Danny Devito

Garry's Mod Breach Gamemode Ideas

Posted  Edited by TheGreatCheeseGod

A few of the staff on the GFL Clan Breach Discord server may know me as ThreeSparkles, due to my excessive pinging of Staff (again, I apologize - I forgot that the forum existed). I posted some ideas (D-Class spawning with keycards, SCP-2181, things in the shop for people without membership, and 05 spawning outside of 05 retrieval) on the Discord server. For those of you who haven't read them, here are the ideas I posted to the Discord server:

any chance of adding things in the point shop for people without a membership/admin? although yes, people need to make money somehow, so you could simply give people who pay you major discounts. For example, someone who pays you would pay 25,000 points for a model, but someone who doesn't pay you would need to pay 50,000 points for the same model. Another thing you could add could be power-ups (i.e. spawning, as a D-Class, with a lvl 2 keycard labelled "A-Class" or something). These could be open only to people without a membership, or admins. As a commoner with no rank, it feels like I'm racking up points with no purpose. It would be nice to have at least a little something to spend them on. If you really won't open all models to people who don't pay you, for an extra fee of points, please at least consider creating new models that aren't as good as the others, but are at least available for people without memberships.

also just another suggestion, try finding some more SCPs that would give you a keycard. 914 is barely used, since it's nowhere near the exits. 1162 is constantly crowded throughout almost the entire game, so it gives SCP's like 457 (block the door, set insiders on fire) and 2845 (when 2845 shoots his snowball of death, it covers a wide range - by shooting it into the door, you could kill everyone on the wrong side of 1162's room) a quick way to kill plenty of players

you could add SCP-2181. He/she would be able to open and close any doors. it would be similar to spawning as an 05. Speaking of which, there should be a chance of an 05 spawning outside of 05 retrievals, similar to how SCP-035 spawns sometimes, but not all the time. Like SCP-035, SCP-2181 and 05 would be chance spawns - they wouldn't spawn every round, but they would spawn from time to time. The advantage of the chance-spawns of an 05 could be getting an 05 keycard from something other than 914 (obviously, RDM-ing an 05 just for their keycard would result in being kicked/banned/auto-slain/etc). SCP-2181 would be able to open and close any door, regardless of the level required. Because of the total advantages of having an SCP-2181 on your team definitely resulting in cross-teaming, SCP-2181 could be neutral towards every team - they would be allowed to kill whoever, spare whoever, team with whoever, etc. Killing them wouldn't drop an omni-keycard or anything - if they need to use an item to open every door, it should be destroyed when they die. They could also speak to other SCPs within close range, allowing SCPs to talk to humans in cases that would need it (i.e. "hey TRO, there are Class Ds left we should prioritize killing them and then each other").(edited)

One Idea that I did not put in the Discord server was the adding of GOC. The GOC would be neutral towards every team other than themselves, except for the SCPs - The GOC's job would be to kill all of the SCPs still alive. They would likely spawn and the 8 minute mark, or at the 2 minute mark if there are any SCPs still alive.

These are the ideas I posted to the Discord server, and I ask that you consider them. 

Thank you for your time,

TheGreatCheeseGod/ThreeSparkles

Edited by TheGreatCheeseGod

Posted  Edited by Ikus - Edit Reason: Forgot something

First Suggestion: You can easily be a member by saying !member and applying, not even joining the group, the only reason most people aren’t members is because they never look at the text chat.

Second Suggestion: It’s the opposite for 914 and 1162, I’ve seen an average of 3-5 people in 914 and 2 people in 1162 barely. Also, can’t you just get the keycards from, you know, places keycards spawn and corpses?

Third Suggestion: This would be broken, since literally everyone would threaten them, easily escaping the site since they have a O5, etc. 

Fourth Suggestion: That’s Omega-13’s job. We don’t need more Omega-13’s chances, it’s already high enough.

Edit for first suggestion: Clearly, you don’t know the lore for SCP, since D-Class represents expendable subjects, while A-Class are O5, C-Class are guards and janitors. Why don’t you check out the text chat, you “commoner with no rank” and say !member.

Edit for Second: Deer’s range isn’t that far.

Edited by Ikus
Forgot something

Ikus - the point of me saying that tons of people are in 1162 is that we need more SCPs that give keycards. Although yes, you can look for keycards, you have to wait a little before you find any keycards from corpses, and there arent many places where level 3 or 4 keycards spawn. In order to solve the everyone-would-threaten-the-05 problem, the 05 could spawn with or near the TRO, and give them a gun (because they are 05, we can assume that they are not only extremely smart, but possibly skilled in combat). Although yes, people would definitely threaten 2181, they can talk to SCPs - instead of being neutral to everyone, they could be part of the SCP team, and/or have higher health.

Ikus, these are suggestions, not demandings. I'm not telling xy to add this right now I'm saying hey maybe in a few updates we could have a bit of this and that not hey you better add this right fkin now bucko

A Scp who exists to do nothing but open every door would cause more harm than good, gameplay wise. Outside of the fact MTF could threaten them to easily just camp the nuke room, it also makes it incredibly easy for SCPS to escape as it would be able to open whatever gate it wished. It also just doesnt sound very fun to play.