rapperdan

error with xml file seeking fix

Posted  Edited by rapperdan

so when I make use of the rss feeder within this xml file https://gflclan.com/forums/forum/125-membership-applications.xml/ which is the websites rss feed in the member apps section

I get a java script issue which I believe can only be fixed from the websites end it's self

I skimmed through some info on a thread here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51647764/how-to-parse-an-rss-feed-using-javascript-external-domain

thanks for the help who ever can solve this for me I'm sure I could figure something out but I have been focused on 1v1 lately thanks again.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

I've personally never messed with RSS Feeds. However, I just installed the Google Chrome RSS Feed Reader and had no issues subscribing to the Member Applications feed:

104-12-19-2018-sn6najwt.png

WhMmiS7rxu.png

Could you try removing the RSS feed from the RSS Feed Reader and try again?

Thanks.

I actually have tried that and it did not work sadly.

my notifications don't happen atm.

I have even looked in my roaming data via %appdata% to try and find some stupid shit and erase it to no avail.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

What version of RSS Feed Reader are you running?

Have you also tried reinstalling the extension completely? May also be worth trying a RSS Feed Reader on another web browser such as Firefox (I'd assume they exist).

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my end.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, rapperdan said:

I actually have tried that and it did not work sadly.

my notifications don't happen atm.

I have even looked in my roaming data via %appdata% to try and find some stupid shit and erase it to no avail.

Are you able to reproduce using Chrome/Firefox? (Yes, I know Vivaldi should work perfectly with chrome addons, but you can't quite rule that out)

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Just now, Xy_ said:

Are you able to reproduce using Chrome/Firefox? (Yes, I know Vivaldi should work perfectly with chrome addons, but you can't quite rule that out)

it works with chrome but does not work with vivaldi sadly.

Achievements

2 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

it works with chrome but does not work with vivaldi sadly.

Probably a bug that needs to be reported to the Vivaldi team then as I doubt the addon developer really cares to support his chrome extension on Vivaldi.

If it's an issue with us, more information should be provided, but it really sounds like a bug in Vivaldi.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

1 minute ago, Xy_ said:

Probably a bug that needs to be reported to the Vivaldi team then as I doubt the addon developer really cares to support his chrome extension on Vivaldi.

If it's an issue with us, more information should be provided, but it really sounds like a bug in Vivaldi.

I sent you a video on discord.

Achievements

update for vivaldi just came out should be patched as I get no javascript error after the update and the change logs can be found here

https://vivaldi.com/browser/whats-new-in-vivaldi-2-2/

it works feel free to move to solved or close things thanks for the help anyways @Xy_ @Roy

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements