VilhjalmrF

L4D2 Changes

Posted  Edited by Kite9867

Our L4D2 server has been laggy and unplayable with all the infected constantly spawning and too many bots. Most of us have complained before about this but haven't really provided or enforced any changes to it. So here's my suggestion that I think will work best for the server.

Changes:

• Lower the player slot to 8 or 12. Having it at 30+ is just too much and not worth it.
  • Decrease infected spawns. The current infection spawn rate is annoying and overwhelming. Honestly unplayable.
  • Add perks. Perks is what most want nowadays. You can read more about the perks here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=889437
  • Add custom maps from workshop. A majority of players want this so they don't have to keep playing the same campaign maps over and over again.

I believe these changes can help our L4D2 server and provide a better experience for our players.

Here's a list of plugins that the server is currently using:

• "bunnyhop+" (1.1) by coleo
  • "Basic Chat" (1.8.0.6041) by AlliedModders LLC
  • "Admin File Reader" (1.8.0.6041) by AlliedModders LLC
  • "Admin Menu" (1.8.0.6041) by AlliedModders LLC
  • "Fun Votes" (1.8.0.6041) by AlliedModders LLC
  • Disabled: "Nextmap" (1.8.0.6041) by AlliedModders LLC
  • "Improved L4D2 Survivor AI Auto Trigger" (1.3) by Xanaguy
  • "Basic Commands" (1.8.0.6041) by AlliedModders LLC
  • "[L4D/L4D2] Infected Bots (Versus Coop/Coop Versus)" (2.0.0) by djromero (SkyDavid), MI 5
  • "Basic Info Triggers" (1.8.0.6041) by AlliedModders LLC
  • "Fun Commands" (1.8.0.6041) by AlliedModders LLC
  • "Player Commands" (1.8.0.6041) by AlliedModders LLC
  • "Points System" (1.8.0) by McFlurry & evilmaniac
  • "[PS] Buy Extended Support Structure" (2.0.0) by McFlurry && evilmaniac
  • "L4D Force Mission Changer" (1.4.0) by Dionys,Visual77, Viragiste & Chronic1
  • "Basic Comm Control" (1.8.0.6041) by AlliedModders LLC
  • "Client Preferences" (1.8.0.6041) by AlliedModders LLC
  • "Sound Commands" (1.8.0.6041) by AlliedModders LLC
  • "Reserved Slots" (1.8.0.6041) by AlliedModders LLC
  • "L4D Survivor AI Pounced Fix" (1.0.5) by AtomicStryker
  • "Anti-Flood" (1.8.0.6041) by AlliedModders LLC
  • "Basic Votes" (1.8.0.6041) by AlliedModders LLC
  • "[L4D2] Weapon Unlock" (0.8.1) by Crimson_Fox
  • "[L4D/L4D2]AutoTakeOver" (2.0) by Lux
  • "[L4D2] Survivor Respawning" (1.25) by Mortiegama
  • "L4D SuperVersus" (1.5.4) by DDRKhat
  • "Admin Help" (1.8.0.6041) by AlliedModders LLC

I will be looking into more of these plugins and see if any of them are really needed. And provide more feedback. As for now this is my suggestion. You are welcome to suggest anything else or give feedback. Thanks for reading!

( Tagging the people who might be interested. @Roy @Ben Roy @WigglesWorth )

Edited by Kite9867

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

If you're interested in helping out on the server (e.g. Manager), feel free to reach out to me via Discord.

As of right now, the server doesn't have a manager and I know I don't want to maintain it. Therefore, I don't mind giving somebody a chance (really can't hurt).

Thanks.

Glad l4d is getting some love. 

I enjoy the idea of custom maps, as this game has been out for such a long time that the standard maps are all but obsolete. A vote map function with these may also keep people playing through multiple rounds instead of one and done. 

Perks are a good choice but a delicate process. Have to find the right balance between fun and overpowering. Especially if it's part of a versus server

A small group coop server usually has a weird success rate per 12 human players allowed (I.e. The best servers have 12/24/36 slots, exception of 32)

8v8 versus has seemed like a great amount of players to keep it fun but not impossible for either side to win. 

Custom skins are very difficult to add, if memory serves me correct. Especially how gmod has a point shop for skins and accessories; downright impossible, but allowing players to use their client side skins could be another benefit and attraction

The Director (AI fucker) has bugs when the slots increase more, so might have to keep an eye on that, which would solve the spawning issue. 

Have my input for no reason :lenny:

10.png

09d0b896183dbff5a60d2b2cc222695d.png

367262534_BOI.png.c132dc31a7816b5ef0a2142c6559bc4c.png

Achievements

1 minute ago, WigglesWorth said:

Perks are a good choice but a delicate process. Have to find the right balance between fun and overpowering. Especially if it's part of a versus server

We won't be going with a versus server. Instead we'll be doing a COOP server. Versus tends to get messy and toxic. :P

3 minutes ago, WigglesWorth said:

Custom skins are very difficult to add, if memory serves me correct. Especially how gmod has a point shop for skins and accessories; downright impossible, but allowing players to use their client side skins could be another benefit and attraction 

Custom skins aren't really needed. People don't really care for it from what I have seen. But maybe if ever suggested or wanted by the majority we might add it.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

I'm curious, how do you all feel with no bots on the server? Do you think it's best that way or would you rather have bots (at least 4) in?

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

19 minutes ago, Kite9867 said:

I'm curious, how do you all feel with no bots on the server? Do you think it's best that way or would you rather have bots (at least 4) in?

Personally, I am not a fan of bots, mainly because of how stupid they can be. As @Roy can attest they have definitely lost us a match or two which can be incredibly frustrating.  Something fun that could be added is a ranking system (if its doable) for most infected/ most special infected killed/most witches killed ect. It will keep people coming back to try and stay at the top of the leaderboards. 

"You know what I realized? Noob and nerd are both four letter words." - Roy 2018

22 minutes ago, Cally said:

Personally, I am not a fan of bots, mainly because of how stupid they can be. As @Roy can attest they have definitely lost us a match or two which can be incredibly frustrating.  Something fun that could be added is a ranking system (if its doable) for most infected/ most special infected killed/most witches killed ect. It will keep people coming back to try and stay at the top of the leaderboards. 

After talking to a few players they agree with your statement. I'll keep that noted. (And yea since perks are being added the bots won't be needed tbh.)

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

1 hour ago, Kite9867 said:

Bots are very stupid and usually die quicker. 

No bots will be nice, at least. 

76561198043643390.png

Pinned the topic as I want to discuss this more. Starting in the morning when I wake up, I'll give feedback about some of the current plugins in the list.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

I prefer the server to stay as a coop server. If it gets populated and as @WigglesWorth wanted, we could eventually add a versus server. But as of now, it's a coop server and it's very fun mode though. 

I would recommend adding these options if possible:

• EXP / Upgrade (so that you can upgrade your weapon, downgrade attack on monsters toward yourself, more health, armor, etc)
  • Add more weapons (those damn bots took all 'em weapons)
  • Clan system.
    • This basically allows you to create a guild/clan within the game.
    • With that being said, you can also add missions for your clan, but this only benefit on the items if it affects your exp/upgrade option
    • You can have clan tags in the game. Like even if this is for GFL already, you can still have a club in the game.
    • You can make it where it's only creatable if you're paid for the option to create a clan in the game or any of that sort.
  • Customized appearance
    • That's not effy part though, it kinds of lags sometimes. Well on the servers that I play on
    • Similar to pointshop items You equip and stuff
    • Some items, like probably a pet or whatever name you name it, can attack the zombies for you

That's all I want to say.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Speaking about bots, someone did make an improved bots mod on the workshop wil makes the bots a lot better in their ai. I edit this post when I get on my PC to find the mod. This can make the bots less annoying and not die too quick.

Number 15. Infinity War Spoilers. The last thing you want is Infinity War Spoilers, but that's what you might get.

18 minutes ago, MrNoobyNoob said:

Speaking about bots, someone did make an improved bots mod on the workshop wil makes the bots a lot better in their ai. I edit this post when I get on my PC to find the mod. This can make the bots less annoying and not die too quick.

I already decided to not do bots. People will manage without them with perks.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

19 hours ago, Bae said:
  • EXP / Upgrade (so that you can upgrade your weapon, downgrade attack on monsters toward yourself, more health, armor, etc)
  • Add more weapons (those damn bots took all 'em weapons)
  • Clan system.
    • This basically allows you to create a guild/clan within the game.
    • With that being said, you can also add missions for your clan, but this only benefit on the items if it affects your exp/upgrade option
    • You can have clan tags in the game. Like even if this is for GFL already, you can still have a club in the game.
    • You can make it where it's only creatable if you're paid for the option to create a clan in the game or any of that sort.
  • Customized appearance
    • That's not effy part though, it kinds of lags sometimes. Well on the servers that I play on
    • Similar to pointshop items You equip and stuff
    • Some items, like probably a pet or whatever name you name it, can attack the zombies for you

Not sure I'll get this to be added at first. But maybe over time it will. I just want to see how it goes first; don't want to go all out.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

18 hours ago, Kite9867 said:

Not sure I'll get this to be added at first. But maybe over time it will. I just want to see how it goes first; don't want to go all out.

No problem that's what suggestions thread are for. 😂

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements