FzFuRy

Not fun anymore to play

So i recently started playing less on gfl for the simple reason: It's just not fun anymore. The server is full of f2p players or just the noobies and really, u can barely call gfl a ze server anymore. The only thing they do is play casual maps (not really a problem) but they don't even try to win them. They just all run around, try to be the funniest guy on the voice chat and then they spam rtv. The only times when we can play is when we get like 15 regulars on so we can manipulate the voting process by taking all the noms and spamming like autistic kids oursleves. I'm sure that im not the only one who thinks this way.

I mean either remove the f2p players or make a 2nd server for only prime players. Or just do something cause the whole ze experience is getting ruined lol. I get more frustrated playing on gfl then i'm having fun. Even the admins don't even bother muting them anymore cause it's just too much to handle.

This is a tough topic with few good solutions. Personally I think the only way us as players can solve this is through patience. I've seen a lot of new players grow, get more involved, learn how to win maps, and lead. This does mean we will have to really be patient and although it may be tough, we have have to stay positive. The only way to get these newer players to learn and come back is to help them. If they don't like it and only want to say stupid shit on the mic all day they will eventually get bored and go play some surf or something.

Posted  Edited by Nap14hockey
2 hours ago, Ninja Chris said:

was this supposed to be hilarious... yikes

was this supposed to invoke laughter... yikes

Edited by Nap14hockey

wEEZhpy.jpg.54370668acb451a1bac8a5011679ce7b.jpg 

(Made by @Rose, thx :D)

[Former]- Breach Admin, OLD Purge SR. Admin, HnS admin, GMOD Murder admin, GMOD JB Admin, TTT Admin, Forum Moderator, Discord Moderator, Public Relations Team Member, Media Team Member

I'm out

Posted  Edited by xSnowyAngel

Wow, it's almost as if this is a community server for players to have fun and know when to tryhard when needed

And I'll have to agree with @Elemental here, I've seen more new players trying to the learn the game mode. Everyone's got to start off somewhere. We all know you are born the best and toxic ZE player, but not everyone is like you. Why do you have to blame all F2P players, they've got the chance to start playing and trying out ZE, why not teach them? You're probably going to say you've tried, but then again, you can't force everyone to listen. Not everyone from the bunch of F2P players should be deserved to be removed from the server just because they didn't buy prime status, and if so they break the rules, wouldn't a player report help? 

Edited by xSnowyAngel

Posted  Edited by Ninja Chris

I think the best solution is to give @FzFuRy admin for a day and see how he handles the situation so the other admins can learn from him.

This is a serious suggestion and I am clearly not trying to provoke him in any way so please no banerino. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Ninja Chris

Posted  Edited by Flops

idk where fury is coming from but personally whenever i choose to come on i play with tryhards and have a great time around 90% of the time. If the server isnt playing the map i want or the people on arent the people i like, i just fucking leave :). Maybe you should stop playing ze so much cause you are bound to experience some degree of autism from noobies, and if you dont wanna do that stop expecting a server of 64 people to conform to your desires. 

Edited by Flops

Posted  Edited by hotEvercLear

fury I left to pretend to be a mapper for a few weeks (btw, ze_LOTR_Mirkwood waiting to be uploaded for test snowy... <3) but I'm finished now and will be back to help shepherd the young ones... 

really, you can complain like 95% of the regulars or we can just try to help the noobs learn the maps and strats and the game mode... I see it as making less zombies to try and kill me in the long run...

totally agree with you about the mic spam though... way too many aspiring twitch streamers coming on and trying to be the most funny and edgy guy on mic... I though we had a rule about edging!?!?!?! A tryhard server for prime only does sound kinda nice though tbh... 

Edited by hotEvercLear

i still dont understand the reasoning between not allowing no steam before the update and allowing free accounts now after the update

Posted  Edited by EnickTheDemon

Everyone isnt perfect at the start of ze they learn to be better. Give others a chance since the server is always changing. For example we dont have like have elementals from other servers that are decent switch servers. Theres always new people to come replace others. Most of the players you liked have basically retired. Spacecow, Koala, quia, bloodyare barely on so you feel more lonely...The only admins I see a lot are val and sneaky but other times theres no admins when i play. The server is a bit short staffed right now.  

Edited by EnickTheDemon

Get a mic and lead. People rtv tryhard maps often because they know from experience they aren't going to win certain maps after a few rounds where they haven't gone far and there isn't anyone leading. Also if you lead, you have higher chance of working with admins, who are more likely to mute spammers. If no one leads, the admins will see no reason to mute people.

Theres no proof that f2p players are the ones ruining your experience. If there is a significant increase in f2p players its time to get a second server. cause we running out of room. Having a second server for elitist only is only going to die, server survival is built upon casuals who keep the server populated during the vast majority of time especially when there is no leading. If the casuals get their comfy experience ruined forcefully or are forced to tryhard constantly, then they simply tire out more often or stop playing when they find the experience not fun. If it continues like this, then the server ends up not being populated most of the time and the tryhards have less of a reason to come onto the server when its half empty. Expecting the server to tryhard immediately when you come onto the server is stupid. It can still happen if you get a mic and lead, but if you're not willing to put in that effort, then you shouldnt expect the server to pander to you.

26 minutes ago, gkuo88 said:

Theres no proof that f2p players are the ones ruining your experience

you don't need scientific proof to have an opinion 

Get a mic and lead

he does lead and he has a mic

Expecting the server to tryhard immediately when you come onto the server is stupid.

that isnt his point

27 minutes ago, gkuo88 said:

It can still happen if you get a mic and lead, but if you're not willing to put in that effort, then you shouldnt expect the server to pander to you.

this is the only thing that matters in ur block of text

38 minutes ago, Flops said:

you don't need scientific proof to have an opinion 

Then he should come to terms that his opinion is his own problems. Does he have any way to differentiate between these 2 groups and determine whos doing the voting, micspamming, and running around? Is there any logical thought process explaining why f2p players would spam rtv or create trouble compared to the normal crowd? If he can't present anything, then how is he going to convince people that f2p players are the ones creating the problems?

Heck if the map is casual, why does it even matter? Casual maps are built on the aspect that you dont need alot of players to try to win in order to win. If all of a sudden it requires a decent team to win a casual map, then somethings wrong with the server settings or the map isn't really casual to begin with. *Remov bhop cancer*

51 minutes ago, Flops said:

he does lead and he has a mic

great. But note this just increases the chances of people tryharding, not guarantee it. Sometimes players have already tryharded for 3 hours and they don't want to tryhard anymore. Maybe its one of those maps which were so hard, its reputation has sunk to sheit, that players will actively oppose playing it even with people pushing for it. Heck even if you have a mic, it doesnt mean people will listen to what you say, and if you lead on only a few maps only then of course people will think you're a mapfag who is simply using others. If the leading is controlling or toxic, then you shouldn't be expecting people to listen either.

58 minutes ago, Flops said:

that isnt his point

Dude complains that the game isnt fun because people aren't playing the way he wants them to play. Seriously what is anyone supposed to do about this? Majority win. If he wants a greater level of challenge he should go to minigame servers or bhop servers, because those gamemodes are built around the individual rather than built around a 64 player democracy.

Oh wait if you guys are talking about shit like minas, mako, westersand, that shits always going to be despised due to the autistic elitist fanbase that surrounds it. It's been going on for years, and some people just dont want to give up any part of it.

- elitist mentality in general to push this crap and then blame the created mess onto other players

- no leading on even the first stages, prompting new players to proceed to play a tryhard map and lose every single round for one to two hours (yea, they definitely wish to come back to the map next time)

- item trolling permitted here and there as long as they beat the map prompting players who attempt to enjoy or learn the map have their teammates ruin their fun

- fucking bhop permitted along with the attraction of a fockton of ff fags creating an army of bhoppers that even the elites don't wish to defend against (in short, expect alot of doorhuggers)

- fockin bhop ensuring the same people get the items every single round, new players will never get to use them

- damn tradition calling for items to be used only a specific locations, limiting any sort of experimentation, giving reason to restrict new players easily

- focking army of bhopers such a pain in the ass that items have to be used in a specific location cause the entire defense depends on them 

- no teamwork/covering in general because elites wish for as many people to die as possible (muh solo), only for the humans to be overrun by zombies later, wasting another round

- session to be dragged on extra long due to constant losing at the first several levels due to too much focking around (gotta get that solo even on lv 1), prompting players to blame the "shit team"

- even if a winning streak was to occur, the elites will bitch for the settings to be changed or attempt further sabatoge to reduce the number of winners to make themselves feel more special

- leaders even attempting to salvage the mess or getting new players to enjoy the map end up being backstabbed by the elites later on, making it even harder for new players to consider the map in the future

- micspamming for the voting of the map only for new players to lose every single round

You just cant win with these things lol.

14 hours ago, gkuo88 said:

Oh wait if you guys are talking about shit like minas, mako, westersand, that shits always going to be despised due to the autistic elitist fanbase that surrounds it. It's been going on for years, and some people just dont want to give up any part of it.

- elitist mentality in general to push this crap and then blame the created mess onto other players

- no leading on even the first stages, prompting new players to proceed to play a tryhard map and lose every single round for one to two hours (yea, they definitely wish to come back to the map next time)

- item trolling permitted here and there as long as they beat the map prompting players who attempt to enjoy or learn the map have their teammates ruin their fun

- fucking bhop permitted along with the attraction of a fockton of ff fags creating an army of bhoppers that even the elites don't wish to defend against (in short, expect alot of doorhuggers)

- fockin bhop ensuring the same people get the items every single round, new players will never get to use them

- damn tradition calling for items to be used only a specific locations, limiting any sort of experimentation, giving reason to restrict new players easily

- focking army of bhopers such a pain in the ass that items have to be used in a specific location cause the entire defense depends on them 

- no teamwork/covering in general because elites wish for as many people to die as possible (muh solo), only for the humans to be overrun by zombies later, wasting another round

- session to be dragged on extra long due to constant losing at the first several levels due to too much focking around (gotta get that solo even on lv 1), prompting players to blame the "shit team"

- even if a winning streak was to occur, the elites will bitch for the settings to be changed or attempt further sabatoge to reduce the number of winners to make themselves feel more special

- leaders even attempting to salvage the mess or getting new players to enjoy the map end up being backstabbed by the elites later on, making it even harder for new players to consider the map in the future

- micspamming for the voting of the map only for new players to lose every single round

You just cant win with these things lol.

Mah boi

76561197989403214.png

Like everyone said, since the server will not and also can not do something about that, you only have 6 choices to face this problem:

1. Stay patient and keep silent (there are a feature called !sm and !report)

2. Lead the team, teach them what to do and what you can't do in ZE

3. Move to other server or disconnect then play a prime matchmaking, reach GE and do live stream (you also can earn money with that than just wasting time by playing ZE)

4. Type "quit" on console

5. Move to another game

6. Uninstall csgo and enjoy RL

93896602_p0.jpg

Guest Some guy
5 minutes ago, mikasa said:

4. Type "quit" on console

5. Move to another game

6. Uninstall csgo and enjoy RL

I like the last 3.