reduct

Map Modifier Plugin [UPDATED]

21 hours ago, ReivaX said:

When you vote for mm in a map, is it the desired outcome for players, who received fall nades instead of vip or 50k knife to then spam for the !undomm before voting a different one. 

I don't know whether you mind this or not, but it was the case on mako earlier today. To combat this you could set one mode for the map, so even if they voted mm again it would be the same as the original. 

This may be considered exploiting the system, as i said i am unsure of where your opinions lie.

In the next update to this plugin, the players will only be able to get a succesful !votemm once and if they undo it, it'll no longer be available. 

9 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

there has been some confusion about this in server. 

Some people are very adamant on mic that if you get a MM on a map, even if you vote undoMM and then revote you will get the same MM again no matter what. 

Basically, people are spreading information that the MM variable is determined at the beginning of the map, and you can only turn it off and on through votes, and that is it. 

I dont think this is the case, but would love confirmation on this. 

False. The mode is not determined at the beginning of the map, it's random. 

Posted  Edited by ReivaX

Just to add further on what maps get which modes. I think that classic spawn may be the odd one out in this equation. Instead of being a feature for the map, mappers deliberately choose either classic spawns or not. When !votemm was successful on dreamin today, we were forced to !undomm almost instantly because everyone converges in the same place in the spawn area. (unless you envision an mape thing where they are frozen)

Because of this feature being not suited to most maps, i would recommend a revised list for which maps allow this mode or the removal of this mode. Map's like icecap and Jurassic are great maps for classic spawns as they are made with this thought in mind, however obviously most maps are not and therefore do not cater for it.

I would also humbly suggest the lowering of the necessary votes needed for votemm, as i feel the high barriers to entry restrict the true testing of the plugin. I'm not sure how many times the !votemm has been used in the space it has been active but i can say for sure it's very minimalistic. This may be your overall intentions as it can be used to spice maps up and provide relief from "boring hours" however, i believe, at least in the testing phase that the percentage of votes should be reduced slightly.

Otherwise, good job ?

Edited by ReivaX

Update:

I think the server has been running smoothly with the plugin. We had a lot of fun on some maps with the plugin. There are a few issues tho I'd like to mention here. First being the VIP mode. I hate to judge people but some of the players are completely new to this game or to this game mode. Some of them either didn't have voice chat on or just straight up ignored people yelling what to do. I like the idea of VIP mode but I think it just does not work on some specific maps that require either extensive movement skill (skill escape) or some level of laser jumping skills (ff maps). Imagine a person with voice chat off on surf gets picked as VIP but he has no idea how to surf. That basically means a round is wasted. Maybe it's worth trying to disable VIP mode on specific maps. Second being failnades but not really and knife kb but not really. I'd love to see the strength of failnades and knife kb being boosted a bit since as far as I remember they really don't do much knockback at all.

2 hours ago, Console said:

Update:

I think the server has been running smoothly with the plugin. We had a lot of fun on some maps with the plugin. There are a few issues tho I'd like to mention here. First being the VIP mode. I hate to judge people but some of the players are completely new to this game or to this game mode. Some of them either didn't have voice chat on or just straight up ignored people yelling what to do. I like the idea of VIP mode but I think it just does not work on some specific maps that require either extensive movement skill (skill escape) or some level of laser jumping skills (ff maps). Imagine a person with voice chat off on surf gets picked as VIP but he has no idea how to surf. That basically means a round is wasted. Maybe it's worth trying to disable VIP mode on specific maps. Second being failnades but not really and knife kb but not really. I'd love to see the strength of failnades and knife kb being boosted a bit since as far as I remember they really don't do much knockback at all.

Personally I think that VIP mode is actually very fun on some laser maps. We already beat wanderers v4, and came very close to winning westersand v7 with an inexperienced vip. Although I understand that it can be very annoying at times when a player who doesn't listen is selected, removing VIP from the modifier list on some maps may not be the best option. If we cant find a better solution I would support removing it from harder maps. Maybe admins can be able to re-select a random vip if the player has not shown any sign of being able to listen? I wouldnt want to see vip go away for lasermaps because last time we played wester it was a lot of fun ?.

On another note, I think we should revert back to allowing a new modifier to be selected after !undomm is passed. It doesn't make sense to me that if most of the team wants to use a specific modifier such as vip or 1 hit knife, we should be prevented. Usually when an unpopular modifier such as classic spawn or knife knockback is selected, the team will undomm very fast. This doesn't mean we don't want a new modifier. Possibly increasing the amount of !votemm's to pass each time the team passes !undomm could be a solution?

5 hours ago, ReivaX said:

I would also humbly suggest the lowering of the necessary votes needed for votemm...

I wouldn't like a minority to be able to push a game mode on the majority.

For testing purposes you could let admins enforce a mode or make a vote for it.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Malal said:

what about on zm items like barbossa/balrog etc

The breakable would be blocking the knives so it wouldn't work. Maps like Westersand, Westersand and Westersand would be fine since the zombie items just use parented particles and models.

4 hours ago, Ninja Chris said:

The breakable would be blocking the knives so it wouldn't work. Maps like Westersand, Westersand and Westersand would be fine since the zombie items just use parented particles and models.

You forgot Westersand. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 3:49 AM, vochihieu93 said:
I found that votemm works in journey map , journey is not tryhard map?
I think it's fully qualified as a tryhard map

:waitwhat:

This has been fixed. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got a few ideas that people might enjoy.

• Unrestrict Ninja Chris - Ninja Chris is unrestricted.
  • Unsilence Ninja Chris - Ninja Chris is unsilenced.
  • Speed Demon Mode - Velocity cap is removed and the speed demon is unleashed.

• 4 weeks later...

VIP system needs to be changed a bit. last time play Pizzatime and a new player was chosen to be VIP for 3 times and he dies rather quick so we just fked up no matter what.

Please make a cooldown time for all human so they won't be VIP in that short time period

Based? Based on what? In your dick? Please shut the fuck up and use words properly you fuckin troglodyte, do you think God gave us a freedom of speech just to spew random words that have no meaning that doesn't even correllate to the topic of the conversation? Like please you always complain about why no one talks to you or no one expresses their opinions on you because you're always spewing random shit like poggers based cringe and when you try to explain what it is and you just say that it's funny like what? What the fuck is funny about that do you think you'll just become a stand-up comedian that will get a standing ovation just because you said "cum" in the stage? HELL NO YOU FUCKIN IDIOT, so please shut the fuck up and use words properly you dumb bitch