phantom153

admin abusing map nominations

two specific admins have been blatantly abusing admin nominations for the gain of promoting either the map that they have ported or a map that they enjoy. those to admins being lvl 100 crobat and analsexbyforce. they have both been using their admin powers to insert maps that they wish for. This is a follow on to a problem with how events are being handled that i brought up with vanya and how it seems that the admin team is proliferating their own agenda with the map selection for events.

Now the event mod team has been saying that there is a lack of event noms which in the last event nom session was proven false with the vast array of noms including mine. now the last 2 event nows have included maps that head admin vanya enjoys more than the "ff laser maps" that the rest of the server enjoys. This population is induced after vanya sets multiple announcements and coerces people to join for event. while the last player nomination while having a rocky start due to the EST vS EDT time difference managed to gain an almsot full server even thought the events had both a time limit and a server setting imposed on them.

Now i have deviated from my original point of blatent admin abuse into more subversive admin abuse but all the same it is stil influencing with their power. now before vanya says he has no power on what the player pick let me remind people of how often we play maps like ridorana and isengard without vanya. yet he will stand here and say he doesnt influence that map vote when he both nomiantes and shilsl for a specific map. but i digress all i am saying is that the players do have maps they want to play but that the admins shoot them down before they can express their desires.

Events in general have been held poorly since the .com merge, There's nothing posted about this week's event and previous events haven't had VIP handed out

Everything was done fast and easy on .ru but that is no longer the case for whatever reason

the only thing I can remark on regarding anal is playing old versions of mako just because v5_3 is on cooldown. in my opinion, that is not how those particular admin nominations should be used.

in the case of crobat, it's almost exclusively been tests of new maps and stripper configs. I'm sure you understand that mappers like to get a test done as quickly as possible so they can move on to other projects.

believe me, I would like nothing more than for the server to be almost entirely player-driven, just as the CSGO server is. as it stands though, a lot of energy goes towards getting that initial population kick-started, so things tend to be more hands-on and personal on the side of us admins. this perceived "player vs. admin" divide is always less noticeable when we have a healthy 64/64 going, and if you have any ideas as to how to get us there, I'm all ears.