mario_the_man

"Missing Map"

I have had this issue several times before, but never in GFL. But today, while trying to get on the US Murder server, it gave me this message

20181112173303_1.thumb.jpg.f1ab70514ad01ac2b929d0296e72afd8.jpg

It usually solves itself, but I want a more immediate fix(I'm also an admin there, so it would be important that I can actually play on the server)

Anyone know how to solve this?

go into your maps folder find the map with the same name delete it and go back the the server.

chances are it will be a .bsp file not 100% with Gmod though :L

it is a .bsp file just looked at the error message or screen capture :L

my file paths may be a tad bit wonky but you will have the same end path point which is gmod maps folder

5sWqMLW6RtCIXXFcNrf0vQ.png

find the same file name that it says you are missing and simply delete it this issue is generally caused by a map with the same name that is reworked in some fashion and many people have an older version or a different version of the same map that has been reworked in some fashion or another.

you could type clue in the search bar once you are in there to find that key word.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

20 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

go into your maps folder find the map with the same name delete it and go back the the server.

chances are it will be a .bsp file not 100% with Gmod though :L

it is a .bsp file just looked at the error message or screen capture :L

The problem is, there ISN'T an md_clue.bsp. Looked in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\download\maps and didn't find it.

9 minutes ago, mario_the_man said:

The problem is, there ISN'T an md_clue.bsp. Looked in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\download\maps and didn't find it.

lol is it really that age old fastdl issue...

nice period though :L

if no one can play that server on that map thanks for the report this helps a lot.

just double checking you are talking about the UK murder server not the US one right?

because as far as ik we don't have a US murder server.

@mario_the_man

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

3 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

nice period though :L

if no one can play that server on that map thanks for the report this helps a lot.

rip fastdl, guess that answers the question

1 hour ago, rapperdan said:

because as far as ik we don't have a US murder server.

we have one

as you can see it's definitely well taken care of and not neglected or anything

md_clue could be conflicted from one of your add-ons.

Try to see if this thread can help ya. Someone else had the same problem and hell I did too. I used to have problem connecting to even csgo servers because of a map that doesn't even exist. It could be an add-on.

https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/113555/garrys-mod-missing-map-map-mapname

Try all these options and let us know if any of it worked or don't work.

Edited by Bae

Achievements

2 minutes ago, Winter said:

we have one

as you can see it's definitely well taken care of and not neglected or anything

lol why is it not on the server list or the list of servers under the gmod section that should be handled thanks for addressing this.

Achievements

Just now, rapperdan said:

lol why is it not on the server list or the list of servers under the gmod section that should be handled thanks for addressing this.

because yknow it's so well taken care of it doesn't even need to be on the server list because of how popular it is :omegalul:

anyway yeah i requested it a few times but nobody's changed anything so i'll request it again

• Winner 1

You should've put this in the murder section so I actually got notified it was made

ANYWAY

There's like 10 ppl on it's all working fine for them, check your game files. Delete mu_clue or md_clue (or maybe even ttt_clue) and try again. I believe it's something to do with your files.

It's either that or

1 hour ago, rapperdan said:

whatever this is that I was never informed about

1 minute ago, Zero_ said:

You should've put this in the murder section so I actually got notified it was made

ANYWAY

There's like 10 ppl on it's all working fine for them, check your game files. Delete mu_clue or md_clue (or maybe even ttt_clue) and try again. I believe it's something to do with your files.

It's either that or

whatever this is that I was never informed about

Might be ttt_clue, I'll delete that and find out

1 minute ago, Zero_ said:

Nevermind I'm an idiot.

Reconnect, should be fixed now.

oof

1 minute ago, mario_the_man said:

Might be ttt_clue, I'll delete that and find out

also I apparently don't have ttt_clue, was sure I played on it before but ok