Faex

Hytale - New successor to Minecraft

https://hytale.com/

Hytale is essentially (But not officially) Minecraft 2 and is made by Hypixel Studios, a branch of the same guys who made one of the most popular servers on Minecraft. I know this was posted around last month, but I figured that the game has a big focus on the community and already has 25 million views on the video, maybe it would be possible to create a new division for Hytale. It's still in development right now and we won't get the beta for quite a while. What do you guys think?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058101056/

76561198058101056.pngAddFriend.png

"...You do a thing and it becomes the paint others will use on their canvas

of the internet for their memes" - Michael Stevens, Vsauce

2014 - 2020

Thanks for the good times, kings.

Former Global Admin

Achievements

Posted  Edited by rapperdan

I saw this awhile ago and my biggest concern is only what it is coded in aka I hope it is c++ because that java shit is godly at eating ram and limited in terms of being optimized

aswell as lua is which I hope it is not coded in that either.

anyways it actually has been something I have been thinking about as it shows some great potential but will it be able to keep people interested and able to keep people playing that is something only time will be able to tell.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

I found out about this a while ago. 

This game is interesting enough already, so eventually I'll be taking a look into this, but I don't know if I will like this game as I did with Minecraft.

4 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

I saw this awhile ago and my biggest concern is only what it is coded in aka I hope it is c++ because that java shit is godly at eating ram and limited in terms of being optimized

aswell as lua is which I hope it is not coded in that either.

It is probably Java but could be possibly known for C++ or some other programs, given that Minecraft Bedrock Edition is coded in something else other than Java.

76561198043643390.png

Posted  Edited by Faex

From their job postings on the official website, it looks like they're using C# and Java. It's also been confirmed that the in-game scripting will use Javascript

https://hytale.com/jobs#listing-5c122d2cea48e600136fd6b1

Edited by Faex

2014 - 2020

Former Global Admin

Achievements

1 minute ago, Ben Roy said:

I found out about this a while ago. 

This game is interesting enough already, so eventually I'll be taking a look into this, but I don't know if I will like this game as I did with Minecraft.

It is probably Java but could be possibly known for C++ or some other programs, given that Minecraft Bedrock Edition is coded in something else other than Java.

I never exactly knew the name of it just knew it was a microsoft project but anyways I really hope it is like the such my biggest concern is simply that this is by a well very big modding community in minecraft inturn the chances of it being coded in java is well massive due to people simply carrying over what they know best as coders tend to stick to there first known language and for the most part they have never had a need to ever use c++ which is why I am slightly concerned and as I said only time will tell if it is able to keep people interested or if it will die out like many other hyped up things.

and I heard about it awhile ago aswell it shows a pretty decent bit of well potential and I hope it can prove to be a good asset for communities how ever minecraft communities tend to be known for well wanting to be ontop of everyone else and are not exactly known to be very welcoming to open source concepts or teaching people for that matter so idek if that is gonna be a community game or exclusive to just hypixel.

Achievements

• 3 weeks later...

New update: Client will be based on C# while servers will use Java

Found on their latest blog post https://hytale.com/news/2019/1/an-overview-of-hytales-server-technology

2014 - 2020

Former Global Admin

Achievements

Makes sense too that it would use Java since they probably want the old MC community to transfer over. The old MC players know Java best and I'm guessing since they want to have mods like on minecraft, this would be the best way to ensure that they can transfer over and keep modding like before. 

Also, depending on how much the game costs on release, it might not be too bad of an idea to try and pitch our claim ASAP. If it grows big then we can gain a lot of new people. Like when Breach was new and we had one of the most popular servers and still do.

"Be good people"

4 hours ago, Major_Push said:

Makes sense too that it would use Java since they probably want the old MC community to transfer over. The old MC players know Java best and I'm guessing since they want to have mods like on minecraft, this would be the best way to ensure that they can transfer over and keep modding like before. 

Also, depending on how much the game costs on release, it might not be too bad of an idea to try and pitch our claim ASAP. If it grows big then we can gain a lot of new people. Like when Breach was new and we had one of the most popular servers and still do.

It's important to be careful with a new server for a game like this. We still have a long time (Maybe around a year) until the game is launched. I'm already seeing people trying to create a server/community despite the game being so early. Or maybe they're just trying to bait people into "donating".

2014 - 2020

Former Global Admin

Achievements

15 minutes ago, Faex said:

It's important to be careful with a new server for a game like this. We still have a long time (Maybe around a year) until the game is launched. I'm already seeing people trying to create a server/community despite the game being so early. Or maybe they're just trying to bait people into "donating".

I just want my god damn Minecraft Zombie Escape server.

CSS was out for 8 years before being replaced. CSGO has been out for 7 years now! ONE MORE YEAR AND THE GAME COMES OUT.

IT'S ABOUT TIME CSGO GOES OUT AND A NEW GAME COMES IN. LET'S GO BOYS.

But seriously, depending on how much money the game is and how well it actually runs, it might be a smart investment. 

The current projection of the game is for it to be a game built for modding so it could effectively function as a GMod but with Minecraft skins. 

I'm incredibly skeptical since games always make big promises and fall laughably short. But, if it is what it claims to be then it could be a huge boon for not only us but the community server world in general. I'm quite hopeful. Plus with 34m views and 300k likes to 7.1k dislikes, it could prove to be a hit since it's under so many people's radars. 

Anyway, to any admins who read my post recently, I didn't know this game was coming out but now that I do:

#CommunityServerUnion2019

"Be good people"