Vanya

Server Location -- An official announcement

Posted  Edited by Vanya

Hello everyone.

Over the last couple weeks we have received countless messages and replies from all of you regarding this new server location. All of this input and feedback is more than appreciated and welcome by all of us since in the end it helps to steer the server into a direction where hopefully everyone or at least a vast majority of you can be ok with.

However, there is one question that has been in everyone's mind and mouth because we haven't been able to give a proper answer to it, and we're happy to say that we can now give one.

"When are we moving the server to the United States?"

After deciding it with the Head Admin team altogether, we're happy to announce that the final decision of whether or not we're moving the server will be announced and will take place on Saturday November 3rd, 2018.

We'd like to give this server location 2 more weeks (as of this post being written) of testing just to see if really anything positive can be squeezed out of it.

Along with you guys, we also often check and notice how has this UK location impacted us in terms of playerbase, overall quality of the server, etcetera. Many of you have been neutral with this change, others showed genuine discontent and displeasure with this location, and while we understand from where are you guys coming with the stuff you have pointed out we would still like to test UK just for a little bit longer. If by the end of these two weeks we deem this location as not worth it and that no real change can come out of it in the future, then we will move the server back to the United States on the day mentioned above (or possibly Sunday, but it won't take longer than that weekend).

Why 2 weeks? 

We wanted to give this new location a fair try at seeing what could it do for us, on November 3rd a full month will have passed since we merged back with GFLClan.com and also since we opened the server in the UK, a month should be a good enough time margin to truly see if the results achieved were what we wanted or not.

We wanted to lay this down to you guys as well since it's only fair that you know what are we aiming for in regards of a time limit, and now that we have finally decided on a deadline we thought it'd be the perfect time to make this announcement. This thread is here to inform you about this and also to let you add more input into this whole matter.

Things to remember/recap:

• The United States server will be hosted in Dallas, Texas.
  • Asian players should have slightly lower ping, and all NA players will have much lower ping compared to what they currently have. (Some Asia players may get higher ping though)
  • European players will see a larger ping increase from what they originally had in GFLClan.ru (because server is hosted South-West of the US as opposed to Canada)
  • Moving the server back shouldn't take too long, so it's possible that on that very same day we may be back in the US.

See you on November 3rd, 2018.

Edited by Vanya

As I said in the other thread, I had 250+ ping when the servers were hosted in the United States. I am from South Asia. When you guys recently moved them to UK, I was getting around 150 ms latency. However, I didn't feel any kind of change in my gameplay with a lower ping. It was the same as before. But oh well.....

Well i had around 130-160 ping on the UK server.

Now that you guys are gonna change it to Texas (i thought it would be chicago for some reason)

I'm guessing I'll have above 270+ in Texas (which is more than the Chicago one)

i guess I'm gonna have to adjust to it -_-

If you want to see what ping you'd get to the Dallas, TX location, feel free to ping 208.103.169.72. I allowed pings through the firewall so that should work.

You can do this with the following command on Windows Command Prompt or Linux:

ping 208.103.169.72

Thanks.

Pinging 208.103.169.72 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 208.103.169.72: bytes=32 time=46ms TTL=51
Reply from 208.103.169.72: bytes=32 time=43ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 208.103.169.72:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 43ms, Maximum = 46ms, Average = 43ms

Posted  Edited by Malal
On 10/22/2018 at 5:23 AM, OxideTM said:

As I said in the other thread, I had 250+ ping when the servers were hosted in the United States. I am from South Asia. When you guys recently moved them to UK, I was getting around 150 ms latency. However, I didn't feel any kind of change in my gameplay with a lower ping. It was the same as before. But oh well.....

calling pakistan south asia is like calling mexico north america

sure youre technically correct but in the same way calling Israel or Turkey asia is technically correct

On 10/22/2018 at 10:18 AM, Roy said:

If you want to see what ping you'd get to the Dallas, TX location, feel free to ping 208.103.169.72. I allowed pings through the firewall so that should work.

You can do this with the following command on Windows Command Prompt or Linux:

ping 208.103.169.72

Thanks.

s6sG.png

s6sD.png

To compare to CSGO ZE

s6c2.png

Edited by Malal

Posted  Edited by bAka

Damn this is unfortunate.. I was playing pretty good on this new UK server, 30-50ping all day all night.. 

Now..
    Minimum = 141ms, Maximum = 142ms, Average = 141ms

Edited by bAka

Posted  Edited by Backy
20 hours ago, bAka said:

Damn this is unfortunate.. I was playing pretty good on this new UK server, 30-50ping all day all night.. 

Now..
    Minimum = 141ms, Maximum = 142ms, Average = 141ms

That's good ping bruh

Anyone who still hasn't given their feedback on the NA location and wishes to do so, please share your opinion in the thread found here. A decision will be made very shortly, and we will get back to you all likely before the proposed Nov 3rd deadline.

Edited by Backy

1 hour ago, Ninja Chris said:

The UK and US are third world countries full of beta cucks. Move it to Australia.

Move it from a third world shithole with bad internet to a third world shithole with worse internet

Posted  Edited by rapperban

ScNYgez5T4u9XUPk-MjpcA.png

I've seen worse

from NJ if anyone needs the info

could be denver

have a ping off the csgo ze server

PyoZzKuGQheLsrJtRWeczQ.png

the above is a chicago hub.

Edited by rapperban

Achievements

Copied over from Discord announcements: 

We will begin moving the server to the Dallas, Texas location soon either tonight or early tomorrow. This will be handled at Xy's discretion. He will post an announcement once he begins the transfer. Once it is complete, we will announce it formally on the forums. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this second location change may cause in it's transition period coming soon. We also apologize for the initial surprise location change, but we will explain our reasonings for giving it a try in the coming announcement.

Posted  Edited by Guest

Is the Canada server permanent for now? Or will we eventually switch over to the Dallas one?

Edited by Guest

12 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Is the Canada server permanent for now? Or will we eventually switch over to the Dallas one?

I'm unsure if the Canada location will be permanent. That'll be up to the head admins, but I do believe they would prefer this location over Dallas because it has better pings for Europe players if I remember correctly. If we do end up wanting to move to the Dallas location, we'll have to make room for CS:S Zombie Escape on the GMCHosting machine if we do switch over which shouldn't be a big deal. Unfortunately, that machine comes with only 16 GBs of RAM.

We ended up not cancelling our GS04 machine in Montreal, Canada since we're using it for other servers. Towards the bright side, it has a stronger processor and more RAM than the other machines (Intel i7-7700K OC'ed to 4.7 GHz compared to Intel i7-4970K @ 4.0 GHz).

Thanks.