ze_venice_escape_p3
ze_vietnam_p3
ze_voodoo_islands_v8_5_p4
ze_world_escapes_v1
ze_zk_mall_of_zombies_p2
ze_zombiemod_corporation_p2
ze_zombierig_p3

Update: 30th November 2018

Players are now only allowed to vote once per map, if the vote passes and they undo the map modification, voting will be disabled for the rest of the map

Update: 25th November 2018

The MapModifier plugin is now in testing phase, and it's available on ALL maps as of now (just for testing purposes, and for getting statistics)

Commands:

!votemm - Vote for a MM

!undomm - Vote to undo the current MM

Please report any bugs here.

Update: 18th November 2018

Two new modes that were WIP have now been introduced into the plugin.

The two mode has already been mentioned on the main post

-- Fail Nades mode --

&

-- Knife Knockback mode --

If this specific mode is enabled, admins WILL get a notification if a player knifes a zombie.

AND if a zombie gets knife boosted and knifes a human, a message will be printed to everyone regarding the attacker, victim and the knifer.

credits:

@Nick for making the nade & knife knockback plugin

@Console for suggesting to add messages in KnifeKB mode

and thanks CSS:ZE for the idea on how the messages should be

Update: sometime 2020

Reworked the entire plugin. Removed 3 modes that noone really liked

Removed !undomm command

New !mmlist command to view available mapmodifiers

New !mm command to show the current mapmodifier (if active)

Updated the original post

When CT's win a round with a mapmodifier active, a new MM will be picked on round start

Edited by Snowy

Posted  Edited by Flops - Edit Reason: me like

might actually make ze fun again 

if people actually vote for it

Edited by Flops
me like

2 minutes ago, Console said:

I see potential ways to abuse/exploit this plugin, but I guess that's what admins are for amirite

Yeah, that's what this feedback thread is for :), please explain the potential abuse/exploit you have in mind

Common ways to exploit and simple ways to address:

failnading on purpose: check chat box for the nader

knifing zms forward: add a plugin to show admins whenever someone knifes a zm, if u don't have the plugin yet (potentially also show whoever the knifed zm kill and the knifer)

not all maps should have classic zm spawn: lower mother zm ratio on classic spawn

humans kill all mother zm with 50k hp knife: add spawn protection for mother zm

vip intentionally suicide: prevent vip from going to spec & suicide from console, potentially ban them from becoming vip

more if i ever bother thinking about this again

Posted  Edited by xSnowyAngel
3 hours ago, Console said:

Common ways to exploit and simple ways to address:

failnading on purpose: check chat box for the nader

knifing zms forward: add a plugin to show admins whenever someone knifes a zm, if u don't have the plugin yet (potentially also show whoever the knifed zm kill and the knifer)

not all maps should have classic zm spawn: lower mother zm ratio on classic spawn

humans kill all mother zm with 50k hp knife: add spawn protection for mother zm

vip intentionally suicide: prevent vip from going to spec & suicide from console, potentially ban them from becoming vip

more if i ever bother thinking about this again

Thanks for your feedback! I appreciate it very much.

I'll address the issues mentioned:

1) FailNades, yeah like you said, check the nader's name

2) Knifing ZMs: This command will be noted and added once the Plugin for KnifeKB is complete.

3) I agree not all maps should have classic spawn, therefore that is why this "MapModifier" plugin won't be enabled on some specific map. The current setting for "Classic Spawn" mode is the following ratio: every 20humans to 1 zombie spawn
4) Spawn Protection for MotherZM's and other spawning zombies (Just incase CT's rape other teleports) have been implemented in the current test branch of the 1hitkillknife plugin. Hopefully everything goes well. As of this moment, they have 5.0s of spawn protection against 1hitkillknife only.

5) VIP: The ones that becomes VIP CANNOT use !spec, "kill" or "explode" in console. Changing of teams is also restricted.

I'll update this if you've got other potential abuse/exploit :)

Edited by xSnowyAngel

Posted  Edited by hotEvercLear

really fun sounding plugin. 

1. I would suggest more admin activity when rolled out because the community will almost certainly come up with ways to exploit this or find ways to troll with it before the admins and server managers can come up with solutions.... so maybe some dedicated time slots for admins the first few days to make sure there is as close to 24/7 coverage initially to prevent madness.... like a schedule or something.... idk, just at first. 

2. for VIP mode, what happens if someone becomes VIP and disconnects or client crashes? is that instant round loss or would a new VIP be selected? 

3. if players vote for !votemm and 1 of the 3 modes gets selected, is it going to be a new random mode selected each round until map change, or do you get 1 round of random map mode, the you must vote again to get another random map mode.

I would suggest this being a 1 round map mode until voted on again (similar to how !vl leadership works) so that if it is not fun for 40% of theplayers, it does not kill the server or anything like that.

4. how many votes will be needed in order for a !votemm to pass? similar to RTV or will it be more in like with a vote to extend 10 min?

this seems really fun, thank you for the work putting this together. 

Edited by hotEvercLear

Posted  Edited by Ninja Chris - Edit Reason: Stop deleting my shitposts please.

-- VIP mode --
Good concept but might not be very practical.

On maps with bosses or obstacles such as surf ramps and lasers the noobs will die immediately and people will probably give up when someone bad is chosen.

It will also bring up issues such as players trying to troll the VIP or the VIP themselves trolling and enforcing rules around it is stupid.

Maybe restrict it to good players (only me) so bad players (every single admin) won't immediately die at the start of the map and ruin the round for everyone else.

Also maybe restrict it to casual maps that don't have bosses or obstacles that could potentially kill the VIP every single time.

-- 50K Knife DMG for CTs mode --
"I wasn't inflating I was just trying to knife the zombie" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

-- Classic ZM spawn mode -

Maps where everyone is grouped up at the start might be impossible and get boring after every single round is lost in seconds.

Maps that block/teleport zombies on spawn such as mako will make the mode pointless.

-- Fail Nades mode --

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

-- Knife Knockback mode --

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The plugin idea is good but you should give me root access so I can make it better.

Edited by Ninja Chris
Stop deleting my shitposts please.

Posted  Edited by FireStarter

[VIP MODE]
I've tried the VIP mode here once, and I'm definitely not a fan of it. From my point of view, it doesn't add anything positive to gameplay: there is almost nothing humans can do to help VIP survive, except for maybe staying away from him when there are bosses/NPCs who target particular humans, so it adds almost nothing interesting. On the negative side, it brings in another strong random failure factor - VIP's death - which other humans are just unable to help prevent. Zombie Escape as a game mod itself is simply not designed with this kind of gameplay in mind - all humans trying to help VIP survive - zombies can't snipe VIP out of the crowd and other humans can't cover him (unless having VIP doorhugging is considered as kind of "covering" him, which is really nothing special for the rest of the humans - they still play as they normally would until VIP dies).

[TRYHARD MAPS]
While other mentioned modes (except for VIP) could be fun to sometimes mess around on casual maps, I wouldn't like to see any of them on tryhard maps. As we've already seen with "50K knife DMG for CTs mode", this will encourage a lot of humans to simply mess around with new toys and make winning the map impossible. On tryhard maps, I see it only as an alternative to rocking the vote. So maybe instead of adding "!votemm" and "!undomm" commands, make it so that players are presented with a poll after rocking the vote for the first time, where they will be asked whether they want to continue playing the map in a mode or actually change it to another map. If players choose to change the map or RTV for the second time, they will be offered to vote for a new map. You could also add a new command that will change the current game mode to another one. This kind of system will help players understand, that this is a "one way ticket" (and something akin to RTVing).

I wouldn't be such a big concern for me, if there were no such strict [map time] time limits on tryhard maps, as currently are. Then we could mess around with a game mode for a while, and maybe continue playing the map seriously afterwards. So if you want to go with "!votemm" and "!undomm" commands, maybe make map time countdown pause on tryhard maps while a game mode is turned on? Having a separate map time for a game mode is also an alternative. Otherwise turning a game mode on will actually be a "one way ticket" on tryhard maps, because we will lose rounds and will be unable to finish the map due to lack of time.

Switching to a knife (knife+items only?) game mode at the end of an obviously lost round could be an alternative to simply slaying, if an admin can quickly force it (or quickly force a vote for it) and make sure that it doesn't drag on for too long.

Edited by FireStarter

52 minutes ago, FireStarter said:

While other mentioned modes (except for VIP) could be fun to sometimes mess around on casual maps, I wouldn't like to see any of them on tryhard maps

8 hours ago, Malal said:

Just do what GFL CSS did, only apply it to certain maps

We....aren’t planning to implement it in tryhard maps as addressed already in the first post. Did you guys even read the first post?

14 hours ago, reduct said:

We currently are testing it on all types of maps just to see how well the plugin is doing on initial testing but plan to enable it during more casual maps like ze_icecap_escape, ze_platformer or maps like ze_frostdrake, ze_magala_castle once it is more or less out of beta testing. This plugin is mainly to spice up maps that otherwise may be too easy or too boring for most players.

1 hour ago, reduct said:

We....aren’t planning to implement it in tryhard maps as addressed already in the first post. Did you guys even read the first post?

Of course I've read it.

As far as I understood it, the modes are being rolled out in 3 stages:
1. "initial testing" "on all types of maps" [current stage];
2. "enable it during more casual maps like ze_icecap_escape, ze_platformer";
3. ["enable it during"] "maps like ze_frostdrake, ze_magala_castle once it is more or less out of beta testing".

Maybe our definition of tryhard is also different, because I don't consider ze_frostdrake to be a casual map.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that there is no intention to enable these modes in tryhard maps.

Honestly I think I'm speaking for everyone when I say we should just toss the plugin idea and bring back the original knife knockback exclusively. It would totally enhance the ze experience and bring it back to greatness (looking at you Frostdrake lever spawn).

Posted  Edited by xSnowyAngel
15 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

really fun sounding plugin. 

1. I would suggest more admin activity when rolled out because the community will almost certainly come up with ways to exploit this or find ways to troll with it before the admins and server managers can come up with solutions.... so maybe some dedicated time slots for admins the first few days to make sure there is as close to 24/7 coverage initially to prevent madness.... like a schedule or something.... idk, just at first. 

2. for VIP mode, what happens if someone becomes VIP and disconnects or client crashes? is that instant round loss or would a new VIP be selected? 

3. if players vote for !votemm and 1 of the 3 modes gets selected, is it going to be a new random mode selected each round until map change, or do you get 1 round of random map mode, the you must vote again to get another random map mode.

I would suggest this being a 1 round map mode until voted on again (similar to how !vl leadership works) so that if it is not fun for 40% of theplayers, it does not kill the server or anything like that.

4. how many votes will be needed in order for a !votemm to pass? similar to RTV or will it be more in like with a vote to extend 10 min?

this seems really fun, thank you for the work putting this together. 

To answer your question:

2 - For VIP mode, as of now, when a client disconnect/crashes a new VIP will be chosen. 

3 - As of now, when !votemm passes and it chooses a gamemode, it will stay on that gamemode until the map ends. Unless of course players use !undomm

4 - Currently, the votes required is HALF of the number of players in the server. (ex. 64players, 32votes needed)

@Fidler_2k, you can't really speak for everyone when you don't play on the server 

Edited by xSnowyAngel

I think that one thing that could really spice things up is Barbossa-like (from ze_pirates_port_royal) zombie VIP.

It involves skill both to use Barbossa and dodge his attacks, and this is what makes it interesting. Barbossa is one of the things that gives so much replayability to ze_pirates_port_royal.
Playing as a zombie is not so fun as playing as a human most of the time, but Barbossa changes this (and also gives hope to other zombies to break human defense).

Or zombie VIP Barbossa and human VIP heal?

P.S. Once again, I think that different proposed modes should be fine on those maps, where we usually don't run out of map time. I wouldn't enable them on maps where we often run out of extends, unless some changes are made to lift the map time pressure or to make gameplay balance more favorable for humans.

Posted  Edited by ReivaX

If we're doing classic spawns, how about a mapedor thing, where there is a transition period. This allows groups to move away and 'hopefully' won't instantly kill the round while giving the zms a chance. 

Note: when the zm are frozen, on some servers they can still store movement from implements, causing them to go flying.

i.e. i could knife a frozen zm and it would fly as soon as it was unfrozen, either forwards or backwards. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

As for failnades, they'll add some fun on maps like random where we'll get fked. When do we get to try molys or smokes if you are so keen to spice up the game mode. That being said, i think this will be a nice time to re-affirm why having no failnades is a good idea.

Vip i am against. It creates a 'solo' aspect to a map where to win you have to get the 'VIP' to the end. Instead, i propose a needed ratio of humans for the ct's to win. This way any random person can still die whilst putting more emphasis on teamwork (sorely needed in the gfl ze community).

Maybe multiple VIP's? who knows...

And finally for the 50k knife, i strongly encourage the discontinuation of this plugin. The idea of working together to fight back zombie hordes is severely diminished when a sole survivor can kill off zms because of his better computer and lower ping. It's like getting longknifed but from both sides. I, personally, think this is a poor choice of plugin because of the benefit to only a few as what might seem fun at first will favour those with better machines, albeit coming from a potato pc. (also inflation).

Overall, be very sure of what direction you want the community to head when you implement these modes...

-Sausage

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I exploit as much as the next guy...                                           I just happen to know what im doing :P

Edited by ReivaX