Jump to content
Monsoon

Suggestions for TTT

Recommended Posts

I understand a few threads may have already been made, but I'd like to throw some suggestions around that could help the server out. This post is simply my suggestive view on what could be seen as "good" changes. I am in no way telling what would work, but simply throwing ideas at a wall. Please feel free to add, or suggest your own ideas - or criticize what you see here. 

 

-Addons

  • Some from of contracts could spice up game play quite a bit - would love to see some uniqueness to the flow of the game as everyone literally bolts for shotguns, so maybe giving players the incentive to grab a different gun for a sweet reward could achieve this.
  • A level up system would be really cool, as progression + rewards are really a solid way to keep people coming back. Making the rewards for achievements enticing would possibly promote players to have something to work to.
  • Maybe some form of rank system (diamond, gold, etc...) would also be nice to see, as it's just another reason  for players to keep coming back to the server. It also promotes a form of competition among the community.

 

 

-Changes

  • Take a credit away from traitors OR increase the credit cost of one hit kill weapons (knife, golden sword, etc...) to 2. Traitors shouldn't be able to simply instantly have access to some of the most powerful weapons in the mode. Most T's will buy the knife (or others stated above) instantly, granting a free kill and requiring no skill. 
  • Give more incentive to detectives to actually do their jobs - Most people don't like to play detective, which is understandable as your'e a major target and most likely the first to die from T's, so why not give detectives some form of reward for killing/iding T's? Maybe a small amount of points could work, however I am open to any suggestion. 
  • Decrease shotgun spawn rate(?) I am sure this is possible, but I have no idea. Shotguns are very strong, and require little to no skill. I can see this being divisive so I won't argue this suggestion, but it is frustrating getting one shotted and not being able to fight back. 
  • Show that a T and Detective has armor equipped. The more information given to the player, the better.

 

Again, this is simply my list of ideas that could positively impact the server - it is open to suggestion, criticism, and any amendments by me. 

Thanks, Monsoon

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with most of your suggestions but I believe that the knife should stay the same amount of credits. It's aperfectly valid weapon in my opinion because being able to kill someone with a knife does require some skill because you have to do it without the person noticing and shooting you in the face. Also its a weapon that always leaves dna for detectives to find which quite often will get a t killed, so it's not like it's overpowered.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some of these ideas are good, but I’ve never seen you before in game, not that has anything at all to do with it.  Then again I’m typically on later on in the day so that could be it.  I’ve played with two hit knives before, I personally think the insta kill is good.  It was brought up before about how the sword, harpoon, knife being all insta kill is “overpowered” if you will.  I said that the harpoon is basically skill, if you’re good or lucky enough to hit someone with it then so be it. As far as the shotgun goes, it’s probably the most commonly used weapon lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TimeForYouToGetAWatch said:

Who are you :omegalul:

Joined later half of 2016, and used to be a trial admin before I left for my own health reasons. 

 

4 hours ago, Le Quack said:

I think some of these ideas are good, but I’ve never seen you before in game, not that has anything at all to do with it.  Then again I’m typically on later on in the day so that could be it.  I’ve played with two hit knives before, I personally think the insta kill is good.  It was brought up before about how the sword, harpoon, knife being all insta kill is “overpowered” if you will.  I said that the harpoon is basically skill, if you’re good or lucky enough to hit someone with it then so be it. As far as the shotgun goes, it’s probably the most commonly used weapon lol

I don’t have issue with the harpoon, and the 2 hit knife I’m sure is a bug. Shotguns are commonly used because they offer such ease of use, they require almost no skill to use.

 

10 hours ago, Cally said:

I agree with most of your suggestions but I believe that the knife should stay the same amount of credits. It's aperfectly valid weapon in my opinion because being able to kill someone with a knife does require some skill because you have to do it without the person noticing and shooting you in the face. Also its a weapon that always leaves dna for detectives to find which quite often will get a t killed, so it's not like it's overpowered.

Most games I’ve played just go to tower and you’ll get knifed when going up the ladder, that’s not really skill. I can see your point on the dna but I’d counter with the fact that you can just flare the body or cleverly hide it. Most times I knife someone I never get caught - could just be detectives not knowing how to do their jobs or not paying attention.

 

 

Thanks to everyone who is posting, I appreciate the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Show that a T and Detective has armor equipped. The more information given to the player, the better

Only if it is added that armor can be enabled/disabled, because otherwise if a t buys armor someone will just shoot them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Achievements

I like a lot of the suggestions you have and want to thank you for offering them. Not many people want to play as detective, and you’re right - those who get selected don’t often do their job. I think it’s a great idea to give incentives for placing health stations or

getting DNA. 
 

Armor would be a give-away for Traitors - unless we create a system where players who kill a Traitor are given 1 credit. That credit can be used to buy or repair” armor. That would be the only way to make it fair. I think that would be a neat idea. 

 

Shotguns are fine in the game as is. Some players are good with shotguns, but others can’t aim to save their lives. Shotguns are great at close range, but not so much with long range. Perhaps lower the range for this weapon. Snipers are powerful, but require more skill. I see these every match. Most people get the M16 - since there are more of these on the map. The other weapons are not used as often. I would like to see the H.U.G.E have increased damage. It is a hard weapon to control and fires a much larger round (in real life) and it should reflect that in the damage logs. It is also very loud and should make an innocent player a target.


My favorite suggestion you had was a ranking structure - where players get rank the more they are on the server and the better they play. Class (such as silver, gold, diamond) is a pretty good idea too and I am sure could be tied together with rank. I would say players should also be able to lose rank based on RDM’ing etc (but not something an Admin can modify). 

 

- REVIVE / DEFIBRILLATOR

 

Personally, I would love to see a revive / defib added to the game. The detective can buy it for 1 credit, and detective can buy it for 3 credits. I say that because detectives are given very limited credits, where as Traitors can acquire more - furthermore, Traitors are far more powerful than innocents. It should cost more credits to bring them back.

(Additional Idea to the above)

Lets talk about the identity of a Traitor who has just been revived. Should MilkMan come back as MilkMan? Let’s say he went guns blazing in front of an audience - everyone saw, and there were multiple KOS put on him.. You could argue that even if he came back as MilkMan, that is still giving the Traitor team a generous advantage and would force MilkMan to either try and be sneaky or say f*ck it and get whatever kills he can.

(Continued)

Or we can have a system in place where a Traitor's revive / defib once purchased must be “loaded” with an identity (much like the DNA scanner). Once you collect an identity (preferably from an unidentified body of someone who was "missing in action") - the Traitor can then go to their Traitor buddy’s body and revive them. That Traitor buddy will then come back to life as the person who was “missing in action”. If we were to use this system it would make revival much harder and I would ague that the revive / defib could then be lowered to 1-2 credits.

(Continued)

Additionally, we could limit the use of the revive / defib to the last Traitor, making it a “hail marry” item, where it can only be purchased if the Traitor is in-fact the last Traitor alive and has saved up the required 1-3 credits required to purchase it or force them to try and scrounge up those credits

(Continued)

The “missing in action” body whos identify was stolen can either be:

1. - Left as is (risking being discovered and the identity being compromised).

2. - Hidden or destroyed by the Traitor to prevent discovery.

3. - Disappear once the identity is collected for the revive / defib.

 

Perhaps if the unidentified body is discovered, the Traitor using that identity has their original name displayed. Just some ideas. 

 

 

- TESTER ROOM TRAP-

 

My proposed change to the Tester is that it become automated. If the light turns RED it automatically drops a player and the player who dies is notified, “You were killed by an activated T-trap” so they know it is not RDM. We could also make it so that players/detectives do not drop those being tested and instead the system is all automated. However, I think the Traitor should be able to trap the tester so if a Traitor were to go into a trapped tester instead of an Innocent it would appear to be GREEN

Edited by SkydivingSquid
  • Like 1
  • Winner 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

defib, no. Just no. You can be dead for 5 minutes then get revived and know who all the traitors are by spectating. Hell no. 

Changing the credit from 1 to 2 for a knife? WHAT. there are usually 30+ people on... 6 tratiors... im pretty sure it needs to stay to one credit one knife :"p 

i like the rest of your suggestions monsoon. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/11/2019 at 6:01 AM, Monsoon said:

Give more incentive to detectives to actually do their jobs - Most people don't like to play detective, which is understandable as your'e a major target and most likely the first to die from T's, so why not give detectives some form of reward for killing/iding T's? Maybe a small amount of points could work, however I am open to any suggestion.

Detectives get 1 credit when they or another fellow detective kills a T.

 

4 hours ago, SkydivingSquid said:

I like a lot of the suggestions you have and want to thank you for offering them. Not many people want to play as detective, and you’re right - those who get selected don’t often do their job. I think it’s a great idea to give incentives for placing health stations or

getting DNA. 
 

Armor would be a give-away for Traitors - unless we create a system where players who kill a Traitor are given 1 credit. That credit can be used to buy or repair” armor. That would be the only way to make it fair. I think that would be a neat idea. 

 

Shotguns are fine in the game as is. Some players are good with shotguns, but others can’t aim to save their lives. Shotguns are great at close range, but not so much with long range. Perhaps lower the range for this weapon. Snipers are powerful, but require more skill. I see these every match. Most people get the M16 - since there are more of these on the map. The other weapons are not used as often. I would like to see the H.U.G.E have increased damage. It is a hard weapon to control and fires a much larger round (in real life) and it should reflect that in the damage logs. It is also very loud and should make an innocent player a target.


My favorite suggestion you had was a ranking structure - where players get rank the more they are on the server and the better they play. Class (such as silver, gold, diamond) is a pretty good idea too and I am sure could be tied together with rank. I would say players should also be able to lose rank based on RDM’ing etc (but not something an Admin can modify). 

 

- REVIVE / DEFIBRILLATOR

 

Personally, I would love to see a revive / defib added to the game. The detective can buy it for 1 credit, and detective (i think you meant traitor in 1 of these 2 detective words) can buy it for 3 credits. I say that because detectives are given very limited credits, where as Traitors can acquire more - furthermore, Traitors are far more powerful than innocents. It should cost more credits to bring them back.

(Additional Idea to the above)

Lets talk about the identity of a Traitor who has just been revived. Should MilkMan come back as MilkMan? Let’s say he went guns blazing in front of an audience - everyone saw, and there were multiple KOS put on him.. You could argue that even if he came back as MilkMan, that is still giving the Traitor team a generous advantage and would force MilkMan to either try and be sneaky or say f*ck it and get whatever kills he can.

(Continued)

Or we can have a system in place where a Traitor's revive / defib once purchased must be “loaded” with an identity (much like the DNA scanner). Once you collect an identity (preferably from an unidentified body of someone who was "missing in action") - the Traitor can then go to their Traitor buddy’s body and revive them. That Traitor buddy will then come back to life as the person who was “missing in action”. If we were to use this system it would make revival much harder and I would ague that the revive / defib could then be lowered to 1-2 credits.

(Continued)

Additionally, we could limit the use of the revive / defib to the last Traitor, making it a “hail marry” item, where it can only be purchased if the Traitor is in-fact the last Traitor alive and has saved up the required 1-3 credits required to purchase it or force them to try and scrounge up those credits

(Continued)

The “missing in action” body whos identify was stolen can either be:

1. - Left as is (risking being discovered and the identity being compromised).

2. - Hidden or destroyed by the Traitor to prevent discovery.

3. - Disappear once the identity is collected for the revive / defib.

 

Perhaps if the unidentified body is discovered, the Traitor using that identity has their original name displayed. Just some ideas. 

 

 

- TESTER ROOM TRAP-

 

My proposed change to the Tester is that it become automated. If the light turns RED it automatically drops a player and the player who dies is notified, “You were killed by an activated T-trap” so they know it is not RDM. We could also make it so that players/detectives do not drop those being tested and instead the system is all automated. However, I think the Traitor should be able to trap the tester so if a Traitor were to go into a trapped tester instead of an Innocent it would appear to be GREEN

I like the idea of the Advanced Identity one (the one about Milkman)

 

There was something like that on TTT2, it was a knife and you would go around knifing someone to "collect their dna" and then you could disguise as that person. It also worked as sort of the "spy" of TF2, where he could choose who he could disguise as. 

 

I would say it drops the person and gives the body a "flare gun" effect, where it can't be ID'ed and the person is shown under "Missing In Action".

 

As for the shotgun, I agree in decreasing the range, and maybe even the spread.

 

The sniper's crosshair should be fixed, because I come around the times where I'll randomly shoot the ground and I'll somehow get a headshot, or I'll aim deadcenter at the forehead of someone and miss completely. This is why I get the m16 over the sniper sometimes, that shit has the zoom-in range of a sniper, is fully auto & has better accuracy than a sniper, how tf is this possible. I mean if you're talking about the shotgun being too OP, how about the m16?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SkydivingSquid said:

Then make it so it is a Traitor only tool, ya dingus. 

 

okay that maybe but no credit boost 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×