Flops

How to improve GFL's broken map system

Tbh we could easily deal with 4 spammers by changing ‘No Vote’ to 4 lmfao

Then 4 spammers wouldnt be voting at all, then perhaps we could add 0 for the lost number at 4

I’d also keep 1 as ‘No Vote’ as well for the sick fucks like me who are used to spamming 1 when idc about the vote

I used to be very sick of these 4 spammers, but now I dont care about it anymore. But at least lemme suggest something about this. The only choice to reduce 4 spammer is make extend to 4 or no vote then followed by extend map. Why? Because player behaviour plays a major role in this problem. I do play on other csgoze server other than GFL, mostly on PSE (I used to play on RSS and Mapeadores but now they are sucks) and I feel a lot of difference between PSE and GFL.

Even in PSE, I feel only a little difference between their old voting system and the new one (press 8 first and then choose map) since the first time I play there a years ago. Most of the time, they won't change the map until the map is finished or unless they dont really stand a chance to beat it. Just like Naraka said, Japanese player known for they tryhard behaviour although most of them are lack in English. When they died because of traps, boss attack, zombie, etc I rarely saw badmouthing or influencing us by force on mic/chat to rtv.

93896602_p0.jpg

Posted  Edited by GoGo

Why not make the map vote after the current map is over?
kinda like this: (i have seen a ze sv using that that system some years ago)
Résultat de recherche d'images pour "garry's mod map vote"

Edited by GoGo

10 hours ago, GoGo said:

1: csgo doesnt support that

2: then you cant vote to extend

3: i prefer voting on the map before it ends so i can decide if i want to stay or leave

On 11/1/2018 at 8:18 PM, GoGo said:

kinda like this: (i have seen a ze sv using that that system some years ago)
Résultat de recherche d'images pour "garry's mod map vote"

i havent see any go ze server implement this type of map voting. providing thumbnail may help the players a little to be careful in determining the next map, and also will solve the 4 spam problem. but again, this will be hard to implement unless we can do something about panorama map voting system and change the map list to ze maps.

93896602_p0.jpg

What about 4 = no vote

then 1 = extend/dont change

4 is spammed over 1 cause its an easier reach so if extend is changed to 1 then people will be happy for knowing what button to press for extend, and the likeliness for boring maps to be overextended due to mindless spamming is limited

Possible win/win situation???

22 hours ago, Onahole said:

What about 4 = no vote

then 1 = extend/dont change

4 is spammed over 1 cause its an easier reach so if extend is changed to 1 then people will be happy for knowing what button to press for extend, and the likeliness for boring maps to be overextended due to mindless spamming is limited

Possible win/win situation???

that would literally just make it worse if 1 was a vote and not no vote

why do you think 1 was made no vote in the first place

Its literally just easier to spam 4

1 spam may have been a problem in the past, but thats probably cause the vote options were 1-5 or whatever so they just chose the first option that provided a map

Im saying 1 -> extend/dont change / 2.../3.../ 4-> no vote / 5-9 maps

If 5 spam becomes the next problem then yea, this is a useless idea, with the only alternative being the randomized map votes for each individual. 

But if 1 spam becomes the next issue then i dont see a problem since over extending a map is far better than changing a map that's only halfway done cause you can literally just type RTV in chat if you dont like the map, and if people are not RTV'ing the map then maybe theyre having fun with it and wanna stick around ???????

Posted  Edited by hotEvercLear

I will say it again... only solution that can be implemented (at least I dont think this will break the plugins/ZE mode)

4 - no vote

(Randomize these slots as well) 

5 - Extend

6 - Nominated Map / Random

7 - Nominated Map / Random

8 - Nominated Map / Random

9 - Nominated Map / Random

If the majority of the people 4 spam, their votes count for nothing. only the people who take the time, or care to take the time, to deliberately look and vote will impact what map is played next, or if the current map is extended. 

Keep the alert in chat for !revote as an option, and be done with it and enjoy the fact there is no better solution, and no one can ever complain about (insert number here) spam again. 

Edited by hotEvercLear

Posted  Edited by Vauff

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but before 4 spam we just had something called 2 spam instead. Back before we added the text about voting taking up slots 3-4 the first map choice would show up on 2. There are always going to be a lot of people who default to the first map choice in the list (even if the no vote option exists) because they want to be a part of the vote even if they aren't educated on the options, changing the number the first map starts on won't change that behaviour.

One thing that comes to mind is maybe moving "no vote" to slot 3 and having the voting info text use slots 1-2 instead. I don't think this is going to completely solve the problem (as I explained above), but I think it can be an improvement because as it stands right now the no vote option is fairly separated from the rest of the choices, and when people skim to the bulk of the choices available they don't immediately see the no vote option as a part of that group and may brush it off if quickly voting.

Edited by Vauff

I like that idea of moving novote to 3

But since ppl are looking for the first map option we could also try labelling no vote as ze_no_vote :omegalul:

For real tho, imo i still think a static extend/dont change is better than a randomized one, until a randomized vote for each individual is created atleast

5 hours ago, Onahole said:

For real tho, imo i still think a static extend/dont change is better than a randomized one, until a randomized vote for each individual is created atleast

I have been told this is not possible with the current plugins... but would be the ultimate fix. 

On 11/6/2018 at 10:02 PM, Onahole said:

Its literally just easier to spam 4

Yet no one spammed it before 4 was the first option

On 11/6/2018 at 10:02 PM, Onahole said:

But if 1 spam becomes the next issue then i dont see a problem since over extending a map is far better than changing a map that's only halfway done cause you can literally just type RTV in chat if you dont like the map, and if people are not RTV'ing the map then maybe theyre having fun with it and wanna stick around ???????

I'd rather not overextend a map we beat or don't want to play anymore, sure you can rtv but you need more people to vote rtv than people who voted extend and you still have to play for extra time

Posted  Edited by DUSTY

RTV triggers freeze@all for 5 seconds so people running away from zombies aren't annoyed by the vote box and look at the options. Profit

We can also fuck with laser fags so why is this not implemented yesterday? I kid cause if we rtv it doesn't really matter at that point we're done here.

Edited by DUSTY

16 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

I have been told this is not possible with the current plugins... but would be the ultimate fix. 

It is possible, it would just take effort and knowledge to make a large edit to the plugin instead of mindlessly copy pasting the source code.

The edit PSE made is the best there is so far to reduce the amount of randomly spammed votes.

I'm not sure if SHUFEN shares his plugins with GFL or if they just pay for them, but I'm sure one more PSE plugin couldn't possibly hurt. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"[pS] Stop Weapon Sounds" (3.0) by GoD-Tony + SHUFEN from POSSESSION.tokyo
"Body Colors" (1.0 CS:GO) by SHUFEN from POSSESSION.tokyo edited by Snowy
"[ZR] Force Teams" (1.1) by SHUFEN from POSSESSION.tokyo
"[pS] CS:GO Fixes" (1.0) by SHUFEN + PerfectLaugh from POSSESSION.tokyo
"[pS] "trigger_push" Fixes" (1.0) by SHUFEN from POSSESSION.tokyo
"Reserved Slot" (1.0) by SHUFEN from POSSESSION.tokyo + based on BotoX
"Panorama Fix" (1.0) by SHUFEN from POSSESSION.tokyo
"Advanced StopMusic with Volume Control" (2.2) by Mitch & SHUFEN from POSSESSION.tokyo & Multi lang by Yuna & New Methods by PerfectLaugh from POSSESSION.tokyo & Testing by CrazyKid, minor edit by Snowy
"[pS] CS:GO Particle System Fixes" (2.2) by SHUFEN from POSSESSION.tokyo
"[pS] Prevent Napalm Lag CS:GO" (1.5) by SHUFEN from POSSESSION.tokyo
"Zombie:Reloaded" (3.1 pS Mod - Light Edition) by Greyscale | Richard Helgeby | SHUFEN from POSSESSION.tokyo
"ZR Buy Module CS:GO GFL Edition" (1.0) by SHUFEN from POSSESSION.tokyo
"entWatch" (3.7.3 CS:GO) by Prometheum & zaCade. Edits: George & Obus & BotoX & SHUFEN from POSSESSION.tokyo, Snowy (added discord integration)
10 minutes ago, DUSTY said:

RTV triggers freeze@all for 5 seconds so people running away from zombies aren't annoyed by the vote box and look at the options. Profit

We can also fuck with laser fags so why is this not implemented yesterday?

This is a joke right?

40 minutes ago, DUSTY said:

Just thinking outside the box because this current back-and-forth about just switching some numbers has been real productive.

I guess anything's better than the back-and-fourth number changes that haven't done much.

It's just that forcing in game stuff like freezing players will break everything and rounds will be impossible.