Joel

Merge of the teams.

Hello everyone, 

Currently, the teams are all split up into individual teams, this is going to be changing. Moderation will be staying the same and will be managed by Kite and Benroy, they will both decide on a sub-leader to manage Moderation, so they will only need to step into if the leader needs help on decisions, the sub-leader will be running the team and working closely with other sub-leaders.

Media Team, Events Management and Public Relations will all be combined into 1 team managed by Joel, and Worgee. The team will also have sub-leaders this team will have 3 sub-leaders one for PR, 1 for Media ect, they will all be in charge of the Sub-Division inside of Public Relations, this is the new name of the all of the teams combined. We expect that all of the sub-leaders will work together and communicate, if the council believe the jobs aren’t being pushed and things aren’t progressing, the council will take control and make sure all of the jobs and tasks are done. Council will be there to help execute ideas the sub-leaders and team may have and to deal with situations which need council members to help to deal with.

The council role will not be primarily focusing on the teams, the council will be there to assist if any of the teams need help, but the primary focus of council will be pushing GFL projects and being the face of GFL making important decisions ect.

Move MA to PR team.

Hierarchy:

Council - Joel and Worgee

A potential leader of the PR team ( TBD )

Sub-leaders for subteams (PR, Media, Events or what is needed)

Media - Aura/Rose/Ms.Shadow 

PR - Private pull/Major push 

Events - Worgee (til a substitute can be found)

Team members (any current leader can stay if they please)

76561198130815225.png

8EFBB426-F3D7-4A6C-B409-7372CCCD11F5-1640-000003D5E8AD4561.png

@Fafy Devs are special kids 😉 

Devs are another group of people that basically does server/forum stuff where the PR team will work on many other areas such as Events, GFX, Videos, Social media and much more.

Nerd

Achievements

Just now, rapperdan said:

so member acceptors are public relations now that's cool I guess.

They will be managed by one of the leaders, within the PR team.

76561198130815225.png

@TheSadBandit Nice to hear your opinion. Unfortunately the teams were very inactive and with the plans made for the teams they should have more than enough tasks to stay active as 1 unit rather than a bunch of seperate units with rather inactive leaders. I guess you'll have to see what comes out of it 🙂 

Nerd

Achievements

Posted  Edited by rapperdan
10 hours ago, Worgee said:

@TheSadBandit Nice to hear your opinion. Unfortunately the teams were very inactive and with the plans made for the teams they should have more than enough tasks to stay active as 1 unit rather than a bunch of seperate units with rather inactive leaders. I guess you'll have to see what comes out of it 🙂 

So about communications I was wondering as someone from the member acceptor team when will we be getting the pw to the internal section of the pr team and I can't wait to talk and work with you and joel tbh I feel as there can't be better people to stress communications and be capable of working with others god speed thank you for saving the member acceptor team from it's horribly inactive state it has been in.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

Posted  Edited by CrusTi

Go back to old 2015/2016 setup. Simple Ranks, Simple Times

Currently, It's not terrible as it is, excluding the whole TL/Council, PR, Media, Events mess that's is still being sorted out.

Edited by CrusTi

To clarify to some people questions about "Member Acceptors", You will be managed by someone of the PR Sub Leader Team, this doesn't mean you will be getting Public Relations rank on the forums, nor will you be added to the discord server. Member acceptors have a sub-forum and possibly a PM, so any help or anything you can contact the leader of the Member acceptor team (Once one has been decided) but for now, a Council member, such as myself and @Worgee . 

Thanks, any more questions feel free to ask or any concerns please comment them here :)

76561198130815225.png

I'm gonna be straight up because I actual can't sleep atm due to this first off what is being done atm is simply more damages the people who hold council rank atm will repeat the issues of well a lack of a decent council team which needs roughly 6 to 8 semi conflicting people hashing things out with each this whole merge is gonna be a massive flop and every thing stated in this thread is honestly complete saving face and image compared to interactions in dm's and pm's, which in all honesty the fashion of putting a decently successful team and making it operate under a failed image due to the leaders and those in it is a recipe and a half for complete destruction of the member acceptor team and after the damage is done and we say hey why am I being bloated with all these dm's of people asking for help and in 6 months 1 year maybe 2 years we recreate the team that I actually worked a decent bit to achieve a functional friendly competing atmosphere to see what I feel will form into a useless group of circle jerking idiots who simply hold a rank over time picked for simply being friends with someone.

here is my advice learn from our mistakes and stop pissing on gfl for the love of god we are one team and you need to ensure there is a lack of communication while also stressing communication?

if you really wanna know what I said here

11 hours ago, rapperdan said:

So about communications I was wondering as someone from the member acceptor team when will we be getting the pw to the internal section of the pr team and I can't wait to talk and work with you and joel tbh I feel as there can't be better people to stress communications and be capable of working with others god speed thank you for saving the member acceptor team from it's horribly inactive state it has been in.

could not have been a bigger bait and or sarcastic remark and what I saw was a complete bs response there has never been a time where I have wanted to quit being a member acceptor due to so much bs in my damn life but enough is a enough I really don't wanna see something else that I worked a decent bit to ensure it can survive without me be cut short and completely destroyed by those who I feel don't have a damn clue what goes on in dm's

I think this speaks for it's self

tKarXOO.png

I'd say roughly 50 of those at most are pm's I have sent to other people sadly I can't seem to filter by messages received in terms of numbers by other people and I'm sure others get dm'ed a decent bit aswell and I would like to welcome any and all directors to log into my account via acp and simply view my dm's for yourself and be the judge when all member acceptors do is "just accept people" when the fact of the matter is that we just don't seek drama get our popcorn out we seek to stop it from happening and do it by working with others and helping people and to operate under something that has failed to be capable of doing the such is just simply outrageous and completely absurd.

feel free to look back on our history and how many times council failed and when it succeeded there is a very big common denominator here https://web.archive.org search up gflclan.com in the search : )

and stop repeating what has already failed.

after having a discussion with the pr leader I have come to the conclusion that the team lacks the ability to be capable of understanding others and my words where being twisted completely and I was blocked I'm done with this team and refuse to be lead by a failed platform take my bloated pm's and learn to deal with people that waste your time because I am not going to be a part of such a horrible excuse of a shit team and have more important things to attend to such as ensuring 1v1 is ran decently @nocheat and @Jat keep accepting those member apps thanks my dudes.

when you lads understand that a rebrand does not fix a failed leadership platform hmu till then I'm not dealing with this level of bs I've put up with to much for GFL and have done way to much damage control due to the inability of others when you figure your shit out feel free to ask me any time to deal with members again almost forgot we have a nice bot now <3.

~ leaders are leaders to care about a community.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

@rapperdan If you wish to resign as MA then you can just send Joel or I a resignation. Whenever you're done ranting and let Joel and I work on things then we can get somewhere. The merge is brand new and we haven't had time to look through everything yet. Currently there are bigger things than w/e you are trying to request being done for MA as the current team is handling it just fine.

Nerd

Achievements

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit
47 minutes ago, Worgee said:

@rapperdan If you wish to resign as MA then you can just send Joel or I a resignation. Whenever you're done ranting and let Joel and I work on things then we can get somewhere. The merge is brand new and we haven't had time to look through everything yet. Currently there are bigger things than w/e you are trying to request being done for MA as the current team is handling it just fine.

It's a brand new 2019 idea that is going to be a rebrand of Media Team 2016!!! yeaaaaah hooray history repeating itself. Seems like a lot of team members are against the idea of the merge (some of the longer-standing members that have seen the good and bad sides of the teams overtime), it's sad to see those people go honestly. Would be great if you guys learned from the mistakes made as dan said above, and as I had also said with that nice quote.  It's what happens when you get a lot of new faces on a team that doesn't know where they're going, they think that they know how to fix the past, but you can't fix the past just move on.

Anyways, I'm here to enjoy the show, so I'll grab some popcorn and watch how history repeats itself and sit back and enjoy the show.

Edited by TheSadBandit

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

15 minutes ago, Major_Push said:

I'm sorry, but you refuse to ever listen to me when I tell you that I don't want to hear about how you think @Roy @Worgee @Joel and others are shit leaders. I'll listen to your arguments if you ever stop being so condescending and self aggrandizing. You are in fact an asshole. You have good points but you are incapable of expressing them without putting others down.

You literally started telling me about how 1v1 is broken and within the next sentence you were talking about how you're looking out for Roy but he can't see it and how you bring in loads of donations and are the savior to the server. None of which is actually relevant to the fact that 1v1 is broken.

You are simply too hate filled and negative to be able to have a productive conversation with. You can't simply present an argument without devoting half of the time ranting about people you dislike. It's absolutely childish and a complete waste of my time. You asked me to unblock you and I gave you a chance to show me that you would stop wasting my time. But you continued with your insults towards other members. I would not in the least bit surprised if you insulted me to other members while trying to convince them of something. Furthermore, you are absolutely delusional. You can't keep insulting other members and not expect to be called out on it. I despise condescension and negativity since I believe it is counterproductive to progress. I blocked you because you can't seem to understand this. I don't like the way you argue your points and it is a waste of my precious time. 

A rebrand might not fix leadership. You are 100% correct. But a rebrand might also fix leadership. That's 100% correct as well. It's a possibility either way. No one will hit you up if things don't get any better because it's stupidly easy to say something's going to fail then dip. It's laughable. You can call out all of a movie's flaws but that doesn't mean you can make one that's any better. You are literally guilty of everything you accuse others of being. You are the single most stubborn player I've met. You are incapable of being talked to in any way. 

And don't forget that you are also the cause of much more drama than you claim to prevent. The fact that you even think that anyone would come begging for you to help with accepting members shows how delusional you are. Your meme status on CSGO servers has gotten to your head. And the funny thing is that the first minutes of conversation with you was productive. The bot needs to be updated to include online member acceptors as you said, but it also needs to include all the resources a member might want. You could have proposed that solution to me in a few sentences but instead you chose to talk about how awful everyone else is first. That's why you got blocked.

Which is why you're not a leader. You care about yourself and your ego. It's so transparent it's laughable.

You think no one else cares for the community, but you should remember that many of us have been here longer than you have, and actually believe that the GFL servers have touched the lives of many people and we should work to preserve that. I care for the community much more than you give me credit for. And so do others. Not everyone is as cynical as you.

And for those thinking that a PR leader shouldn't be talking this way to someone, you should know that I'm only talking this way to Dan because I've seen his descent into narcissism since his days as a minigames admin. I was his friend but I can't even talk to him now without remembering how hateful he's become since then. Or maybe he's always been that way. Either way, stop being negative and I'll unblock you someday. Also, learn to use periods for god's sake. It makes things so much more readable.

there is many many misguided words in this tbh do you recall this message perhaps?

you demanded direct messages as if you would bow down to dan so I told you close discord and go to sleep giving someone a run down so they don't make rushed choices is not cryptic and I pointed out what was wrong infact not much bashing was involved I'm still someone who can completely forget about someones past and hold 0 grudges as I believe in being productive so please don't say such nonsense.

⃠⃠Today at 6:37 AM

I know how to and briefing you on things is working as intended
there is none

Private PullToday at 6:38 AM

"working as intended"

⃠⃠Today at 6:38 AM

other then give me access and no title level bs

I'm going to block you since you seem to think you're playing me like a pawn or something lol

?

How in god's name is you being cryptic working as intended?

don't ask for answers then hate them when you get them my guy jesus christ.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

And to further waste my time. I think the constant rebranding of things is silly. 

However, merging all the teams is probably a good idea since they've been getting increasingly distant from one another when instead we should be working as a team. The PR team most definitely needs the media team and having to make requests is quite a slow process. Maybe people won't work together, but they're not now anyway. And it's not like the rebranding is the only major change. I for one am going to try and make sure the PR team gets back on track. 

Also, I agree with Dan that member acceptors don't get enough credit and I have discounted them a bit too much in the past. They are a great way to integrate new players into the community and if not for the fact that title changes are rather silly, I'd definitely consider them as a part of GFL's pr efforts. As far as perms go, that's not up to me to decide and I think that with the addition of GFLBot, their role should be much more newbie member oriented and helping them get adjusted to the community. I'm not entirely sure what MAs want though. 

Anyway. Wasted a lot of time so goodnight. 

"Be good people"

3 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

there is many many misguided words in this tbh do you recall this message perhaps?

Hide contents

⃠⃠Today at 6:37 AM

I know how to and briefing you on things is working as intended
there is none

"working as intended"

other then give me access and no title level bs

I'm going to block you since you seem to think you're playing me like a pawn or something lol

?

How in god's name is you being cryptic working as intended?

don't ask for answers then hate them when you get them my guy jesus christ.

Maybe I did jump the cynicism gun there. But you must also remember that I didn't block you right away after that and gave you a chance to explain yourself more, but you didn't. Anyway, this isn't the place to have this conversation. I only called you out here since you felt the need to call me out. Since I'm going to sleep, it'll be pointless to continue this conversation after I leave. Also this thread has been derailed. Lol

"Be good people"