juky

HD 660S vs DT 1990 Pro

Hi,

With the holidays around the corner, I've decided to treat myself to a pair of new cans. As I'm nearing conclusion of the researching phase, I'm left with two options that seem to meet my requirements, budget and generally suit the needs I've outlined.

Now, as I will be spending an obscene amount of time with these things, I figured a second opinion (or third, or fourth..) couldn't hurt, so here I am.

I even went and ordered the DT 1990's tonight, but chickened out and cancelled as I feared I might have jumped the gun and might regret the purchase.

Anyone has any (hopefully at least somewhat informed) opinion on either of these? Possibly even experience?

Suggestions for any alternative headphones are also welcome (budget 400-600€, preferably open back, magni3 amp, no dac)

depends on if you have a need for privacy and need closed backs or can make use of open backs and well have better sound and audio due to closed backs not being able to replicate what open backs can.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by rapperdan

based off of your choices I am guessing you already looked here.

https://www.wirerealm.com/guides/top-10-best-open-back-headphones

you should be perfectly fine since you seem to be doing your research.

just look through the reviews of each one and you should be gucci.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

I don't know much about headphones, but the HD660 has better electrical characteristics when comparing the provided details in the manual.  The only other thing I would want to know more about is the comfort because I consider any discomfort to be deal breaking.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152