Harakoni

Big Fan of Not Being a Fan to be Brutally Honest

idk what to say other than the fact that I didn't get a tag but you brought up good points.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

I read the resignation & I agree as well as disagree with some things:

Agree:

- Council had to go, the current council members weren't doing shit (most of them), and it was just a role that had power, but didn't do shit. It had no involvement in the teams, unless needed, and it had no involvement in the game servers, so it was technically a Director 2.0. 

- Transparency, this was a huge reason for me resigning as well, I couldn't stand changes being done to Media Team while I was still leader & some random-ass guy joins my Team's Discord to change shit up, not only didn't consult the members/leaders, but had removed roles & other shit all without talking with anyone. A nice warning that this would've happened would've been nice. I can see where you're coming from, as well as the short, dry responses I got from everyone involved in the changes, and the confusion created by people who mixed information & omitted information, and just blatantly tried causing chaos & making the staff team look toxic.

Disagree:

- Your claim about toxicity. There's a difference between being toxic and disagreeing with someone. You can either be civil and disagree with someone, or you can full blown insult them & degrade them as people for bringing up a topic. Here I'll show you an example:

Director>Let's remove Council as it's a useless role
Council>>No fuck you, you stupid fucking nigger, you don't know what you're talking about

or 

Director>Let's remove Council as it's a useless role

Council>>I agree that there are some things useless about the role, but give it some time for us to show you that this role is worth keeping. If you remove it, I'd totally understand.

- The claim of how Council was removed. I can see that you were in internal and you probably know more about me (pf idk do you? :lenny: ), but it was done that way because it NEEDED to be done that way. The many people I've asked about what happened have all told me that there was an extreme amount of toxicity within the Internal Discord, mostly revolving around the ex-Council members. I don't see how you could have a role that is straight bashing every opinion that a Director does, but at the same time does NOTHING, except play Rust when you're supposed to be working. (This is a reference to some Council members that would show that they're online in Discord, it said they were playing Rust, and wouldn't respond to pings). I can see why the role itself was removed, the Council weren't doing shit. 

- Going back to toxicity, I don't agree that the GFL Community should be toxic toward Directors. It's like the left trying to argue something Trump does as negative, like the wall. Watch this video if you disagree with building the wall. Also while you're at it, make sure to unlock your front door and prop it open when you sleep at night, maybe you'll see the benefit of having Trump's wall. Because of the amount of toxicity there is in GFL now, compared to when GFL was in it's prime, I can say that banning toxic kids is a good move, especially when they're the reason people leave this community, or resign from positions. Contradicting what people say isn't toxic, it's the way it's represented. Here's an example of a toxic comment:

Screen_Shot_2019-01-08_at_8_28.35_AM.png.cab3c5f92e774d851b53227737dfe378.png

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

5 hours ago, positive said:

Leadership: Team members are now staff despite being autistic drama kids

Team members: *create a lot of retarded teenage drama* 

Leadership: Yeah you're not staff anymore

Team members:

image.jpeg.165d245d7c24edf26d19193aa3209870.jpeg

Honestly, grow up.

I KNOW ONE WAY TO SOLVE THAT ISSUE!

*Deletes Team Leaders.*

There!

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

Enjoy your freedom while it lasts. The regime is ready to take out opposition by any means necessary.

Half jokes aside, you did the right thing IMO ("peer pressure" :lenny: ) and I hope others will join us in protest. Directors will start listening to the community when their foundation collapses on itself.

Discord_qoN8aT2ZDX.png.f28687352471a3aed92f034cf759e7d1.png

Rip, really sad to see you go from a lot of GFL servers. (even though I'm just that guy on one server)

Thank you for all you have done with GFL, and you have been overall very supportive, you helped me have a great time on GFL, and you have overall inspired to help me be myself, and being satisfied with my life.

Thank you for all you have done, you will be remembered :)

-Wuf

-Brotherwolf

I was very close to doing something like this myself. Sadly, a simple developer like me cannot make a dramatic leader exit. :P I was initially very skeptical of these changes, and I heavily dislike how they were executed, but after calming down and looking beyond the execution, I know that the changes will help GFL in the long run. The most important thing is to compromise, and that's currently going very well while these changes are getting stabilized.

Concerning transparency and many of the other issues present, I think we need to remember Hanlov's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. The Directors have done what they believed was necessary, and much of this seems to have been driven understandably by panic after VirusKing's resignation. I do agree that some bad decisions have been made, but I do believe we got some very important changes through: Cutting out the middle-man between Directors and directing and getting(/forcing) Directors to be more active.

Personally, I will try to get the best out of these changes, but I am very sad to see you leave.

Wanna know what I am up to? Take a look at my personal Trello board or my cards on the Development Trello board!

On 1/19/2019 at 9:16 AM, Harakoni said:

@WigglesWorth At first wasn't a fan. I mean my first impression was being called a faggot :lenny:, Nonetheless, keep up that abuse work in the Gmod Discord

That alone was worth the price of admission

Posted  Edited by RoyCallahan

Post Mortem, I was in talks with roy. Roy wanted to ban all the toxic people (which may make up most of his supporting base) because he felt as if those toxic people were responsible for chasing off all the new, friendly, people who attempted to join this community by singling them out, giving them the cold shoulder whenever they called for help on a server and generally being an ass to everyone. probably all in the name of a "good joke" well I once got a message from roy saying he wasnt willing to talk to ANYONE in the community because of the way people acted.

@positive is right, team members create petty bullshit drama, back before. I tried to stick my hands in and dive into this community to help this community, well basically everytime I tried I hit a brick fucking wall with the same people who carried some petty teenage vendetta and their only way of dealing with this was by turning me into a scapegoat because obviously when you're facing mob mentality of the toxic people they'll use anything they can get their hands on

So, to conclude. Spineless leader is supported by a base of followers that qualify for exactly what he DOESNT want in the community.

p.p.s im a big fan of being brutally honest because as homer says. "You can't handle the truth!"

Edited by RoyCallahan

Posted  Edited by Syntax

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -Aldous Huxley

The truth shall always prevail, this dude 'RoyCallahan', and I honestly would be grateful if he sent me a PM telling me my cons/pros because he clearly has a realistic view, is an absolute legend. I'm not sure who he is, or who he may be, but this dude just hammered down with some straight facts, laugh all you want. I've been mentioning this for the past 6 months, the wrong people are in charge. And what happens when the wrong people are in almost the 2nd most supreme spot (Council)? They will create delusional ranks and promote supporters. But that's not it, you think they'd team up but in reality they're all just waiting for the right moment to stab each other's backs.

I can't believe the director role has not been invaded by some manipulator yet, I could claim X2D but it wouldn't be a fact, rather an assumption. And I'm never fan at all, to be brutally honest. Those behind Virus leaving are not the debaters nor the OPs, they're those he deemed were just seeking the right moment to pop out of nowhere and rule through tyranny and manipulation, and eventually attempting to get into his business to then destroy whatever he had started, basically working in GFL to then have it destroyed by some random because he thinks DL and TL should be the same, or TL should be higher (Low IQ Stuff). It's funny how many people are ready to claim they hate drama, yet cast shadows larger than their bodies, and just work with each other to remove anyone that's an honest worker, by singling them out, and one by one they crush them, because people who actually do something for this community usually don't communicate as much because they're too busy working. Still, they'll respond whenever they can.

If you're a director and you're reading this, I hope you understand that there's lot of shit going on, it's not about the topics and the hierarchy things that are being brought up, it's just those who are abusing the situation, we took a bet playing on an unstable system, and here we are. 2 DLs, 20 PR Members, and nothing's being done. I'm going to insist on not stating any names because I don't want to get instant hate which would lead to the post being deleted, but I seriously pity those who cannot see past their nose.

It doesn't matter, truly. Toxicity is a disease, and it's contagious. The majority's been infected, or at least those who make up the majority have been. It's okay to have toxic members, but having manipulative, power hungry, toxic people in charge is just absolutely ridiculous.

Roy, it's time to delete this entire PR joke, people in it are not worthy of the rank, that's why I suggested having badges instead, do we really need Teams to do us art when it's not requested all the time? I'm not going to go in-depth, but that's just my idea. I hope the PR Team will accept my suggestion, if they are truly okay with their rank being removed for the better of gfl, keep them close. Otherwise, I don't see why anyone should be mad over losing their rank, unless they feel powerless without a role.

Thanks,
Syntax.

Edited by Syntax

Achievements