HackingPotato

[CSGO] Jailbreak Suggestion Thread

Alright let me know what maps ghosts are colliding on and what they're colliding with, I can manually edit it. Will take me long :/

11 minutes ago, denros said:

I tried once to take off collisions from ghosts but I guess it still having issues. Kinda hard cause if I took all collisions off from ghosts then it would be kinda useless as you would just be noclipping around. 

Only work around I can think of is to glow ghost players in a colour and let alive players see them and make a rule that ghosts cannot interfere with alive player events. Make it so ghost is supporter+ only perk too so we don't have so many of them which is what servers like TangoWorldWide do.

@Leks what do you think?

I feel as a last resort you could make being a ghost member+ but otherwise it sounds like a really bad idea

Achievements

6 minutes ago, PurpleExod said:

I feel as a last resort you could make being a ghost member+ but otherwise it sounds like a really bad idea

No.

rudepog.PNG.3a1c25f3009ab8e9219ba200ef1a01a5.PNG

Posted  Edited by MrManslayerX

I don't see what the harm is in making it a member+ perk.
That way it'll draw more people into applying for membership, for a perk that's otherwise completely harmless and affords no certain advantages.
That, and ANYONE can apply for member. So, again, what's the harm?
It just makes them go an extra step to show they care enough about GFL to apply for member, as well.

...... All that said, I really think we just need to have a way to deal with ghosts. Mitigate the need to limit it and nip the issue in the bud.
Remember. The best way to deal with an issue is to tackle it at its core, not deal with the side affects or skirt around it.

I propose maybe adding the ability to do ghost-kicks and bans.

Edited by MrManslayerX

What about allowing wardens to disable ghosts for a round or for a couple of minutes. Seems like the best solution.

13 minutes ago, denros said:

What about allowing wardens to disable ghosts for a round or for a couple of minutes. Seems like the best solution.

Sounds good. Another idea is adding 1 minute extra time as a warden to be able to finish a mini game before an LR.

Achievements

Actually, disabling ghosts during LR would be splendid. If it automatically disables, I believe that would be the best solution. Although, maybe making it member+ would also be nice. Let me think on this subject.

yeah.gif

Posted  Edited by TomRiddle

Make the ghosts spectatable/commandable? So the admins can see who it is and deal with them accordingly? Not sure if this is even possible but just a thought

Edited by TomRiddle

giphy.webpgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

Achievements

Posted  Edited by MrManslayerX

I have to agree with Denros' idea of making it so Warden can disable ghosts... But ALSO have it so that admins can do ghost bans/kicking them out of ghost.
Having these would bypass the need for anything else, like disabling it during LR, or timer disabling it, or having to restrict it to certain players.

Post-Edit:

51 minutes ago, TomRiddle said:

Make the ghosts spectatable/commandable?

That's what I mean. Have it so you can kick people off or ban them from ghost.

Edited by MrManslayerX

I feel like people don't use this command very often due to it's obnoxious for some on how it is used? I think it's quite a handy little command especially for the new event system that's in place and will help a lot more than people would think, at least that's my opinion on it, posting on here so it doesn't get buried in the admin chat.

DankeIMG_0148.thumb.PNG.6f9d765317b021a8f3dc82afd2b7d382.PNG

giphy.webpgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

Achievements

• 4 weeks later...

Have better system for warden, maybe have a random one chosen right after the current dies, that way everyone does not freak out for 5 seconds

Former CSGO JB Admin

Former PVK Manager

Former Old CS:GO Jailbreak Event Coord

DO NOT BREAK THE LAW

Darkling.PNG.436ebf93eef74dd2d4b9bc646796716f.PNG

I feel we need to add some new system to make solitarys have a use on maps like obama, peanut, and other maps, maybe  pardon system where if someone rebels the warden can say, come back for (x) time in solitary, where they can then have a freeday inside solitary, not playing games for that ammount of time, once that time is up, they have a normal day, just a suggestion I thought would be cool to make solitarys more useful

Achievements

12 minutes ago, PurpleExod said:

I feel we need to add some new system to make solitarys have a use on maps like obama, peanut, and other maps, maybe  pardon system where if someone rebels the warden can say, come back for (x) time in solitary, where they can then have a freeday inside solitary, not playing games for that ammount of time, once that time is up, they have a normal day, just a suggestion I thought would be cool to make solitarys more useful

definitely a no-go. Making someone sit in a place for a lot of time just drives people away from the server, plus the actual task of getting prisoner to the solitary is a lot.

1 hour ago, LAw said:

Have better system for warden, maybe have a random one chosen right after the current dies, that way everyone does not freak out for 5 seconds

If we implement that, it will choose someone who gets no idea he is warden and everyone will freak out for more than 5 seconds, including warden.

yeah.gif