This SCP can move to other SCP's and get them killed right away when they lose the possession. There is so many loopholes in this SCP that can get abused right away that people will pleed and beg for it to be removed. Either one, it gets removed, or two, the possession effects only THE SCP's HEALTH takes damage, so the other person doesn't suffer from death of the possession.

3.The Special. I feel like the selection is a nice addition, but ultimately, no. I feel it should be random, so people can't pick MTF or a person they know has a gun. It should be random, much like picking a lottery. It can be abused by infecting an MTF and than murder all the MTF with almost 0 consequences because they are controlling some random dude.

4.The Slowness, he is already op as he is with the possession and normal walking speed. The slowness should be removed entirely due to the fact that this person is gonna infect a lot of people. Prime examples such as 049 and 610 infecting people, but not needed slowness to infect people. (2521 is excluded since he has low health, cannot regenerate health, and the fact he isn't very fast, and needs to get close)

There is probably a lot more and I think you should fix up some parts of this. This SCP seems just a bit too op and needs some sort of balance and fix ups for this to actually work well. I would talk about the fixes more itself, but that would be pretty much be an essay. This is just my opinion on the matter, so don't take it to heart.

Number 15. Infinity War Spoilers. The last thing you want is Infinity War Spoilers, but that's what you might get.

Posted  Edited by Doomnack

Well that's alot to take in, but I won't disregard your words to develop my suggestion. I do appreciate feedback!

Might rewrite this. I knew that since my description seemed a lil' long that something was off. The SCP at this point is kinda' like an OP mash of 1471 and 2521.

I do plan on keeping the "possession" thing. Most of the points stated in number 2 are intended results. It's an SCP, its suppose to disrupt the intended flow that human classes want to retain throughout the round, but possession will not be excused from being nerfed. I will highly influence my rewrite based on the the flaws you pointed out, and some nerfs I want to add.

The slow thing was going to be the cherry on top, but is already too much considering everything else the SCP does. Main purpose was to make the player feel helpless as this giant sloth approached them. The slow thing will probably be removed or changed into an entirely different thing.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Doomnack