Joel

Merge of the teams.

Posted  Edited by rapperdan
1 hour ago, Pyros said:

As for you and worgee managing 3 teams under 1, how will you guys do it? What plans you guys got to solve the problems that the teams have in order to be needed to merge them all together? How will their application system work? Will there be any public list of who is what team and what not?

not sure about you lads but I will be redirecting any and all help to those who wish to help other people with there kind nature and simply direct others to this nice inbox as needed with a big warm welcoming smile on my face.

https://gflclan.com/messenger/compose/?to=257 and I wish joel the best of luck god speed and who knows maybe he can have some decent interactions only time will tell if he blows up I suppose as for worgee and some others who agree with this with the common dominator being gaining power I don't plan on defending any of them or explaining to people why they may do some things after all they are public relations and good at handling people and will do great at least one could hope.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit
5 hours ago, Ralsei said:

My goal when pursuing the creation of a council rank was to put in place a simple and coherent staff team structure so that we can finally move past this seemingly eternal cycle of bullshit and focus on things that actually make a difference, like the servers. The creation of council actually has a purpose. The purpose being to create a rank of people who could serve as the face of GFL, assist the directors with maintaining the community (more so than a team leader could), settle disputes and drama (not cause them 🙄), and overall be a figure in the community that people could go to when they have an issue. However, I don't really see what the team merge does other than change some names around. From what I gather, the team merge puts Worgee and Joel in charge of all of GFLs teams except moderation. Which is fine, two leaders should be enough to get things back into shape, right? No, underneath them, there are 3 subleaders, Aura for the Media team, Private Pull for the PR, and Worgee for events (until somebody suitable is found). So essentially we have a large PR team with three smaller teams, each with their own leader, inside of it. Because the subleaders seem to be the main person working on their team and the primary leaders are to only step in if needed, this makes 0 sense to me, but only because this is already the job of the council ( the council is supposed to interfere with a team only when a team needs interfering, they are otherwise not supposed to be heavily involved with teams unless working on projects that directly involved a team)

So it essentially what we got now

Directors > Council > PR Lead > PR subleaders (rose, Worgee, pull) > subteam (media, events, and PR respectively) members

Is functionally identical to the preteamleader way

Directors > Council > Media Lead (PR/Events did not yet exist) > Media Members

(Current eq would be Director > Council > Team Lead > Team member)

So my interpretation of this, correct me if I'm wrong, is that this is a rank rename and some redundancy in the team hierarchy that doesn't actually change anything.

But overall I disagree with the notion that we should merge 3 teams different functions into one because there is really no reason to do so. It seems to be that it is commonly stated that the merge would increase communication and cooperation within our teams, but team members have always been able to communicate because they are all in the internal discord (team discords should have been removed upon allowing teams into internal, but for whatever reason, they still exist).

What is the purpose of having

(Diagram excludes mods and devs for sale of simplicity, if they were included they would be next to PR, but not tied to the other teams)

GFL > PR > MT, PR, EM

Over

GFL > PR, MT, EM, Mods, Devs

if regardless of how the hierarchy looks, the people ultimately in control (council) and total number of functional team entities is the same anyways?

Really?

So the thing that confuses me is that you say Council has a purpose. I don't see a purpose in Council when the reason TL was "cut down" was because it was too much regarding power, but that's exactly what Council is. All I see with Council & now with your explanation even more, is 2 people who are there to do nothing. It's like a DL, but with less shit to do, since the teams don't have to be managed by a sub leader & council. So why have Council anyways? The best public image of GFL is a good front-end Director, and we now have one already (you), you make shit like this easy for the public to understand, and you answer the questions when asked without fear of what the public is going to think, good or bad, you say it. I recall Joel & Worgee & Queue coming in and saying that there needed to be a cut-down in TL role. All I see is a changing around in who has power, and leaving 2 people with power who really don't have a role. I also don't see why the Mod team doesn't have Council overlooking it, if that's the case, why does Council need to overlook the new PR team? Why does it need to exist overall? IIRC, being the image of GFL & assisting people was the front-end Director's job, I can see why you would need help with this community, hell, helping 10k+ people is probably hard asf, no doubt, but that's all I see this role as.

Edited by TheSadBandit

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

3 hours ago, Pyros said:

I have to say, for someone who should in charge of relations to the public, I think you might have the been the most out of touch with the general public.

Demoted many MA members and didn't notify any of the demotion. Why was the demotion needed, how did it help the MA team?

Now for the merge of teams, were the teams aware of it, was it discussed with them or was it a private discussion where you thought could work out and solve every single problem?

What's the point of sub-leaders? Do they have a final say on anything? Are the senior members there to help "regular" members? What role will they fit in that will need a sub-leader?

As for MA to PR, why? Let MA be alone, they don't really need a leader at all, just have a council member look at the apps from time to time and discuss with the team of who to accept. 

As for you and worgee managing 3 teams under 1, how will you guys do it? What plans you guys got to solve the problems that the teams have in order to be needed to merge them all together? How will their application system work? Will there be any public list of who is what team and what not?

Cheers!

Regarding my main task of public relations it has been dealing with a company who wanted to partner but Roy doubted if GFL was ready for an actual partnership with deals included. It has been to contact content creators to ask if they would like to do some partnerships as well as attempting to find streamers. I am currently working on a partnership with another game dev studio who's releasing "Aftercharge" tmrw. My task have also included the attempt to make videos that features our servers (which is still WIP) and I've also gotten the Twitch account affiliated. My next project is to become more in touch with the players of the community by helping to start up new servers in the CS:GO division as well as MC and most likely some in GMOD in the future.

Regarding MA we demoted the inactive people who had not responded to any applications in atleast  1 month. We basically got rid of inactive people which in this case included you and a few others. You can always try to apply again once the applications reopen. If you have further question you can PM me.

Sub-leaders will be hands on with the team as Council has been told to not focus on the teams and aren't meant to be in charge of them. It is not our decision and we all accepted it as a part of becoming council. If any council member wishes to resume as sub-leader of a team I'm sure we'll figure something out.

MA is now a part of PR as we might do some changes to the role which would include questions regarding where to apply or find stuff would be included and might open a new sub-forum for that. This would most likely contain general suggestions for forums, discord and more and would be distributed to the person fit to complete/review the suggestion.

We plan to leave most of the day-day management to the sub-leaders. We have indeed spoken to the teams and obviously some likes it and some don't. We are here to try and make it work better than it used to. The current sub-leaders are motivated to helping us achieve this and we hope the team members will be there to help us as well. Some projects have already been started and the communication seems good and with any complications so far. (it's been 1 day so please let us get set and be able to finalize our plan).

We are working with the current sub-leaders on making a new and updated application system though it is not the main priority for now as everyone needs to get set with the updates.

We will indeed make a list on who does what for the PR team and there will be a suggestion/request forum in the sub-forum, we hope you all will use it if needed 🙂 

We generally plan to release member and task list of the changes that has been made if they are not already released.

Nerd

Achievements

3 hours ago, Worgee said:

Regarding my main task of public relations it has been dealing with a company who wanted to partner but Roy doubted if GFL was ready for an actual partnership with deals included. It has been to contact content creators to ask if they would like to do some partnerships as well as attempting to find streamers. I am currently working on a partnership with another game dev studio who's releasing "Aftercharge" tmrw. My task have also included the attempt to make videos that features our servers (which is still WIP) and I've also gotten the Twitch account affiliated. My next project is to become more in touch with the players of the community by helping to start up new servers in the CS:GO division as well as MC and most likely some in GMOD in the future.

Regarding MA we demoted the inactive people who had not responded to any applications in atleast  1 month. We basically got rid of inactive people which in this case included you and a few others. You can always try to apply again once the applications reopen. If you have further question you can PM me.

Sub-leaders will be hands on with the team as Council has been told to not focus on the teams and aren't meant to be in charge of them. It is not our decision and we all accepted it as a part of becoming council. If any council member wishes to resume as sub-leader of a team I'm sure we'll figure something out.

MA is now a part of PR as we might do some changes to the role which would include questions regarding where to apply or find stuff would be included and might open a new sub-forum for that. This would most likely contain general suggestions for forums, discord and more and would be distributed to the person fit to complete/review the suggestion.

We plan to leave most of the day-day management to the sub-leaders. We have indeed spoken to the teams and obviously some likes it and some don't. We are here to try and make it work better than it used to. The current sub-leaders are motivated to helping us achieve this and we hope the team members will be there to help us as well. Some projects have already been started and the communication seems good and with any complications so far. (it's been 1 day so please let us get set and be able to finalize our plan).

We are working with the current sub-leaders on making a new and updated application system though it is not the main priority for now as everyone needs to get set with the updates.

We will indeed make a list on who does what for the PR team and there will be a suggestion/request forum in the sub-forum, we hope you all will use it if needed 🙂 

We generally plan to release member and task list of the changes that has been made if they are not already released.

atm sadly all I am hearing is fluff and failed attempts due to your lack of ability to be a relatable person and capable of interacting with others, all I am seeing is you point at failed attempts and take credit for a few successful ones that I sure as hell know you did not champion those example or rather the only example I see is twitch and that can be considered not successful we have 20k members on the forums who have a member account stop taking credit for things you did not lead and point at your failures and say how you are doing things 20 failures and 1 thing you did not do is not a good ratio at all in fact it is anything but that.

also keep in mind what is said in private and the complete horse shit being spewed here is not ok.

also may I bring up how many times you and joel gave up on something to say others don't do things perhaps?

you can not stress communication while also being against it the irony in what you preach is not morally ok.

also member acceptors are not sub humans end of discussion.

On 1/7/2019 at 7:41 PM, Joel said:

To clarify to some people questions about "Member Acceptors", You will be managed by someone of the PR Sub Leader Team, this doesn't mean you will be getting Public Relations rank on the forums, nor will you be added to the discord server. Member acceptors have a sub-forum and possibly a PM, so any help or anything you can contact the leader of the Member acceptor team (Once one has been decided) but for now, a Council member, such as myself and @Worgee . 

Thanks, any more questions feel free to ask or any concerns please comment them here :)

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

Hi, @TheSadBandit I’m currently busy with Work, after I’ve finished work and got home I’ll write a response to your question. Apologise for the delay as I’ve only had access to my phone and the response would be inadequate. Also I hid mine and yourself post as I believed it wasn’t needed nor necessary to the topic, put it seems the topic can’t be dropped so I will be writing a response later today. Thanks.

76561198130815225.png

8EFBB426-F3D7-4A6C-B409-7372CCCD11F5-1640-000003D5E8AD4561.png

Posted  Edited by Pyros
58 minutes ago, Worgee said:

this still doesn't answer why it was needed, why it wasn't announced for those who were demoted or why it helped the team.

Your answer pretty much only says why they were demoted, if you could expand it please

Edited by Pyros

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

@rapperdan True that we have 20k members and it's sad to see only a few who were supportive enough to watch. I had more watching the GFL stream while streaming Aftercharge Beta than I had streaming on GFL servers and other games as Fortnite. I think only 2 streams during my time at the GFL twitch hasn't been with me so idk how you would say I didn't do it? My reason for streaming on the GFL twitch were to get it affiliated and I was the only streaming up to the point of affiliate. You seem to just try to attack me without actually knowing what happened. 

You talk about something in private and horse shit. Honestly don't know what you are refering to. You seem to be hating on everything that is done to help the community. Maybe you could show some support instead?

No clue why you refer to MA as sub-humans but you do you I guess.

Nerd

Achievements

2 minutes ago, Pyros said:

this still doesn't answer why it was needed, why it wasn't announced for those who were demoted.

Your answer pretty much only says why they were demoted, if you could expand it please

Idk why you think inactivity isn't enough of a need to get rid of people. You don't have inactive admins hanging around for too long either. We got rid of the inactive and if you didn't see it coming then look back and think if it's okay to not do an admin task on a server for a month and transfer that theory to MA. As I said, you can re-apply if you wish to become part of it again

Nerd

Achievements

3 minutes ago, Worgee said:

@rapperdan True that we have 20k members and it's sad to see only a few who were supportive enough to watch. I had more watching the GFL stream while streaming Aftercharge Beta than I had streaming on GFL servers and other games as Fortnite. I think only 2 streams during my time at the GFL twitch hasn't been with me so idk how you would say I didn't do it? My reason for streaming on the GFL twitch were to get it affiliated and I was the only streaming up to the point of affiliate. You seem to just try to attack me without actually knowing what happened. 

You talk about something in private and horse shit. Honestly don't know what you are refering to. You seem to be hating on everything that is done to help the community. Maybe you could show some support instead?

No clue why you refer to MA as sub-humans but you do you I guess.

Instead of bashing people's ideas for masking their ideas with other stuff, I would suggest hearing people out. I've been talking with him privately and his ideas are pretty good, maybe as PR you should do so as well, maybe you'll learn something. 

As for the GFL Streams, you always were the one streaming, though you put a lot of effort into streaming, I didn't see that much effort advertising the stream when doing a GFL Stream. What do I mean by this? Take @Chills for example, I'm in his stream discord, and he does @here everytime he's about to stream, it's amazing, though he gets like 8 people on at a time, it's amazing to see how many people actually respond to the ping. I have to give that guy credit because he not only runs his stream everyday he can, but he also advertises it and makes sure the people of his discord know that he is streaming, something I don't see done in GFL. I know you've done @here a couple of times to advertise streaming/affiliations, but in order to say that you want the support of 20k members you first have to consider wanting their support and find it, you can't just expect the members of GFL to know when you're streaming, we don't hover over the gflclan Twitch account 24/7 to make sure someone's streaming, someone has to come and tell us that.

10 minutes ago, Worgee said:

I've been here and understand what is gonna fail and what will work I am very progressive by nature and all for success but very very against failure and that is all I am seeing atm is something that will fail you can only support something so much that will fall short in the end and you should take my advice and not twist words like what you have been doing if no one agrees with what you are saying but those gaining a form of power from it there might be a slight issue with what you are doing atm just listen for once in your life that is all I ask of you I'm a realist not a horrible person I love seeing things be full of life it is legit what I may aswell get off to at this point like cmon worgee you should know better then this.

as for the MA and me calling them sub humans that again is showing your lack of ability to communicate and is offensive stop twisted words and work with other people what I saw was MA looked at as sub humans and that was not ok buddy.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Aura - Edit Reason: Grammar is shit, ik

I hope I'm not the only PR/Sub Leader who is concerned about the backlash with his change. I'm worried it will get to the point where it interferes with my team and our productivity. I will be making a post later in our discord regarding these changes and work with you all the way through. I promise you I will be fully transparent with what I have planned and what my thoughts are on this. (This is toward our PR/Media Team members 💗)

Since Joel can't make a post till later, I will say what I have planned for Media Team in PR moving forward:

• Applications are going to be done in a timely manner. (~Month) A test will be given similar to a project that Media Team has done or is currently working on. With of course a few minor changes like text, what it's about, etc. This is so that we can actually assess what their capabilities are with requests that are similar to what they have done in a test. (Tests that are similar to current requests will also be given to Video Editors, Writers, and Streamers, but directed toward their specific division!) I found it quite terrible that applications took way to long to process (+3 months) and they got tests that were pretty lengthy/tedious to what we currently got requested. (Also, we really need more members, so we can't be too picky!) Hence why I'm making this change!
  • Activity will be shot up moving forward. Considering that I'm assigning the teams requests that I wanted to be done for a while. (New GFX on forums, trailer videos for servers, streaming GFL servers, etc) FYI, if you have a suggestion for a specific server to have a special trailer for it, PM me! I'll listen to your comments. *cough* If someone doesn't use periods in their message toward me I will ignore it  *looks are rapperdan* *cough* 
  • Behavior: This isn't a terrible issue as of recently (I myself am guilty of being a bad boy), but moving forward, malicious behavior from a Media Team member won't be tolerated! Period. 
  • Transparency. I know I already stated this earlier in my post, but I seriously hate it when someone hides the "full truth" from me. I'm sure my members feel the same, so from now on I'll be transparent as possible with my members. This was an issue before, where I/others couldn't be fully transparent with changes previously. But of course, this will change! 
  • Feedback will be taken seriously if given to me/Media Team. If you have something to say that is constructive or a valid suggestion toward me or the media team as a whole, PM me! Banter/"Omg you are inactive you guys are shit!" will be ignored. I am well aware of our current activity! 

I hope my post helps you decide on your opinion as to me and what I have planned in the future of Media Team. Just because you are not fond of the current changes doesn't mean you shouldn't give the leaders a chance to prove to you that we mean well and actually will do stuff. 💗

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Aura
Grammar is shit, ik

de247ln-88ce2fb2-8f7c-4f43-b129-1e2919f9

3 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

Instead of bashing people's ideas for masking their ideas with other stuff, I would suggest hearing people out. I've been talking with him privately and his ideas are pretty good, maybe as PR you should do so as well, maybe you'll learn something. 

How would I hear ideas if people choose to mask them? It's simply impossible to hear people out if all they do is "bashing" others no matter what is being said. If he would share the ideas with the PR team rather than talk to other members in private then there would be a chance of PR to deal with the ideas. Pull told me Dan had some decent ideas but instead of explaining the ideas it turned into something about 1v1. I don't mind listening to peoples ideas at all but if they are going to get upset that people higher than me makes some choices that I'm here trying to make work then what's the point? It's easy enough to say something is bad and that you have an idea but if you never go on to explain the idea and choose to insult the person you are meant to explain it to, why would they listen?

6 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

as for the MA and me calling them sub humans that again is showing your lack of ability to communicate and is offensive stop twisted words and work with other people what I saw was MA looked at as sub humans and that was not ok buddy.

So I said MA is a part of PR and until we (Joel and I) find someone to manage we will be doing is calling MA sub-humans? That's all your words buddy. I don't degrade other people to something they are not. MA is NOT sub-humans.

Anymore questions regarding what is to come from the teams etc. will have to wait for an announcement from the people in charge. 

Thanks

12 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

As for the GFL Streams, you always were the one streaming, though you put a lot of effort into streaming, I didn't see that much effort advertising the stream when doing a GFL Stream. What do I mean by this? Take @Chills for example, I'm in his stream discord, and he does @here everytime he's about to stream, it's amazing, though he gets like 8 people on at a time, it's amazing to see how many people actually respond to the ping. I have to give that guy credit because he not only runs his stream everyday he can, but he also advertises it and makes sure the people of his discord know that he is streaming, something I don't see done in GFL. I know you've done @here a couple of times to advertise streaming/affiliations, but in order to say that you want the support of 20k members you first have to consider wanting their support and find it, you can't just expect the members of GFL to know when you're streaming, we don't hover over the gflclan Twitch account 24/7 to make sure someone's streaming, someone has to come and tell us that.

All the streams I did were at the time advertise in #media in the GFL discord. You can scroll up and check if you want. As I said, I only intended to get affiliate for GFL and that goal was obtained. We will be looking for volunteering streamers to do some awesome content and share their stories with you.

Nerd

Achievements

10 minutes ago, Aura said:

I hope I'm not the only PR/Sub Leader who is concerned about the backlash with his change. I'm worried it will get to the point where it interferes with my team and our productivity. I will be making a post later in our discord regarding these changes and work with you all the way through. I promise you I will be fully transparent with what I have planned and what my thoughts are on this. (This is toward our PR/Media Team members 💗)

Since Joel can't make a post till later, I will say what I have planned for Media Team in PR moving forward:

• Applications are going to be done in a timely manner. (~Month) A test will be given similar to a project that Media Team has done or is currently working on. With of course a few minor changes like text, what it's about, etc. This is so that we can actually assess what their capabilities are with requests that are similar to what they have done in a test. (Tests that are similar to current requests will also be given to Video Editors, Writers, and Streamers, but directed toward their specific division!) I found it quite terrible that applications took way to long to process (+3 months) and they got tests that were pretty lengthy/tedious to what we currently got requested. (Also, we really need more members, so we can't be too picky!) Hence why I'm making this change!
  • Activity will be shot up moving forward. Considering that I'm assigning the teams requests that I wanted to be done for a while. (New GFX on forums, trailer videos for servers, streaming GFL servers, etc) FYI, if you have a suggestion for a specific server to have a special trailer for it, PM me! I'll listen to your comments. *cough* If someone doesn't use periods in their message toward me I will ignore it  *looks are rapperdan* *cough* 
  • Behavior: This isn't a terrible issue as of recently (I myself am guilty of being a bad boy), but moving forward, malicious behavior from a Media Team member won't be tolerated! Period. 
  • Transparency. I know I already stated this earlier in my post, but I seriously hate it when someone hides the "full truth" from me. I'm sure my members feel the same, so from now on I'll be transparent as possible with my members. This was an issue before, where I couldn't be fully transparent with changes previously. But of course, this will change! 
  • Feedback will be taken seriously if given to me/Media Team. If you have something to say that is constructive or a valid suggestion toward me or the media team as a whole, PM me! Banter/"Omg you are inactive you guys are shit!" will be ignored. I am well aware of our current activity! 

I hope my post helps you decide on your opinion as to me and what I have planned in the future of Media Team. Just because you are not fond of the current changes doesn't mean you shouldn't give the leaders a chance to prove to you that we mean well and actually will do stuff. 💗

Thanks for reading!

As you wish I shall point out each and every hypocrisy to all of these statements, as the grammar nazi and correct person you wish me to be... never the less I shall show you exactly what I mean you had the complete power at your disposal, how ever you chose to allow something to perish and claim to be the savior of it later how ever I shall digress to the next area you claim that bad behavior is not acceptable yet you where one of the biggest issues and remain as just that atm... I can list many more if you wish feel free to make me become the grammar nazi of your nightmares and completely degrade you if you wish to take that route, of ignore me when I lack periods.

Achievements

1 minute ago, Worgee said:

How would I hear ideas if people choose to mask them? It's simply impossible to hear people out if all they do is "bashing" others no matter what is being said. If he would share the ideas with the PR team rather than talk to other members in private then there would be a chance of PR to deal with the ideas. Pull told me Dan had some decent ideas but instead of explaining the ideas it turned into something about 1v1. I don't mind listening to peoples ideas at all but if they are going to get upset that people higher than me makes some choices that I'm here trying to make work then what's the point? It's easy enough to say something is bad and that you have an idea but if you never go on to explain the idea and choose to insult the person you are meant to explain it to, why would they listen?

I saw the whole DM list, sure you could go on about some screenshots here and there, but get a chance to read the whole DM he's had with people. He isn't rude until the person he's talking to says something snarky relating to the topic. The topic he's talking about changed to 1v1 because Pull said he wasn't interested in hearing him bash others, which is really all GFL is, it's bashing others & learning how to improve your image based off of what others think of you. That's how life is, you can't just hide your negative aspects and think you're doing great all the time, it just doesn't work that way. He has some great ideas, and I don't think anyone would go and speak to the whole PR team in a Discord to speak their ideas, I'm more of a conserved person & I would rather express my ideas privately and for others to make them public if they choose to. As for dan's way of acting, if you stopped and actually listened to what he has to say, beside the bashing of people who not only in his eyes, but in the eyes of many, then you would see he has great ideas, he's bashing people because that's how we all learn to grow up and get better at things, you can't just expect yourself to be working perfectly in the view of everyone, I disagree with some things YOU do, but all-in-all you also have a lot of good things you do. 

Hear him out is all I'm saying, no need to ignore someone because they're bashing someone else for things they see wrong, especially if you're PR role, the role in-and-out of itself deals with people, you can't just go and ignore someone because they're bashing on others & decide that their ideas are invalid. Maybe ask him why he's bashing someone, maybe ask him to stop bashing someone and continue with his idea, conversations get derailed so easily, maybe if you were to rail them back instead of ignore & move forward people would be less toxic. 

Just now, Syntax said:

I request mods to lock this thread as it went from on-topic conversation about GFL's organisational system and staff chain changes into plain out personal attacks.

Thanks,

Syntax.

I request the opposite, more threads will be opened based off this topic, I'd rather get the issue dealt with instead of hiding the issue and moving forward. You have to attack the problem instead of hiding it, because hiding it will just cause more drama & "attacks" toward people.

1 minute ago, TheSadBandit said:

I request the opposite, more threads will be opened based off this topic, I'd rather get the issue dealt with instead of hiding the issue and moving forward. You have to attack the problem instead of hiding it, because hiding it will just cause more drama & "attacks" toward people.

Yes but this particular thread truly isn't the place, I actually agree with most of your statement above and admire your courage and all but I'd rather see more productive arguments in here as to why this is/not a bad change. I'd be more than happy to call some people out lol but I don't believe this is the very correct place.

Achievements

5 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

I saw the whole DM list, sure you could go on about some screenshots here and there, but get a chance to read the whole DM he's had with people. He isn't rude until the person he's talking to says something snarky relating to the topic. The topic he's talking about changed to 1v1 because Pull said he wasn't interested in hearing him bash others, which is really all GFL is, it's bashing others & learning how to improve your image based off of what others think of you. That's how life is, you can't just hide your negative aspects and think you're doing great all the time, it just doesn't work that way. He has some great ideas, and I don't think anyone would go and speak to the whole PR team in a Discord to speak their ideas, I'm more of a conserved person & I would rather express my ideas privately and for others to make them public if they choose to. As for dan's way of acting, if you stopped and actually listened to what he has to say, beside the bashing of people who not only in his eyes, but in the eyes of many, then you would see he has great ideas, he's bashing people because that's how we all learn to grow up and get better at things, you can't just expect yourself to be working perfectly in the view of everyone, I disagree with some things YOU do, but all-in-all you also have a lot of good things you do. 

Hear him out is all I'm saying, no need to ignore someone because they're bashing someone else for things they see wrong, especially if you're PR role, the role in-and-out of itself deals with people, you can't just go and ignore someone because they're bashing on others & decide that their ideas are invalid. Maybe ask him why he's bashing someone, maybe ask him to stop bashing someone and continue with his idea, conversations get derailed so easily, maybe if you were to rail them back instead of ignore & move forward people would be less toxic. 

anything but bashing tbh I felt I was pretty reasonable here I have more pm's with others but since that was brought up into question and is being used to attack me with.
https://pastebin.com/7wCCLUqv

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

@TheSadBandit I would hear him out and he told me to listen for once. In that post there simply were nothing to listen to. As I said, I'm open to listen as long as people don't start off by bashing for no reason. I don't request people to be perfect but being slightly polite and show some respect would go way further with all staff members instead of bashing them within 1 day of changes. And as I said... Pull did listen to the first things that dan said and he is currently working on some of it to change it slightly as a solution to a mix of things.

Nerd

Achievements

Just now, Syntax said:

Yes but this particular thread truly isn't the place, I actually agree with most of your statement above and admire your courage and all but I'd rather see more productive arguments in here as to why this is/not a bad change. I'd be more than happy to call some people out lol but I don't believe this is the very correct place.

It's the actual correct place though, it's a forum & these things are meant for people to have conversations like these, unless you want me to create a public thread in the General section where this can be continued and dealt with.