Vanya

Event #107 -- Da Good FF Maps

Disclaimer:

Due to whatever-name that thing has when you move the clocks back one hour, we decided to push both event options one hour later than usual for the time being, this to conflict as little (if not, then not conflict at all) with Unloze to hopefully have a healthy experience with these events.

Event Overview:

Hello everyone, for this event we're going back to 2010 when Mako didn't have the amount of fags it had, then a bit forward to Westersand when it still wasn't such a laser-driven map and finally forward to 2016 when lazers pretty much became a staple for every ZE Map!

For this event we'll be playing:

• ze_FFXII_Westersand_v5_2
  • ze_ffxiv_wanderers_palace_css
  • ze_FFVII_Mako_Reactor_v3_1

Day and time of the event:

• Saturday, December 1st @ 11pm GMT-0
To check at which time the event is for you, check this website to give you an idea.
Eventually the times will be posted in our Steam group for your convenience so make sure to join it so you can see the exact time at which it starts for you!
Special Kickers:
  • Mako and Westersand will be played with pF settings and 900 ammo, this means:
    • No rebuys
    • Limited ammo
    • Bhop
VIP Rewards:
  • Win all three maps for a week of V.I.P.!
    • (For Wanderers to count, you have to win the secret fifth stage)
Duration of the event:
  • 4-5 hours should be enough
Rules:
  • Regular server rules will apply for this event as usual
  • Micspamming (preventing a leader from leading) is not allowed
  • Sitting in spec unless you're a spectating admin is not allowed.
Leaders:
Anyone willing to be. 
See you on Saturday!
:nepsmug:

Найс абуз перемещать время. Пожалуй пропущу это событие и рекомендую это сделать остальным русскоязычным игрокам, 2 часа утра найс....

Posted  Edited by Pivovaric

Console, раньше события начинались в 23-00 (8 pm) по московскому времени европейцы и русские игроки могли себе позволить посидеть до 2 утра и сыграть. Потом вы передвинули события на 00-00 по Москве (9 pm), что тоже было терпимо, но начинать событие в 02-00 (11 pm) для Европы и России это слишком поздно. Вы это ощущаете и на онлайне во время событий. Просто посмотрите статистику того же анлуза там 55% играют русскоязычные игроки. А если посмотреть статистику 3 серверов, то становится еще очевиднее? гфл

33fab968fe25.jpg

найд

042f91c2b47d.jpg

анлуз

bc3ef7ffef8c.jpg

Я понимаю вы подстраиваетесь под северную Америку,ну если посмотреть, нынче там крайне мало игроков в ксс зе.

Edited by Pivovaric

18 hours ago, Pivovaric said:

Найс абуз перемещать время. Пожалуй пропущу это событие и рекомендую это сделать остальным русскоязычным игрокам, 2 часа утра найс.... 

ватник водка нигер

4 hours ago, _William_ said:

Of course GFL admins don't care, @Pivovaric. I see your point and they should amend this. The statistics  speak for themselves. But I don't think they will bother. 

Saying we don't care is an extremely bold statement because this change has a reason which I stated up above in the post.

We don't want to conflict with Unloze in times anymore, and "statistics" also show that if our events start when Unloze's events are over or at a time players are starting to leave there, then we get a healthier influx of players at the start of the event instead of having a slow start.

Posted  Edited by Console
5 hours ago, _William_ said:

Of course GFL admins don't care, @Pivovaric. I see your point and they should amend this. The statistics  speak for themselves. But I don't think they will bother. 

I hope nobody is gonna escalate this thing to a WWIII but clearly you are insulting literally everyone that plays on the server with your very little knowledge about this community. I highly recommend you to stay out of our business since you clearly have your own community to worry about.

Edited by Console

Given last weeks catastrophic event, I'd expect some new attempts at an event organisation. For the ze community and for gfl. However, this was not what all admins had in mind apparently. 

I am someone who likes things fair and to call them out as they should be. I am very aware of how my post will be dismissed by keyboard warrior admins who hide behind discord chats and cirkle jerk there and that suddenly when someone criticise you'll attempt at "being serious" with your superiority complex. Or just very emotional responses. But this post not for you. It is for the regular players like me who wants to see GFL on css rise again. So here were the rules of the event:

• Regular server rules will apply for this event as usual
  • Micspamming (preventing a leader from leading) is not allowed
  • Sitting in spec unless you're a spectating admin is not allowed.

However, sadly the majority of the first half of the event were permeated with micspamming and constant leader interruption. It was kinda endurable at first but starting from the second half of the first map it just got way out of hand. Both me and Shiz0 were attempting to lead while specifically two people were spamming all sorts of disgusting conversations on the microphone and loudly talking over us. In total, half the event time was like this. 

Seven admins online (three of them are "Event Manage Assistants"). Nobody cared. I strongly encourage @Dogan to re-consider new event managers that are ready to take it further than a mere title. 

When I called this out, I am only being told to shut up. Luckily there is one admin who still cares, @ZeGaWa. I messaged him and he quickly took the situation under control so that at least from the second half of wanders palace, the event could be player properly. Excellent admin work in my opinion. Huge props to you. 

And as the icing on the cake, it was quite enjoyable to see Console warning somebody from what he thought was an Earth troll on Mako but then himself went and did a yek ultima.

Other admins during the event have told me the following: "Shut up"... "Rules don't abide" (???)... "we're just having fun"... "don't start a server war"... "Unloze sucks" or just laughed and whatnot. My previous message up on this thread, a sarcasm towards pivo that requires context, got taken way too seriously but it's very interesting to see your replies: 

"Saying we don't care is an extremely bold statement" ..... "I hope nobody is gonna escalate this thing to a WWIII but clearly you are insulting literally everyone that plays on the server with your very little knowledge about this community. "

After this event I can only say one thing. What. A. Massive. Joke. 

Besides, I don't like Pivo's bullshit more than any of you do but there is nothing wrong with agreeing with opinions even if you hate the person. There's a certain level of novelty in it that you won't understand. I know that you guys like your small "autism" moments but I hope the next week's event will at least be attempted properly. Good luck. 

Uɳʅσȥҽ ʂρყ

However, sadly the majority of the first half of the event were permeated with micspamming and constant leader interruption. It was kinda endurable at first but starting from the second half of the first map it just got way out of hand. Both me and Shiz0 were attempting to lead while specifically two people were spamming all sorts of disgusting conversations on the microphone and loudly talking over us. In total, half the event time was like this. 

"Micspamming" is a bit exaggerating. The admins are currently deciding on what we want events to serve as. Are events supposed to be extreme tryhard sessions? Or are they supposed to be chill, social hours? Or a mix of both? Personally for me, events should steer more towards social hours. Since not a lot of people get to play during the weekdays, i.e. the server is dead most of the week, a lot of people join the server to socialize and not just tryhard. If the event is harder, or we're losing repeatedly, the admins should be more strict with people on the mic. 

Seven admins online (three of them are "Event Manage Assistants"). Nobody cared. I strongly encourage @Dogan to re-consider new event managers that are ready to take it further than a mere title.

The only part of the event where we struggled a little bit was at the beginning for executing the special kicker config mostly due to my fault (AFK for a bit getting food). Everything after that the event ran smoothly, i.e. configs loaded instantly, winners list copied instantly, etc. As I said up top, we're currently discussing the problem regarding where to draw the line on talking during the event.

And as the icing on the cake, it was quite enjoyable to see Console warning somebody from what he thought was an Earth troll on Mako but then himself went and did a yek ultima.

I remember Gravy using Earth on the team and was given a warning, idk if it was by accident or not. Console yekt during Hard on Mako and nobody died.

Other admins during the event have told me the following: "Shut up"... "Rules don't abide" (???)... "we're just having fun"... "don't start a server war"... "Unloze sucks" or just laughed and whatnot. 

I'm fine with constructive criticisms like your post, but when you go on a rant badmouthing the server, the admin team, and the community while in the server itself, you're going to face some form of backlash. Ranting just stirs up unwanted drama between the servers and further divides the already small player base especially from a head admin of the "opposing" server.

My previous message up on this thread, a sarcasm towards pivo that requires context, got taken way too seriously but it's very interesting to see your replies: 

Personally I saw it as sarcasm, but I understand how others could have saw it as serious. 

It is for the regular players like me who wants to see GFL on css rise again.

That is the main sentiment for the entire admin team.

Hey, thanks for replying. While I don't agree with everything as I see some as contradicting, It think you have a fair reply from an Admin's POV. I have talked to Vanya about some stuff and I think my thoughts are conveyed now so I won't go with another wall of text. 

Uɳʅσȥҽ ʂρყ