TacoGames

Forum posts

What do forum posts have to be about? I heard that you need to have at least 15 forum posts to apply for admin, so I'd like to know for future reference, Thanks!

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Just try your best to keep it recent and relevant with only circumstances driving the exceptions.  Although it's not a conversation in person: You can use many of the conventions from there.  You don't want to bring up something completely out of topic or isn't open to much feedback or response; you also don't want to bud into other conversations with off-topic material.  We have many forum categories you can use for guidance or look through old posts/threads for ideas.  There is an off-topic section that is more safe to post in if you'd really like to discuss something that doesn't fit well to the other categories (you seem to have noticed that, yay).

New people starting 28 threads or quickly doing 98 posts stick out like a soar thumb (quite honestly 4 or 5 is pretty noticeable too); it's certainly not good and we all recognize the behavior.  Just go with the flow, take it easy and have a good time.  If anyone really wants to be a part of the leadership, then they can certainly invest a little time and become familiar with the community ;) 

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

1 hour ago, TacoGames said:

What do forum posts have to be about? I heard that you need to have at least 15 forum posts to apply for admin, so I'd like to know for future reference, Thanks!

It used to be mandatory afaik during old forums, but that was pretty much 2+years ago. I don't think it's mandatory at all, but if you would like to involve yourself in the forums, you're more than welcome to.

Imagine these forums as reddit, each sub-forum is a sub-reddit to which you keep the posts on-topic with said sub-forum.  Also what Joshy said ^ 😛

yeah.gif

On 1/5/2019 at 3:21 PM, Leks said:

It used to be mandatory afaik during old forums, but that was pretty much 2+years ago. I don't think it's mandatory at all, but if you would like to involve yourself in the forums, you're more than welcome to.

I have heard from multiple other admins that the forum posts are absolutely necessary, I would like further clarification before I get my application taken down for not having enough posts...

1 hour ago, TacoGames said:

I have heard from multiple other admins that the forum posts are absolutely necessary, I would like further clarification before I get my application taken down for not having enough posts...

It all comes down to the server manager. Which server are you applying for?

yeah.gif

I would suggest not doing them all at once, just be patient and stay active on the forums. My dumb ass did 25 posts in one-two days so I could apply. facepalm

gflsig.png

On 1/6/2019 at 5:21 AM, Leks said:

Imagine these forums as reddit,

thanks you just made the gfl forums sound even worse