Doomnack

Possible 939 Re-disguise mechanic?

To those of us who have played 939 before, ever got shot early within the round, losing your disguise and basically screwing up the rest of the round for yourself? Caught yourself in crossfire and now you're basically being hunted down by MTF? Did that one player "accidentally" shoot you again?

This is a very simple suggestion, just want to know what people think.

So, in 939's original article, SCP-939 basically "takes" voices by forcibly ripping your vocal chords out of your throat. Ouch. This information is redacted in the article, however if you dig deep enough, you'll find that older versions of the article actual have this information. The original author also confirmed that this is how SCP-939, in-lore, actually functioned. Basically, getting mauled by 939 means that there is one more big red gecko that sounds like you in the world now. Hooray. Speaking out of game, the way you sound can determine a lot of things, like your personality, maybe even your identity.

And as much as people don't know that SCP-939 actually reproduces asexually (I don't know why I just told you that), many people disregard that SCP-939 constantly exhales that one hazardous amnestic, called AMN-C227 on the wiki. This amnestic essentially gives a sense of "deja-vu" to the people who inhale it, making their surroundings seem much more familiar and even harmless than they actually are. This stuff can make you pet 939 right between its mincers if you're not careful.

I personally think that this amnestic is the only thing that makes 939 in-game make sense, because 939 doesn't visually morph into its victims, it imitates their voices. However, the amnestic makes you believe, visually and audibly, that the researcher that pretends to be your friend was really just Mark Zuckerberg this whole time. Like I said before, now you are seemingly physically changing your identity. In these lizards, their voices can influence how their perceived, as anybody who on their heavy amnestic drug won't think twice when they are asked to follow them into the woods. It's a perfect lure tactic.

Alright, that's enough 939 history channel documentary for today. What does that have to do with anything?

Well, to those of you who (hopefully) read the title, consider yourself Steven Hawking because you just pieced together the hardest puzzle in the world. Yes, I'm proposing that SCP-939 can redisguise itself after each kill. This may seem crazy, but I'll try my best to cool off any tensions from that one statement.

SCP-939 are one of those SCPs that don't start with a lot of health. This is assumingly because the devs rely on your first and only disguise to guide you throughout the game. In-game, this doesn't happen very often. You'll likely get shot first by a variety of ways, most popular are the ones I listed before. Guards will get sus when they see you hanging out with your other big and invincible lizard pals, and especially in the endgame, the fact that you'll be one of the only researchers who doesn't decide to carry any items throughout the entire game looks really suspicious. Then comes that dreaded moment when guards do 939 checks, and tell you to equip weapons. Too bad lizards don't have arms. Even if you do keep the disguise, think about it, it's not very interesting playing as a researcher who cannot pickup items throughout most of the round.

This is where the cool thingy of coolness happens.

So what if you were able to redisguise after every kill? You'll be able to morph into your victims, hiding yourself to guards if they are trying to hunt you down. Well, you'll obviously be detectable if they notice that two people somehow manage to have the same voice with their mics, but whatever, just be sneaky.

Anyways, here's the actual stuff.

YOU ARE SCP-939

You are part of a group of predatory, pack-based organisms, capable of imitating the "voices" of your consumed prey.

You are initially disguised as a researcher. However, after every kill you will be redisguised as your last victim.

Taking damage will remove your disguise, leaving you vulnerable to others.

You can "shed" your disguise at will, allowing you to attack other players.

Everything else for 939 stays relatively the same. Maybe a slight health boost, but that's all that is needed.

To make it so you don't have to literally beg for other classes to shoot you so you can attack, you may also "shed" your disguise by pressing R. Since you can't attack with your disguise on, this will make it so you'll be able to efficiently take out other classes when needed.

This may seem overpowered, essentially, but even the mystery gang can find out who 939 is after they just ate someone right infront of them. MTF squadrons who hunt 939 can catch a glimpse of this activity in action, and that might not be the best outcome if you want to stay hidden as 939.

Also note, when being redisguised, you'll get the actual playermodel of your victim. Have fun hiding as MTF if you're lucky enough, though they might have second thoughts of working with you, considering you'll act as the only unit who cannot use guns.

Well, that's basically it. I personally think that 939 is just slightly uninteresting to play as, and it would be more accurate to the actual wiki if it could redisguise itself. Please tell me what you think.

Posted  Edited by Mr Z

In my opinion 939 should have his disguise removed and just a change your name color and name to the person you last ate, more simple and less complex and still sticks to lore somewhat, but if this gets added it'd be a nice update to the boring difficult annoying 939.

+1

Edited by Mr Z

817658739_FlowerZ.thumb.png.5bf77aa140b61b74c725a98d32be45f8.png

image.png.47609d048ef327e928a296b5149734fb.png